Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What player was your biggest disappointment this year.
Preston Brown- we spent 5 million on a backup LB
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 02:07 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Preston Brown- we spent 5 million on a backup LB

Oh hell.  How could I have forgotten about Brown.

My list is getting longer and longer.
Reply/Quote
Lot of disappointments.

1. Price - I know he has limited experience at center and had to work through injuries, but I was very disappointed in his performance
  2. Burfict - For way too many reasons: suspension, continued injuries, apparently out of shape, very poor play and continued questionable behavior.   I'm still hoping that somehow he gets healthy and returns to his former performance levels.
  3. Ross - And I'm not sure exactly why he has struggled.  I'd like to think it was bad coaching - possibly over coaching.   But I have the nagging sense that he's just not smart enough and competitive enough to excel in the NFL.
  4. Billings - If he gets to the right gap and stays on his feet he can be good.   But he seems unable to do that consistently and does not seem able to shed.   I had dreams about this guy's potential.
  5. Vigil - I think his injuries had a lot to do with this, but he never showed he could really cover the RBs and TEs across the middle and he continues to be unable to stack and shed
  6. Glenn & Prescott - Did not play as advertised.   So the big pre-season trifecta of Price/ Glenn and Prescott that looked so promising just did not pan out...   at all.
  7. Lazor - I thought the offense had been largely hamstrung by Alexander, Lewis and Zampese.    I thought Lazor had the smarts to utilize the talent we had at the skill level.    Granted the O-line stunk, but he did not live up to my expectations.
  8. Pollack - Just the fact that he refused to even give Westerman snaps at right guard undermined my confidence in him.

Longer long list than I anticipated.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Easier to list the players who did not disappoint.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
It's John Ross for me and its not even close.

Former first round pick who barely had any production in his second year...even when AJ Green and Boyd went down.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
My God...looking through this thread is depressing. 3/4 of the team were disappointments...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 03:06 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's John Ross for me and its not even close.

Former first round pick who barely had any production in his second year...even when AJ Green and Boyd went down.

I will say that I don't know how much we can really count his first season as a season given that he played all of 17 snaps.

I'm interested to see what a new coaching staff can do with him. This one obviously had no clue. It's interesting to me that he scored 7 TD's, indicating he can get open in the red zone when things get tight and it's typically harder to create separation, but he only had 14 catches otherwise.

No question his hands need to get significantly better. He had way too many drops.
Reply/Quote
My biggest disappointment is Vontaze Burfict.

He went from "Game Changer" to just a shell of a player that must be forced to retire before it kills him. I fear if he gets another concussion, he will be dead in 10 years.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 02:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Oh hell.  How could I have forgotten about Brown.

My list is getting longer and longer.

Eh....he was hurt the first game of the season.....I guess that's disappointing, but he's not a "backup" like the post you quoted says.

For me, it's 1A Vontaze Burfict, and 1B John Ross.  Ross at least had some TDs, Burfict was just all around pitiful.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Taz.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Ross,Price,(should have picked Ragnow instead),Willis,and the entire defensive line,as a unit,I expected to be much more dominant.I personally attribute much of this underachievement to poor coaching,especially the defense.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 03:47 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Price,(should have picked Ragnow instead),

Ragnow was drafted before we had a selection.
Reply/Quote
Malik "The Freak" Jefferson, but that was on me for putting too much faith in a 3rd RD rookie to be a playmaker at LB.

Tyler Eifert: Annual injury

Dennard; Thought he would take Dre's job.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
For me, it's got to be Cedric Ogbuehi. What a heartbreaking story with that guy. Coming into this season, I just knew in my heart that he was going to turn it all around, and prove himself.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Can’t believe we are this far into this thread and no selection of Hart, Dre K or Core?

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 04:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: For me, it's got to be Cedric Ogbuehi.  What a heartbreaking story with that guy.  Coming into this season, I just knew in my heart that he was going to turn it all around, and prove himself.

[Image: Cant-tell-if-11ftr1.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 04:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Can’t believe we are this far into this thread and no selection of Hart, Dre K or Core?

To be fair, I expected all three of them to flop. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 04:37 PM)Wyche Wrote: To be fair, I expected all three of them to flop. Mellow

Yeah, it became blatantly obvious, when a wide open Cody Core had a ball bounce right off of his chest plate, on a 3rd and medium play, that his chances of becoming anything were pretty slim..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 04:37 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: To be fair, I expected all three of them to flop. Mellow

Yeah, I guess your right. Not really a disappointment when they live up to expectation.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 04:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, it became blatantly obvious, when a wide open Cody Core had a ball bounce right off of his chest plate, on a 3rd and medium play, that his chances of becoming anything were pretty slim..

Yes sir.  Although, I gotta admit, he did improve a bit down the stretch, but he's still nothing more than a ST player.

(01-02-2019, 04:41 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yeah, I guess your right. Not really a disappointment when they live up to expectation.

Bingo, my good man.  I was disappointed with 6-10, but I would have been ok with 8-8 or 9-7, because that's what I expected.

Reply/Quote