Draft him anyways
Draft another QB
Draft Chase Young
Trade the Pick
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if Burrow pulls an Eli
He won't. He's from Ohio and probably grew up loving the Bengals because they were in an era they were good when he was a kid.
Reply/Quote
I said the same thing months ago, when Tau was still he supposed #1 pick. Elway and Eli did it, now player straight up refuse to play when they already have a helmet. May not be able to go where you want, but sitting out, acting out, etc. is a lot more common.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 02:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'd just like to point out that the Chargers had not had a winning season in 9 years when Eli refused to play for them.  Bengals have made the playoffs 6 of the last 10 years.

There staring at 1-15 and Mike Brown has had zero success without Marvin.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 04:54 PM)J24 Wrote: There staring at 1-15 and Mike Brown has had zero success without Marvin.

When they show Burrow at the draft in the green room talking on his cell, it will be CP telling him not to sign and don't believe any bullshit the team tells you about wanting to win.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Here are the top 4 football athletes that refused to play for the team that drafted them:

1 John Elway.
2 Eli Manning.
3 Jim Kelly.
4 Bo Jackson.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 10:18 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Detroit has the albatross of one playoff win....ever.  And they are a lot older than the Bengals.

Edit:  I see Nately already said that.

Hmm, let's not forget where the Lions got their roots.  They were originally the Portsmouth (OH) Spartans.  They moved to Detroit and became the Lions.  They won 4 NFL Championships between 1935 and 1957.  Sorta like Cleveland, they were a proud franchise prior to the merger of the AFL/NFL that makes up the modern league.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 06:09 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Here are the top 4 football athletes that refused to play for the team that drafted them:

1 John Elway.
2 Eli Manning.
3 Jim Kelly.
5 Bo Jackson.

Ok, so who was number 4??  Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 07:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ok, so who was number 4??  Cool

Sorry, mistyped the numbers!
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 07:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, let's not forget where the Lions got their roots.  They were originally the Portsmouth (OH) Spartans.  They moved to Detroit and became the Lions.  They won 4 NFL Championships between 1935 and 1957.  Sorta like Cleveland, they were a proud franchise prior to the merger of the AFL/NFL that makes up the modern league.

Well the Dayton Triangles are having a pretty good season... Nobody saw it coming when Andrew Luck retired.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 06:09 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Here are the top 4 football athletes that refused to play for the team that drafted them:

1 John Elway.
2 Eli Manning.
3 Jim Kelly.
4 Bo Jackson.

Two Hall of Famers, one who people argue may be, but regardless has two rings and one who some say is one of the greatest athletes ever, but Bengals broke him. 
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 01:42 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I read somewhere recently that Cincy was one of the biggest up-and-coming cities for people in their 20’s (or something like that, maybe it said one of the best cities to raise a family or best city for young professionals... can’t really remember)

How true is this?

I’m obviously biased, but I’d say that’s probably pretty accurate.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 03:59 PM)Destro Wrote: I said the same thing months ago, when Tau was still he supposed #1 pick. Elway and Eli did it, now player straight up refuse to play when they already have a helmet. May not be able to go where you want, but sitting out, acting out, etc. is a lot more common.

It's like being a terrible owner has consequences...no fair! 
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 07:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, let's not forget where the Lions got their roots.  They were originally the Portsmouth (OH) Spartans.  They moved to Detroit and became the Lions.  They won 4 NFL Championships between 1935 and 1957.  Sorta like Cleveland, they were a proud franchise prior to the merger of the AFL/NFL that makes up the modern league.

They also share our misfortune of being run by a sperm-lucky, clueless, senile old twit.  Walk toward the light, Martha, and take Mikey along with you.  

Ha ha, only kidding  Mellow
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Drafting him anyways would be a Mike Brown move. But it would be a bad move.

Here's what the likely results would be if the Bengals drafted him anyways:
1. Bengals trade him for future picks. This means no help next season, even at spots that desperately need help.
2. Bengals trade him for a player and future picks. Unless that player is an all-pro at his position, which he won't be, the team doesn't get a top player at a position it really needs help at.
3. Mike Brown demands the farm for Burrows and no one bites. Burrows says f-u to the Bengals and sits out a year and re-enters the draft next season. Wasted top pick.
4. Another year of sucking badly by the Bengals.

In any of these scenarios the Bengals come out looking inept, which they are.

Taylor will have a new excuse for sucking ass next season. Victim of someone else that wasn't his fault.

Reply/Quote
Hell, instead of hoping our first rounder refuses to sign with Cincy, let's hope for ALL our draft picks to refuse to sign. Can you imagine the black eye to Mike Brown if a friggin' 7th rounder refused to sign with the Bengals?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 11:03 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Drafting him anyways would be a Mike Brown move. But it would be a bad move.

Here's what the likely results would be if the Bengals drafted him anyways:
1. Bengals trade him for future picks. This means no help next season, even at spots that desperately need help.
2. Bengals trade him for a player and future picks. Unless that player is an all-pro at his position, which he won't be, the team doesn't get a top player at a position it really needs help at.
3. Mike Brown demands the farm for Burrows and no one bites. Burrows says f-u to the Bengals and sits out a year and re-enters the draft next season. Wasted top pick.
4. Another year of sucking badly by the Bengals.

In any of these scenarios the Bengals come out looking inept, which they are.

Taylor will have a new excuse for sucking ass next season. Victim of someone else that wasn't his fault.

I don't understand your logic.

Why would it be impossible for the Bengals to trade Burrow for a top player at a position of need?
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 03:50 PM)PDub80 Wrote: He won't. He's from Ohio and probably grew up loving the Bengals because they were in an era they were good when he was a kid.

Born in 96.. Which era exactly were the bengals good when he was a kid? I guess being a kid really needs better formed parameters.. I kind of think as my formative years as 0-10 or thereabouts, but it may be different for others.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 12:26 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Hell, instead of hoping our first rounder refuses to sign with Cincy, let's hope for ALL our draft picks to refuse to sign. Can you imagine the black eye to Mike Brown if a friggin' 7th rounder refused to sign with the Bengals?

Never happening.. Even bengals draftees get paid regardless of the record or which round. Imagine you're a bubble type 7th round player struggling to make rent. You mean you'd turn down a chance to enter the NFL despite Mike Brown? "Oh yeah...I'd MUCH rather starve and never get a chance to make millions than play for Mike Brown!" At some point our hatred of Mike Brown still needs a bit of reality dosed in with it.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
If empty seats in Paul Brown Stadium haven't affected Mikey Boy, perhaps his first three 2020 draft picks giving him the finger will.
Reply/Quote

1 John Elway.
2 Eli Manning.
3 Jim Kelly.
4 Bo Jackson.

Now list top 4 that didn't refuse:
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote