Poll: Next position to be addressed in free agency?
LG
C
RT
CB
TE
Other
We're done
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's next?
Now that we have a professional RG, what's your prediction for the next positional shoe to fall?
Reply/Quote
Gonna say RT. I think we could make do with Hopkins at C but I'm confident our 2022 RT is not on the roster. Yet.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully RT/C. CB wouldn't upset me either. I really like Davis from TB.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:14 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Now that we have a professional RG, what's your prediction for the next positional shoe to fall?

Probly be cornerback

but i voted for RT as we dont have one...   (unless thats fred johnson lol)
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:17 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Gonna say RT.  I think we could make do with Hopkins at C but I'm confident our 2022 RT is not on the roster.  Yet.

For sure RT. Like you said Hop isn't terrible especially in pass protection and is over his injury, he played well with crappy play 
on both sides of him in the Playoffs and in the Superbowl. Prince or a rookie are not the answer at RT.
Reply/Quote
I voted RT, but I'm also good if we see Jackson at CB get a huge contract from the team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:25 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I voted RT, but I'm also good if we see Jackson at CB get a huge contract from the team.

Man, JC sure would be spendy but have to get a RT. I guess we might be able to pull it off if we brought in Moses who would 
probably be the cheapest RT we could get cause of his age and not starting last year until an injury happened. Solid vet depth
is what Moses would provide and that is all we really need.
Reply/Quote
JC Is over rated and wants way to much $, he is the next Waynes. He will get paid and then disappear. He only has interceptions because he is targeted ALOT, because he misses coverages and gets burned. Alot of his Interceptions have been under thrown balls, or double teamed highly contested 3rd and long. Hes good, But hes not top money in the league good. IF he was as good as he thinks, BB wouldnt let him get away
Reply/Quote
I went with Center, because you should always build a line from the inside outward.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If the Falcons release Kendall Sheffield ($2M or so in savings), I’d like him. Seems like the type of guy Lou can work some magic with, at least for depth.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:51 PM)BuildTheWall Wrote: If the Falcons release Kendall Sheffield ($2M or so in savings), I’d like him. Seems like the type of guy Lou can work some magic with, at least for depth.

Nice thoughts by you today BTW. Out of the box types in a McGlinchey trade and Sheffield. I like.
Reply/Quote
Went with CB. I think they'll trade #s with the Centers & RTs out there, but don't think they'll get the value they want until the 1st wave goes through. And as others of mentioned, I think Darryl Williams & the tackle just released by GB seem like good fits. Probably aren't as far along with evaluating those guys.
Reply/Quote
Either RT or Center would be fine with me. My guess would be RT and draft a Center.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:56 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Went with CB. I think they'll trade #s with the Centers & RTs out there, but don't think they'll get the value they want until the 1st wave goes through. And as others of mentioned, I think Darryl Williams & the tackle just released by GB seem like good fits. Probably aren't as far along with evaluating those guys.

What Tackle did GB release?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What Tackle did GB release?

Billy Turner
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:01 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Billy Turner

Ahhh, how did Billy grade out last year? I liked Billy in his draft and was wanting us to draft him.
Reply/Quote
BPA for the offensive line; Armstead, Bozeman…
Reply/Quote
Well, add DT to the list of "what is needed next."
Reply/Quote
Get it on it and trade for La’el Collins. Let’s fix RT with talent (albeit with issues) for a reasonable price.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:23 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Well, add DT to the list of "what is needed next."

I would be glad to edit the poll if someone will tell me how.  Mellow

Till then "other" will have to suffice.
Reply/Quote