Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is to be said of our franchise?
(03-09-2017, 08:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, can we count the various waves of players losing faith in being here?  Off the top of my head...

WAVE 1:  The 90s where players like Boomer wanted out
WAVE 2:  Early 2000s Dillion and others 
WAVE 3:  Marvin Lewis claims he won't sign an extension unless demands are met, caves in.  Palmer demands a trade
WAVE 4:  the latest goings on?  To be continued?

Waiting for the fans to be a no-show.....
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 06:22 PM)J24 Wrote: The offensive line will kill us. I think we can get decent play from fisher at RT and good Play from Boiling at guard but now were looking at pure crap at LT, bad play at C, and unknown at RG. Were screwed.

If they don't get something done TODAY, it certainly looks this way.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 11:47 AM)Wyche Wrote: If they don't get something done TODAY, it certainly looks this way.

We could replace the entire O-line with turnstiles and have the same results, but the only difference is that we would end up saving a lot of money.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 11:55 AM)Interceptor Wrote: We could replace the entire O-line with turnstiles and have the same results, but the only difference is that we would end up saving a lot of money.

I agree, and if they can find some vintage ones that have been sitting out in a boneyard somewhere getting good and rusty, they may even be able to impede the pass rushers to the QB. Ninja I'd actually like to see them get just as close to the salary floor as possible and see what happens. SB hopes are futile at this point, lets shoot for experiments.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:55 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: It says we refuse to think outside of our "value calculation" box on how a player might actually impact the team.  Basically, the performance on the field isn't dictating the finances, but the finances are strictly being made "by the book."

Unfortunately, in today's NFL where the bad teams are generally ones with cap room and bad at drafting, almost all of your exposed talent will get plucked.

This isn't new, the Bengals have operated like this for years.  However, it's evident because we've whiffed on draft picks to replace these guys.

"By the book" when the book was written by the moron Mikey Brown.

Reply/Quote
Don't worry guys. Day two signing!!! Got Winston locked down. Was worried someone was going to swoop in and get him!
Reply/Quote
While others may disagree, I feel like us Bengals fans deserve a lot of credit. We've had our hearts absolutely broken by the 49ers twice and have dealt with Mike Brown for what seems like an eternity. We are what great fans are made of. We disagree and bicker, we get pissed at the team and voice displeasure, but we stand by them when the season starts. Year after year, we come back and show our support even though we're not disillusioned to how it all will end. We take the jokes from division rivals fans, we hear their players talk shit, and watch them literally kick our players asses on the field, but we still cheer. We still chant Who Dey! and wipe our backsides with terrible towels even after getting swept by the Steelers (again). Though we've never tasted the sweet, sweet taste of hoisting a Lombardi, we continue to defend our team and support no names and cast offs in hopes they'll somehow find the glory days they've never had. We continue through all of this in hopes that one day we'll finally get to revel in victory like the lovable loser Cubs fans. Just to have that thrill 1 time would ease the pain of a lifetime of cheering on the Bengals.

Either that or we've all succumb to Stockholm Syndrome in the abusive relationship that is being a Bengals fan. Take your pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 04:02 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: While others may disagree, I feel like us Bengals fans deserve a lot of credit. We've had our hearts absolutely broken by the 49ers twice and have dealt with Mike Brown for what seems like an eternity. We are what great fans are made of. We disagree and bicker, we get pissed at the team and voice displeasure, but we stand by them when the season starts. Year after year, we come back and show our support even though we're not disillusioned to how it all will end. We take the jokes from division rivals fans, we hear their players talk shit, and watch them literally kick our players asses on the field, but we still cheer. We still chant Who Dey! and wipe our backsides with terrible towels even after getting swept by the Steelers (again). Though we've never tasted the sweet, sweet taste of hoisting a Lombardi, we continue to defend our team and support no names and cast offs in hopes they'll somehow find the glory days they've never had. We continue through all of this in hopes that one day we'll finally get to revel in victory like the lovable loser Cubs fans. Just to have that thrill 1 time would ease the pain of a lifetime of cheering on the Bengals.

Either that or we've all succumb to Stockholm Syndrome in the abusive relationship that is being a Bengals fan. Take your pick.

Hell, I'd just love to have the chance at another heartbreak at this point.  Man, we had 'em beat in '88......and that team was a DYNASTY.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 04:06 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hell, I'd just love to have the chance at another heartbreak at this point.  Man, we had 'em beat in '88......and that team was a DYNASTY.

And we 'em let off the hook!

Cool
Reply/Quote
There is only one way I'd ever root for another pro team. And at this point, I want it to happen.

Well the team, let the new owner move the franchise. I'll follow. That's the only way I'd root for another team, and I'm starting to want that to really happen. Sucks because I love the natty, but the brown family hasn't the slightest clue how to run a program franchise
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: Comp picks to the rescue !!!!!!!!!! 

Yay comp picks!! Even though , in Marvin's entire career here, he's never hit on a comp pick, EVER
Reply/Quote