Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the hell happened to Billy?

I had such high hopes for him, but he seems to regress a little more each time he takes the field. 
Reply/Quote
Yeah...he puts up some of the lowest grades I've ever seen.

Honestly...I think it's time to cut bait on him after this year.

He's actually a worse Guard than Center.
Reply/Quote
I would try him at center again but here is looking like a bust.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 03:28 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I would try him at center again but here is looking like a bust.

Hopkins is a quality starting Center. He's a priority to retain.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 03:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...he puts up some of the lowest grades I've ever seen.

Honestly...I think it's time to cut bait on him after this year.

He's actually a worse Guard than Center.

I'm not ready to give up on him just yet, but damn, he has to start showing some kind of consistent improvement soon. If not, it will become a wasted 1st round pick...one that I was stoked about at the time.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 03:25 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

I had such high hopes for him, but he seems to regress a little more each time he takes the field. 

We need the old billy Baroo back

Oh Billy Bily Billy ......
Reply/Quote

What's happened to him? NFL players are finding ways to exploit his limitations, which we knew he had when he was drafted. And he hasn't been able to or never will be able to overcome (some of) them.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Obligatory "**** you, Detroit" post.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 03:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hopkins is a quality starting Center. He's a priority to retain.

He is a quality center but he gets no push-up to line scrimmage.  I would just try Billy at center to see if he still has it he wasn't all that great of center either but he wasn't this bad.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
A 1.6 pass blocking grade? Good lord, can't you just stand in front of someone and score better than that? That's like posting a single digit on the ACT test.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 03:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'm not ready to give up on him just yet, but damn, he has to start showing some kind of consistent improvement soon. If not, it will become a wasted 1st round pick...one that I was stoked about at the time.

Well...on the bright side, MJ has been worse so they'll keep trotting Price out there. But, he needs replaced.

Interesting, Jerry has been decent at Tackle. IF Glenn comes back, play Glenn at LT and Jerry at Guard.
Reply/Quote
I really wonder which is more the case... are we picking extremely poorly or our line coaches have been that bad.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 03:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What's happened to him? NFL players are finding ways to exploit his limitations, which we knew he had when he was drafted. And he hasn't been able to or never will be able to overcome (some of) them.

Good point about the limitations, but a guy like Hopkins has limitations as well. The difference is that Hopkins has worked / found ways to deal with them and turn himself into a decent player at this level. Unfortunately, at least to this point, Price has not. 
Reply/Quote

Turner??

Reply/Quote
Can he play fullback

Reply/Quote
Maybe it’s time to stop drafting Buckeyes.

Price was a shitty pick in a long, long line of them.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 03:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Good point about the limitations, but a guy like Hopkins has limitations as well. The difference is that Hopkins has worked / found ways to overcome those and turn himself into a decent player at this level. Unfortunately, at least to this point, Price has not. 

True, but Hopkins is in his 6th year as a pro. Price is in his 2nd.
It makes sense to keep Price as a backup through his 4th year and hope he blossoms into something by then, but he's not worthy of starting right now. Unfortunately, the Bengals don't have a better option at OG, as Michael Jordan is just as bad (or worse).
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Cedric Ogbuehi - Round 1
Jake Fisher - Round 2
Billy Price - Round 1

Yeesh. Not a good string of luck with offensive linemen at the top of the board in recent drafts. And the jury's still out on Jonah Williams.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 03:44 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Maybe it’s time to stop drafting Buckeyes.

Price was a shitty pick in a long, long line of them.

They have produced some good WRs, RBs, and defensive players in recent drafts.
OL, QB, and TE have been terrible when it comes to NFL.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote