Poll: What's been more exhausting?
Chase vs Sewell debate
Hoopla around the jerseys
Others (please specify in comments)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's been more exhausting?
As the title says, what's been more exhausting?
- Chase vs Sewell debate
- Hoopla (build-up) around the jerseys
- Other (please explain in comments) e.g. free agency approach, coaching hires, FO engagement
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Chase vs. Sewell debate for me no question.

It's gotten to the point where I'm looking forward to draft more because I want the debate to stop than I want to see our picks.

I've never seen a topic take over the board quite like this one. I understand it's a slow time of year with little to talk about but surely there's other things to discuss. It's been the same topic for weeks now, with the same people and the same argument. And it just goes on and on, and on...

Look, I'm not going to knock people for having opinions. But my own is that enitely way too much focus is being placed on a singular pick. The entire draft matters, and I think we can go a number of different ways with the 1st pick and still have a successful draft.

I can't wait to see the Sewell and Chase threads slowly start sliding down the page, until they're long forgotten, and we can actually start to talk about something else.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 04:01 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Chase vs. Sewell debate for me no question.

It's gotten to the point where I'm looking forward to draft more because I want the debate to stop than I want to see our picks.

I've never seen a topic take over the board quite like this one.  I understand it's a slow time of year with little to talk about but surely there's other things to discuss.  It's been the same topic for weeks now, with the same people and the same argument.  And it just goes on and on, and on...

Look, I'm not going to knock people for having opinions.  But my own is that enitely way too much focus is being placed on a singular pick.  The entire draft matters, and I think we can go a number of different ways with the 1st pick and still have a successful draft.

I can't wait to see the Sewell and Chase threads slowly start sliding down the page, until they're long forgotten, and we can actually start to talk about something else.

It's definitely been crazy.

I should have renamed the jersey thing to "Bengals buildup of the jersey reveal" though.
It seemed like almost every day or two they were posting something about the jerseys or #NewStripes.
Like dude, we get it, you're getting new jerseys.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Fans acting like drafting anybody other than Penei Sewell at #5 means instant death for Joe Burrow.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 04:01 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Chase vs. Sewell debate for me no question.

I've never seen a topic take over the board quite like this one. I understand it's a slow time of year with little to talk about but surely there's other things to discuss. It's been the same topic for weeks now, with the same people and the same argument. And it just goes on and on, and on...

Look, I'm not going to knock people for having opinions. But my own is that enitely way too much focus is being placed on a singular pick. The entire draft matters, and I think we can go a number of different ways with the 1st pick and still have a successful draft.

Indeed. The debate won’t end after the first pick is announced though. The side whose player didn’t get picked will howl. If we trade back, draft Pitts, or draft someone else both sides will howl.

I’ll admit I’ll howl if we end up with someone else at 5. Otherwise I’ll be ok with whatever we do. We have several areas that need addressed and after all 7 rounds are done then we can assess how we think they did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Not even close; Chase vs Sewell. It's not a debate, it's become a religious feud. It's a Sunni vs Shia situation in which each side believes their approach is the right one and each have their own scripture of stats supporting their cases. It has been a trip!

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
Regardless of which one we pick, its going to be an sizable, instant upgrade at a position of need and I'll be happy with either. I wish people could understand that it's acceptable to be happy with either.
Reply/Quote
Is Zac Taylor and Lou still being employed here an option?

Cause the great debate is certainly exhausting, it doesn't matter who we pick or sign with the same coaches.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 04:01 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Chase vs. Sewell debate for me no question.

I feel ya. I've had my fair share of posts on the topic, but I also find myself skipping days on here just from being burnt out on the topic.

That said, I do think it's a very important pick that sets a big time tone for what's important to this team going forward. Yes, of course we can have a good draft either way (except if we take Pitts - that guy sucks), but there is a big drop off between Sewell and someone like Leatherwood.

Just as there is a big dropoff from Chase to someone like Marshall. And there's zero guarantee a great prospect will fall in our laps at 38. So it's very tiring...but I get it.

Btw, anyone who can't remember when the boards were this divided must not remember the early Dalton years. Or the Richard Simmons sig days. Heck, we argued pretty badly over John Ross. Gio vs Hill. Gio vs Mixon. Letting Whit go was a huge debate. Signing Leon or JJo.

We some arguing mofos in here.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 04:23 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Is Zac Taylor and Lou still being employed here an option?

Cause the great debate is certainly exhausting, it doesn't matter who we pick or sign with the same coaches.

thats my vote.... Cause cant express how disappointing that was.
Reply/Quote
Chase vs Sewell...I essentially stoped coming to the football side because I was so over it.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 04:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I feel ya. I've had my fair share of posts on the topic, but I also find myself skipping days on here just from being burnt out on the topic.

That said, I do think it's a very important pick that sets a big time tone for what's important to this team going forward. Yes, of course we can have a good draft either way (except if we take Pitts - that guy sucks), but there is a big drop off between Sewell and someone like Leatherwood.

Just as there is a big dropoff from Chase to someone like Marshall. And there's zero guarantee a great prospect will fall in our laps at 38. So it's very tiring...but I get it.

Btw, anyone who can't remember when the boards were this divided must not remember the early Dalton years. Or the Richard Simmons sig days. Heck, we argued pretty badly over John Ross. Gio vs Hill. Gio vs Mixon. Letting Whit go was a huge debate. Signing Leon or JJo.

Oh that Richard Simmons sig...

It's weird how much I don't miss it.... yet miss seeing it lol.

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 04:23 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Is Zac Taylor and Lou still being employed here an option?

Are you referring to debate on whether to keep the coaches or not?
I do remember that being a pretty big topic back in December and into early January, but I think it died down once we heard the org state they were moving forward with Taylor and Anarumo.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 04:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I feel ya. I've had my fair share of posts on the topic, but I also find myself skipping days on here just from being burnt out on the topic.

You can’t be more wrong with the last comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 04:01 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Chase vs. Sewell debate for me no question.

HAHAHAHA, that's so cute Wes. You think that the Chase vs Sewell debate is just going to go away after the draft. You're clearly forgetting that they will then do their camps (who looks better?), preseason (who performs better?), and regular season, etc, etc.

The only way it's totally going to go away is if the Bengals pick does amazingly, the non-Bengals pick does terribly, Burrow stays healthy, and the Bengals have success as a team. Otherwise there's going to be some serious second guessing and what-if-ing.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 04:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: (except if we take Pitts - that guy sucks)

[Image: eVLrZRm-bSUnAVNqQy4SkDMuHEtru3X-IbWrcTcx...qvcmrPXdGA]

LOL
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 04:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Are you referring to debate on whether to keep the coaches or not?
I do remember that being a pretty big topic back in December and into early January, but I think it died down once we heard the org state they were moving forward with Taylor and Anarumo.

The debate a little but more so the choice to keep them both.

I could probably deal with Taylor if Lou was gone and an experienced DC was hired.

Just feels like no matter who we draft, it is still going to be a down year due to coaching.

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 04:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: (except if we take Pitts - that guy sucks),

Little kid talking about Mortal Combat = People talking Sewell/Chase
Billy Madison trying to bring Donkey Kong into the dsucussion = Me bringing up Pitts

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 04:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: HAHAHAHA, that's so cute Wes. You think that the Chase vs Sewell debate is just going to go away after the draft. You're clearly forgetting that they will then do their camps (who looks better?), preseason (who performs better?), and regular season, etc, etc.

The only way it's totally going to go away is if the Bengals pick does amazingly, the non-Bengals pick does terribly, Burrow stays healthy, and the Bengals have success as a team. Otherwise there's going to be some serious second guessing and what-if-ing.

You know the boards too well.

(04-22-2021, 04:50 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: [Image: eVLrZRm-bSUnAVNqQy4SkDMuHEtru3X-IbWrcTcx...qvcmrPXdGA]

LOL

(04-22-2021, 04:58 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Little kid talking about Mortal Combat = People talking Sewell/Chase
Billy Madison trying to bring Doonkey into the dsucussion = Me bringing up Pitts

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 04:58 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Little kid talking about Mortal Kombat = People talking Sewell/Chase
Billy Madison trying to bring Donkey Kong into the dsucussion = Me bringing up Pitts

Fixed it for you

Spelling it with a C is like calling AJ Green AC green
Reply/Quote