Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What other FA WR could we get?
Sounds like NY and Golladay are closing in on a deal. What other WR could we get? We need a #3 preferably some depth, and speed. Any ideas?
Reply/Quote
I don't know. Heading into free agency, I had hopes that they would ink Curtis Samuel to the 3 year deal that WFT gave him. Samuel is dynamic, can line up from anywhere on the field and make a home run play. However, since the only WR that they have been linked to is another tall, big bodied man, I really have no clue.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I would be fine with any of Watkins, Tate or Hilton in FA. They would all be much cheaper than Golladay. Any of them could fill a role as the solid 3rd guy behind Higgins and Boyd, plus some depth. We will most likely draft one at some point as well.
Reply/Quote
Josh Reynolds- deep threat, experience in system, willing blocker, can play special teams, and should be cheap.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 09:29 PM)J24 Wrote: Josh Reynolds- deep threat, experience in system, willing blocker, can play special teams, and should be  cheap.

I think Josh or any of the guys Bengaloo mentioned would be serviceable. We could also draft someone in rd 2 like Bateman or Marshall if Bateman is gone. Or even someone in rd 3. 

Higgins will take a step forward this year in SO year, and Boyd is steady as they come. 
Reply/Quote
I like Reynolds or Watkins. Reynolds seems destined to be a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 09:37 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: I think Josh or any of the guys Bengaloo mentioned would be serviceable. We could also draft someone in rd 2 like Bateman or Marshall if Bateman is gone. Or even someone in rd 3. 

Higgins will take a step forward this year in SO year, and Boyd is steady as they come. 

Whoever we sign will just be a stopgap for a future draft pick.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Would still like to get golladay. Conley, Reynolds or Tate would be ok.

Do not understand the Watkins love. He was awesome coming out of college but that dude always seems to be missing time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 09:29 PM)J24 Wrote: Josh Reynolds- deep threat, experience in system, willing blocker, can play special teams, and should be  cheap.

Reynolds has one 40 yard catch in 4 years in the league.  He's no deep threat.
Reply/Quote
I don’t get the Reynolds appeal. We already have an average player with experience in Zac’s system - Mike Thomas. I think we just need a band aid while we figure out a long term solution so give me TY Hilton for a year on a cheap deal.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 07:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know.  Heading into free agency, I had hopes that they would ink Curtis Samuel to the 3 year deal that WFT gave him.  Samuel is dynamic, can line up from anywhere on the field and make a home run play. 

Fwiw, he was my first choice too.

Real nice fit both in skill, and price.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 09:59 PM)samhain Wrote: I like Reynolds or Watkins.  Reynolds seems destined to be a Bengal.

He's got the Zac Taylor connection.

Worked pretty good for Anarumo, Callahan, Thomas, and Allen so far.
Reply/Quote
Antonio Brown is still available.

Ninja

TY Hilton is out there, too, and he was my pre-FA choice for #3 WR. He's older now, but he had 4.34 speed, so he could afford to lose a step.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 11:58 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: He's got the Zac Taylor connection.

Worked pretty good for Anarumo, Callahan, Thomas, and Allen so far.

Reynolds would be a good add, at this point.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
My list of available guys:

TY Hilton
Sammy Watkins
Josh Reynolds
Alshon Jeffrey --> Maybe, I really liked him but he has issues staying healthy and is similar to the guys we already have is my biggest issue with him.
Golden Tate
Chris Conley
Pharoah Cooper
Tavon Austin --> I missed him I wonder if Zac would have any interest in him. Did they work together with the Rams or was he already gone?
Reply/Quote
Well nvm on Austin I could have sworn he had a couple of good years in St Louis. How do you only catch 15 balls in 9 starts?
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 12:11 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Well nvm on Austin I could have sworn he had a couple of good years in St Louis. How do you only catch 15 balls in 9 starts?

Because he sucks ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 12:30 AM)pulses Wrote: Because he sucks ThumbsUp

But he has (had) 4.3 speed! lol

I knew I hadn't heard much of him the past few seasons but my good he was a bust and now he seems to be a bum.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 12:37 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: But he has (had) 4.3 speed! lol

I knew I hadn't heard much of him the past few seasons but my good he was a bust and now he seems to be a bum.

All wrapped into 1 and HAS and HAD are 2 different things Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 12:39 AM)pulses Wrote: All wrapped into 1 and HAS and HAD are 2 different things Sarcasm

I wonder how much speed DeSean Jackson has left? He's been a bum for a while too so I'm assuming not much.
Reply/Quote