Draft him anyways
Draft another QB
Draft Chase Young
Trade the Pick
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if Burrow pulls an Eli
(12-09-2019, 09:41 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, he publicly stated before the draft that he would not play in San Diego.  So, the Chargers worked out a deal beforehand with the Giants, drafted him, then traded him to the Giants. 

Ah ok. Well that scenario would be a no-brainer, take Young.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
They'll draft him. I don't see anything like the Eli fiasco happening ever again.

Hopefully the FO makes some moves this offseason that make it a moot point (wishful thinking). Starting with getting an experienced OC in here that can develop him and build the offense around his strengths.

Someone like Todd Haley. Yea he an ass and rub players the wrong way, but his system worked. At every stop when given time. He knew how to run the ball and use a back like Mixon. He had a strong intermediate passing attack. Look no further than Mayfield now that Freddy isn't using his playbook to call plays.

Bengals got to sell themselves to a lot of people to gain any faith. Talk is cheap and they have to act.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 09:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ah ok. Well that scenario would be a no-brainer, take Young.

Well, it depends on if you could swing a deal for Burrow with another team ala the Chargers.  I mean a savvy front office could...um...could...yeah, never mind.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Shouldn’t take him anyway. Trade down. Win 0 games next year and get Trevor Lawrence. Then we can talk about him holding out as he definitely should.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 09:59 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Shouldn’t take him anyway.  Trade down.  Win 0 games next year and get Trevor Lawrence.  Then we can talk about him holding out as he definitely should.

I think we should win 0 games in 2021 too just to play it safe. 
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 09:15 PM)jason Wrote: Either you're joking, or you have that all mixed up...

Ugggh.. i guess i did get it mixed up.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 10:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think we should win 0 games in 2021 too just to play it safe. 

What IF we just keep losing 0 games, drafting 1st for like 10 years in a row. The guys will be cheap when they come off of their rookie deals to retain.

Do you think after like 6-7 years of Taylor going 0-16 that people will be like 'He'll be the winningest coach in Bengals history!'
Reply/Quote
Wouldn’t blame him one bit
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 10:36 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Wouldn’t blame him one bit

The Ballad of Andrew Luck should be a good reason to avoid really bad teams.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 11:17 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: The Ballad of Andrew Luck should be a good reason to avoid really bad teams.

The Colts won a SB and have had plenty of postseason success. They’re not a bad franchise.

The Bengals, Browns, Lions, etc are in a class of their own.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 11:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Colts won a SB and have had plenty of postseason success. They’re not a bad franchise.

Mostly because of Peyton: Elway did it to the Colts as well. Many believe that's why they left Baltimore.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 09:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Eli and Elway have more SB titles than nutsacks, so time will tell how Burrow handles us drafting him if and when. 

No arguing that. Of course all it would have taken is 1. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 11:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Colts won a SB and have had plenty of postseason success. They’re not a bad franchise.

We are slightly in a different class, as we haven't gone 0-16. Yet....
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 11:53 PM)CalgaryBengalsFan Wrote: We are slightly in a different class, as we haven't gone 0-16. Yet....

In some regards. Those teams don't have the albatross of no playoff wins in 28 years too.

We still have the same Owner/GM running things. Those teams atleast make changes to GM's. We keep using the same small scout formula.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 11:29 PM)J24 Wrote: Mostly because of Peyton: Elway did it to the Colts as well. Many believe that's why they left Baltimore.

Luck won 4 playoff games there. That’s almost as many as our entire franchise.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 11:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: In some regards. Those teams don't have the albatross of no playoff wins in 28 years too.

We still have the same Owner/GM running things. Those teams atleast make changes to GM's. We keep using the same small scout formula.

The Lions are what 27? I don’t think that one year over us gives them much solace lol

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 01:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Luck won 4 playoff games there. That’s almost as many as our entire franchise.

So it took them two of the greatest QB prospects of all time to make them respectable? 
J24

Reply/Quote
Burrow retweeted a Bengals post last week (I believe it was Sam Hubbard highlights after Cincy beat the Jets). He’s from Ohio. Did he grow up a Bengal fan? I believe he nearly transferred to UC as well.

I doubt he’d have a problem coming to his home state ... or maybe he’s as aware of the dysfunctional front office as we are and will pull an Eli/Elway. Who knows?

As much as I love the Bengals, they are literally the last team I’d want to play for if I had a chance at playing pro football.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 01:43 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Burrow retweeted a Bengals post last week (I believe it was Sam Hubbard highlights after Cincy beat the Jets). He’s from Ohio. Did he grow up a Bengal fan? I believe he nearly transferred to UC as well.

I doubt he’d have a problem coming to his home state ... or maybe he’s as aware of the dysfunctional front office as we are and will pull an Eli/Elway. Who knows?

As much as I love the Bengals, they are literally the last team I’d want to play for if I had a chance at playing pro football.

I don't think it would be him more so his dad and his eventual agent and marketing team. Hell if he wants to be here then let's get him any way possible.
J24

Reply/Quote
He's from Ohio.

He's also young and dumb like Carson Palmer was. Carson believed he could change the franchise (something he admitted himself). I could see Burrow being naive enough to believe similar.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote