Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the hell happened to Billy?
(10-29-2019, 11:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals’ pass block win rate of 39 percent is the worst since it started being tracked in 2017 (ESPN metric powered by NFL Next Gen Stats).

Bengals fans will say it's a BS stat.  Just like Reds fans do about WAR, just like Bengals fans do about QBR, just like Bengals fans do about PFF grades. 

The weird thing about these stats,  minus the odd 1/200 outlier, they are 99% accurate representations of the best players/performances in their respective leagues 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 12:14 AM)mt415tress Wrote: Bengals fans will say it's a BS stat.  Just like Reds fans do about WAR, just like Bengals fans do about QBR, just like Bengals fans do about PFF grades. 

The weird thing about these stats,  minus the odd 1/200 outlier, they are 99% accurate representations of the best players/performances in their respective leagues 

Indeed. What you'll see is people will be like Wow, PFF grades are accurate...until there are 1 or 2 players they like graded poorly...then ALL the PFF stats make no sense. It's kind of funny.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 11:30 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: We keep taking Ohio state players because we only have 2 scouts and I am guessing a very low travel budget so it is close and not require a hotel room.   Yes I know we have like 2 more people in the scouting department. Just being sarcastic.  

Thank goodness we also use Facebook and Twitter to scout also. It is working out well.

Can we bench Tobin also?  I know Mikey is untouchable. So next best thing.

I'm not defending the team's scouting practices but the past few high O-Line picks have been from both coasts.  So I'd say your assessment in this case is false.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 04:39 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: How’s Ragnow been with Detroit? I was mad when they drafted him ahead of our pick and it seemed a lot of so called “experts” didn’t think Billy would be a good nfl player and so far they’re right. This teams inept ability to scout OLine talent the last 4/5 years is concerning.

Ragnow has been fantastic.
One of the big things that sold me on Ragnow was the fact he was the highest rated C in PFF grading era multiple years in college. He probably would have won the Remington his last year over Price if he had not been injured. Sometimes, you have to go off proven production over potential.
Shame that the Bengals weren't aggressive enough and/or didn't bother analyzing other team needs to allow DET to take Ragnow before they could.

Also, Nate will be happy to know the #1 C in the NFL right now according to PFF is Chase Roullier. He and I were touting him a lot in the 2017 draft.

For those getting on Ohio St OL...Yes, their OL haven't been doing well in the NFL. But their scheme doesn't translate well to the NFL and it's easier to dominate college players than NFL-caliber players.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote