Draft him anyways
Draft another QB
Draft Chase Young
Trade the Pick
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if Burrow pulls an Eli
(12-10-2019, 01:43 AM)J24 Wrote: So it took them two of the greatest QB prospects of all time to make them respectable? 

I have no idea why you’re arguing over this. Point is the Colts are not a bad franchise. Hell, Jacoby Brissett has a PR of 93.2 right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 01:43 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Burrow retweeted a Bengals post last week (I believe it was Sam Hubbard highlights after Cincy beat the Jets). He’s from Ohio. Did he grow up a Bengal fan? I believe he nearly transferred to UC as well.

I doubt he’d have a problem coming to his home state ... or maybe he’s as aware of the dysfunctional front office as we are and will pull an Eli/Elway. Who knows?

As much as I love the Bengals, they are literally the last team I’d want to play for if I had a chance at playing pro football.

I’d rather play for the Bengals than the Lions.

Both franchise’s suck but Cincinnati>>>Detroit

Reply/Quote
I really hope he does pull an Eli, might actually be enough of a black eye for Mike Brown to change if draft picks flat out say I won't play there, but need more then Burrow, need him, and Tua and Herbert, and Young and basically a list of draft picks saying, nope I will sit out or go to XFL or CFL before I play for Mike Brown.

*Note, I did say might.

**Side note 2, it is the only reason I want the XFL to succeed, so guys have another place to go and make money and the NFL is no longer the only game in town, could actually force some much needed changes.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 01:57 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d rather play for the Bengals than the Lions.

Not really anymore, Detroit as a city has really had a nice comeback, the entertainment district is actually really nice.

As far as the franchise goes, there is no franchise in the NFL as messed up as the Bengals. The Lions do suck, but at least they try to get better, and make moves to improve. Just doesn't ever seem to work for them.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 01:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I have no idea why you’re arguing over this. Point is the Colts are not a bad franchise. Hell, Jacoby Brissett has a PR of 93.2 right now.

There owner is joke!! The guy that was suspended for driving drunk and having a bunch of drugs in his car. 
His dad was a despicable person moving the Colts in the middle of the night w(his employees knowledge) to Indy.
Hell John Elway refused to play for him because the team sucked so much.
Anyways since when does being better than the Bengals mean they are a good franchise? 
Anyways Peyton saved the franchise this isn't disputed that much.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 02:01 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Not really anymore, Detroit as a city has really had a nice comeback, the entertainment district is actually really nice.

As far as the franchise goes, there is no franchise in the NFL as messed up as the Bengals. The Lions do suck, but at least they try to get better, and make moves to improve. Just doesn't ever seem to work for them.

So has Cincy. Just look at OTR.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 02:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So has Cincy. Just look at OTR.

No denying that the banks, and OTR are nice and really nice, but I wouldn't say we are so far ahead of many other cities at this point. We are still Cincinnati and usually about 5 years behind on the trends.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 07:20 PM)J24 Wrote: And says I'm not playing for the Bengals? What should the Bengals do?

Then Mike Brown would definitely draft him.  LOL.  
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 01:57 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d rather play for the Bengals than the Lions.

Yeah Detroit is the pits.  They have 1 playoff win 28 years ago and that win broke a 34 year drought.

To put it in perspective, the Lions have won a single playoff game almost directly in the middle between today and time I Love Lucy was still making new episodes.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 11:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: In some regards. Those teams don't have the albatross of no playoff wins in 28 years too.

We still have the same Owner/GM running things. Those teams atleast make changes to GM's. We keep using the same small scout formula.

Detroit has the albatross of one playoff win....ever.  And they are a lot older than the Bengals.

Edit: I see Nately already said that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Yeah, at least we had some good teams in the 80’s. We weren’t always a joke. The Lions are pretty much known for 3 things, Barry Sanders, playing on Thanksgiving, and sucking since forever.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 09:13 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: He's probably thinking of Peyton Manning, I think he refused to play for the Chargers and went to the Colts instead in a "forced" trade thanks to his dad Archie or something like that.. I can't remember now any details.

damn it was ELI refused to play for the chargers who drafted him.    Giants drafted Philip rivers and they traded
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 09:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Any QB who can stand to spend his whole career here should get a giant golden nutsack award. 

The board I frequented before this one awarded a Golden Dildo trophy to the worst player of each game. 

I miss that. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
So you are ASSUMING Mike Brown will draft him??? Hilarious

Don't put the cart before the horse!!
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 10:59 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: damn it was ELI refused to play for the chargers who drafted him.    Giants drafted Philip rivers and they traded

Eli Manning got very 'lucky' to have won 2 rings!

He benefited from a great defense and got hot at the perfect time.

He also finished 32 in QB rankings one year!

As horrible as the Bengals are this year, Dalton is still ranked 3 spots higher.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 11:10 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: The board I frequented before this one awarded a Golden Dildo trophy to the worst player of each game. 

I miss that. 

If you stay with the Bengals you'll get this nutsack made of gold...but if you don't, Mike Brown will get your soul!

(12-10-2019, 12:55 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Eli Manning got very 'lucky' to have won 2 rings!

He benefited from a great defense and got hot at the perfect time.

He also finished 32 in QB rankings one year!

As horrible as the Bengals are this year, Dalton is still ranked 3 spots higher.

That goes back to him not wanting to play for a crap organization, then.  Eli got 2 rings with the Giants and the Chargers got zero out of nearly two decades of having Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers under center. 
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 01:50 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: He's from Ohio.

He's also young and dumb like Carson Palmer was. Carson believed he could change the franchise (something he admitted himself). I could see Burrow being naive enough to believe similar.

God let’s hope so
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 02:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So has Cincy. Just look at OTR.

I read somewhere recently that Cincy was one of the biggest up-and-coming cities for people in their 20’s (or something like that, maybe it said one of the best cities to raise a family or best city for young professionals... can’t really remember)

How true is this?
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 08:38 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Then Mike Brown would definitely draft him.  LOL.  

and only trade him for 2 1st round picks..
Reply/Quote
I'd just like to point out that the Chargers had not had a winning season in 9 years when Eli refused to play for them. Bengals have made the playoffs 6 of the last 10 years.
Reply/Quote