Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is "White Privledge"?
(03-07-2016, 12:51 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I do, but feel free to do your own research on the topic. 

The topic is how perceptions are influenced by surrounding factors. Such as family, friends, school and media. 

That's really not how this is suppose to work son.

If you make a claim you need to back it up with your own facts and research.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-07-2016, 12:51 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I do, but feel free to do your own research on the topic. 

The topic is how perceptions are influenced by surrounding factors. Such as family, friends, school and media. 

Let me teach you how the scientific method works.  You have a hypothesis.  It is your responsibilty to prove your hypothesis.  It isn't my responsibility to prove your hypothesis.  That's how it works.  That's how it has always worked.

Drug companies don't tell rival drug companies our antibiotic works better than your antibiotics.  Prove it.  Because that isn't how it works.

Because without evidence your theory isn't a theory; it is a hypothesis.  In this case, it isn't even a hypothesis.  It's just conjecture.
(03-07-2016, 12:56 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Again, do you or do you not think a person's perspective is influenced by what they are told to be true?

Of course I agree that is possible.  That is why I only cited empirical evidence to prove my point instead of relying on the perspective of individuals.

Are you starting to get the difference now?  
The more I think about it, the more I don't like "Privilege" to define something I should expect and in no way feel guilty about. If a black person is denied the chance to buy a house in a neighborhood, and I do buy that house, that's discrimination against the black person. That's not a privilege for me. If a black man can't drive without being pulled over, and I can, that's not a privilege I should be looking to give up. Again that's discrimination against the black man.

This discussion has been going on forever, but I guess someone wanted to write a book, and had to coin a phrase to make it seem new.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-07-2016, 01:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: That's really not how this is suppose to work son.

If you make a claim you need to back it up with your own facts and research.

If you don't like what he says then you do the work and refute.  The burden is on you to prove him wrong.   Not for him to prove himself correct.

It's easy to sit back call everyone else's ideas wrong. Especially when you do zero work to prove them incorrect.
(03-07-2016, 05:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If you don't like what he says then you do the work and refute.  The burden is on you to prove him wrong.   Not for him to prove himself correct.

It's easy to sit back call everyone else's ideas wrong.   Especially when you do zero work to prove them incorrect.

Its also easy to pull shit out of your ass and present it as evidence.  Especially when you're full of shit and have plenty to spare.
(03-07-2016, 05:13 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Its also easy to pull shit out of your ass and present it as evidence.  Especially when you're full of shit and have plenty to spare.

Nevertheless .... The burden is still on the one who accuses the person of being incorrect.
(03-07-2016, 05:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If you don't like what he says then you do the work and refute.  The burden is on you to prove him wrong.   Not for him to prove himself correct.

It's easy to sit back call everyone else's ideas wrong.   Especially when you do zero work to prove them incorrect.

How can I refute it if he won't tell me what it is?

If someone makes a claim and says they have the studies to back it up then show it so it can be examined and possible refuted.
(03-07-2016, 05:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: How can I refute it if he won't tell me what it is?

If someone makes a claim and says they have the studies to back it up then show it so it can be examined and possible refuted.

Couldn't you find studies or info to back up your position?
(03-07-2016, 06:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Couldn't you find studies or info to back up your position?

I didn't make the claim.  He did.  Then he was asked if he had studies and numbers to back it up.  He said yes but he wanted others to find it.

(03-07-2016, 11:23 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: There are plenty of studies done concerning the way people perceive the world around them. 

Feel free to do some research in the matter of you wish. 

Of course all I did was provide a theoretical situation to illustrate how people are raised can impact their views. 

(03-07-2016, 11:38 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Do you have data to support your numbers?  Do you have a study with data to support your theory?

So no.  He needs to prove this.  Then, assuming it is legitimate, others may be able to refute it.  I'm not even saying he is wrong.  Just that if he makes a claim, claims he can back it up and then doesn't then his claim is more than questionable.

Citation: McCarthy's list of known Communists.
(03-07-2016, 06:36 PM)GMDino Wrote: I didn't make the claim.  He did.  Then he was asked if he had studies and numbers to back it up.  He said yes but he wanted others to find it.

So no.  He needs to prove this.  Then, assuming it is legitimate, others may be able to refute it.  I'm not even saying he is wrong.  Just that if he makes a claim, claims he can back it up and then doesn't then his claim is more than questionable.

Citation: McCarthy's list of known Communists.

Actually he doesn't need to prove anything. You need to prove him wrong. He isn't here giving a lesson. He is staring his position then saying he has the info to back it up. There is no need to show that info unless you can refute his position with your own facts. You just want the luxury of sitting back and saying no to everything he says and when he doesn't allow you to do so you call him a liar lol .
(03-07-2016, 06:47 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Actually he doesn't need to prove anything.   You need to prove him wrong.    He isn't here giving a lesson.   He is staring his position then saying he has the info to back it up.   There is no need to show that info unless you can refute his position with your own facts.   You just want the luxury of sitting back and saying no to everything he says and when he doesn't allow you to do so you call him a liar lol .

My position is he needs to prove his position deserves any attention or attempt to prove wrong.  I can back my position up but that's not up to me.  That's your job now.

Prove my position wrong.   And don't just say I'm wrong or a liar.  You must have research to prove it. Mellow
(03-07-2016, 06:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: My position is he needs to prove his position deserves any attention or attempt to prove wrong.  I can back my position up but that's not up to me.  That's your job now.

Prove my position wrong.   And don't just say I'm wrong or a liar.  You must have research to prove it. Mellow

I personally don't care about whatever you two are going on about. I was merely pointing out that it's easy to sit back and shoot everything down without ever proving anything yourself. Irk Maybe he doesn't want to take the long road of explaining something for you to just post a fat jeremy piven meme and basically wasting his time.
(03-07-2016, 07:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I personally don't care about whatever you two are going on about.   I was merely pointing out that it's easy to sit back and shoot everything down without ever proving anything yourself.   Irk Maybe he doesn't want to take the long road of explaining something for you to just post a fat jeremy piven meme and basically wasting his time.

I believe you live in a bizarro world.

Where no one shot down anything but merely asking the original poster to provide some proof else he was pulling it out of his anus.  And he may very well be right.  I've yet to see someone say they disagreed.  Probably because they have no idea where the idea is coming from.  What studies.  What "proof".

If he doesn't want to prove it he certainly does not have to...but he equally cannot simply say "its true...disprove it" without showing where he gets it from.

The same would hold true for someone who, oh I don't know, say blames progressives for everything they disagree with.  Then when asked for their definition of progressives, or libertarian or well, anything says they will "get around to it".  And then when they do no "get around to it" they sa they were just seeing how long people would ask for them to do what they said they would do and they didn't really mean they would do it.

If something like THAT ever happened I'm sure you'd be all over them.   Mellow
(03-07-2016, 06:47 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Actually he doesn't need to prove anything.   You need to prove him wrong.

I gave SN a lesson on the scientific method, now I'll give you a lesson in basic logic. 

You're a child molester. 

According to your logic I don't need to prove my claim.  On the contrary, you need to prove my claim wrong. 
(03-07-2016, 08:34 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I gave SN a lesson on the scientific method, now I'll give you a lesson in basic logic. 

You're a child molester. 

According to your logic I don't need to prove my claim.  On the contrary, you need to prove my claim wrong. 

Exactly. Now allow me to refute. I have never been accused of any improper contact with a minor.
(03-07-2016, 09:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Exactly.   Now allow me to refute.   I have never been accused of any improper contact with a minor.

Ahhh so you're just one of those child molesters who gets away with it, eh?  I'm calling Chris Hansen!
(03-07-2016, 09:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Exactly.   Now allow me to refute.   I have never been accused of any improper contact with a minor.

You didn't prove my claim wrong. You just denied my claim was the truth. There is a difference. My claim stands until you provide evidence it isn't true, at least by your logic. 
(03-07-2016, 04:29 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The more I think about it, the more I don't like "Privilege" to define something I should expect and in no way feel guilty about.  If a black person is denied the chance to buy a house in a neighborhood, and I do buy that house, that's discrimination against the black person.  That's not a privilege for me.  If a black man can't drive without being pulled over, and I can, that's not a privilege I should be looking to give up.  Again that's discrimination against the black man.  

This discussion has been going on forever, but I guess someone wanted to write a book, and had to coin a phrase to make it seem new.

I feel that you make a good point, about it not being a privilege for white people to expect to be judged according to their merits.  It is unfair for the Black community to call it White Privilege, because Whites get loans easier, are not profiled by law enforcement, not feared by store owners, etc.  If the Black community has a problem with the stigma associated with their ethnicity, then perhaps they should work to reduce the number of fatherless children that end up being raised by the street culture, they should embrace the ideals of society and work to become fully functioning members?  The White people did not force a disproportionate percentage of their people to decide that "working the system" was a good way to live, or that a life of crime was an acceptable livelihood.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(03-07-2016, 11:33 AM)fredtoast Wrote: How about we don't until there is something to support your possible fact pattern other than your own biased imagination.  There have been plenty of studies that show minorities are treated differently by store security.  There have been empirical studies of stop-rates and proven false arrest claims that prove this.

(03-07-2016, 11:38 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Do you have data to support your numbers?  Do you have a study with data to support your theory?

(03-07-2016, 01:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: If you make a claim you need to back it up with your own facts and research.

Hey Fred,

Dino and Alphabets are so obsessed with StLucie, they must have overlooked you not posting a link.
Please provide the numbers for these two.