Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
What will impact be with voters if Trump is forced to take a mug shot?
It appears former President Trump one of the most recognized people in the world will be forced to take a mug shot.
I know Democrats will cheer and Republicans will boo.

Is it a good thing for our country?
How will the independents view this staged event by a Democratic city?

Trump has turned the narrative into the majority of citizens already think he is being politically prosecuted. Will this embolden Trump and make him a martyr?

Or will this be harmful to his campaign? Will his approval ratings go up? Down? or stay the same?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Who knows how it's going to end up.
If none of those indictments stick..... Then it's very likely his approval ratings will go thru the stratosphere.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 11:20 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It appears former President Trump one of the most recognized people in the world will be forced to take a mug shot.
I know Democrats will cheer and Republicans will boo.

Is it a good thing for our country?
How will the independents view this staged event by a Democratic city?

Trump has turned the narrative into the majority of citizens already think he is being politically prosecuted. Will this embolden Trump and make him a martyr?

Or will this be harmful to his campaign? Will his approval ratings go up? Down? or stay the same?

I think it will stay exactly the same. 

Most independents will get why a president pressuring state secretaries to find him votes or approving of fake elector schemes gets indicted over this. It is not a misconduct to you probably, but most people will see the rationale.

And those who don't would also vote for Trump if he shot someone anyway.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 12:50 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Who knows how it's going to end up.
If none of those indictments stick..... Then it's very likely his approval ratings will go thru the stratosphere.

Even if they do, people still will assume it's political attacks, which most people see. Although I doubt it will send his ratings through the stratosphere. I think he's benefitted as much as he's going to from these attacks. But is the Dems game plan one that's going to backfire? I think yes. If Trump is convicted for Jan 6 and can't run for POTUS, that will eliminate the divide in the GOP and you can bet one of the candidates on stage last night will be your next POTUS. The only way GOP doesn't win the office is if Trump is able to run. So keep going at him hard. Then once a GOP candidate gets elected, there's going to be a pardon and he may be able to run again.

I see nothing positive for the Dems going forward with their attacks on Trump.

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 01:05 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: If Trump is convicted for Jan 6 and can't run for POTUS, that will eliminate the divide in the GOP and you can bet one of the candidates on stage last night will be your next POTUS. The only way GOP doesn't win the office is if Trump is able to run. So keep going at him hard. Then once a GOP candidate gets elected, there's going to be a pardon and he may be able to run again.

Geez, there is an interesting aspect.  Someone like DeSantis beats Biden in 2024 and pardons Trump who then responds by telling the GOP to make him the 2028 candidate or he will run 3rd party and get a democrat elected in 2028.
Reply/Quote
Roughly what percentage of people who are arrested and charged with a crime need to take mug shots?
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 02:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Geez, there is an interesting aspect.  Someone like DeSantis beats Biden in 2024 and pardons Trump who then responds by telling the GOP to make him the 2028 candidate or he will run 3rd party and get a democrat elected in 2028.

Exactly. But I see it playing a tad differently. No elected POTUS will pardon Trump on his first term, only his second, which sets the stage in 2032. Trump may be too old to run by then.

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 02:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Exactly. But I see it playing a tad differently. No elected POTUS will pardon Trump on his first term, only his second, which sets the stage in 2032. Trump may be too old to run by then.

Any republican president who doesn't pardon Trump ASAP is going to be declared a deep state RINO who needs to peacefully be assassinated. 
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 02:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Any republican president who doesn't pardon Trump ASAP is going to be declared a deep state RINO who needs to peacefully be assassinated. 

Wont happen. Why would anyone in their right mind do that and then have to run against him? Trump doesn't see, can't see, and never will see that his running does nothing but hurt the GOP. He can't win an election. Maybe if he had Hailey or Scott as a running VP, then just maybe. Any other scenario (IMO).

Here's an "outside the box" thought. If we are forced to vote Biden/Trump again, an independent will see his best chance of winning in our lifetimes this next election. Probably still couldn't win due to the extreme left/right homers who vote one way regardless, but it's their best shot.

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 03:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Wont happen. Why would anyone in their right mind do that and then have to run against him? Trump doesn't see, can't see, and never will see that his running does nothing but hurt the GOP. He can't win an election. Maybe if he had Hailey or Scott as a running VP, then just maybe. Any other scenario (IMO).

Here's an "outside the box" thought. If we are forced to vote Biden/Trump again, an independent will see his best chance of winning in our lifetimes this next election. Probably still couldn't win due to the extreme left/right homers who vote one way regardless, but it's their best shot.

We are talking about two different topics here and I don't even think we disagree.  What I'm saying is that if DeSantis or Vivek wins in 2024 on a platform that includes saying that Biden is weaponizing the DOJ and unjustly had Trump incarcerated because he was awesome and THEN they say "I'm not going to pardon Trump until after I served 2 terms" that's not going to fly with the MAGA base.

If you let Trump out of his cage he's going to demand that he be placed right atop the GOP hierarchy, but you can't just NOT release him, either.  And there is no "waiting out" Trump.  If everyone drops out and lets Trump have 2024 and he doesn't win, they're just going to be in the same spot regarding 2028 as long as Trump lives to be 81.

The 3rd party dream died in 2016.  I had a dumbass hope that a libertarian ticket with two successful republican governors could pry enough votes away to establish themselves (not win, but get recognized as a viable 3rd party and get in debates and ballot access and so on), but even having Hillary Clinton on one ticket and a ticket where an apolitical celebrity rapist was balanced with a guy who is practically Amish wasn't enough for Americans to break from the D and R stuff.

It's Biden vs Trump in 2024 and then D vs Trump in 2028 if Trump doesn't win in 2024 and if he does, who the hell knows if we even have an election in 2028.

EDIT - I think calling Trump an apolitical celebrity rapist may inadvertantly indicate that he rapes apolitical celebrities
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 01:05 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Even if they do, people still will assume it's political attacks, which most people see. Although I doubt it will send his ratings through the stratosphere. I think he's benefitted as much as he's going to from these attacks. But is the Dems game plan one that's going to backfire? I think yes. If Trump is convicted for Jan 6 and can't run for POTUS, that will eliminate the divide in the GOP and you can bet one of the candidates on stage last night will be your next POTUS. The only way GOP doesn't win the office is if Trump is able to run. So keep going at him hard. Then once a GOP candidate gets elected, there's going to be a pardon and he may be able to run again.

I see nothing positive for the Dems going forward with their attacks on Trump.

His lawyers will drag it out until after the election.  This is easily achieved. Defense counsel can drag proceedings out forever and it's not hard to find legal pretense to do so.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 02:11 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Roughly what percentage of people who are arrested and charged with a crime need to take mug shots?

A photo is pretty standard if you are officially booked.  Fingerprinting is a given as you are identified via livescan. 
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 04:17 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: A photo is pretty standard if you are officially booked.  Fingerprinting is a given as you are identified via livescan. 

Then I would say Trump should probably get a mug shot as part of standard booking procedure. The last thing we should want is a two tiered justice system.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 04:18 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Then I would say Trump should probably get a mug shot as part of standard booking procedure. The last thing we should want is a two tiered justice system.

I know how conservatives feel about the treatment of criminals.

[Image: gd-lmNTEO5L4DX58.jpg]

Seriously though, after Thanksgiving dinner instead of watching football I swear my wife's conservative family sits around and talks about how crappy the world has become and that we need to stop treating criminals so well.  It's some sort of bizarre tradition.  Some of them have been incarcerated, so I guess they're upset they got off so easy?  Ida know.

Anyways, make sure you hit his head on the door of the police car.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 04:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I know how conservatives feel about the treatment of criminals.

[Image: gd-lmNTEO5L4DX58.jpg]

Seriously though, after Thanksgiving dinner instead of watching football I swear my wife's conservative family sits around and talks about how crappy the world has become and that we need to stop treating criminals so well.  It's some sort of bizarre tradition.  Some of them have been incarcerated, so I guess they're upset they got off so easy?  Ida know.

Anyways, make sure you hit his head on the door of the police car.

Dang it!  I thought I'd shared this one already and you beat me to it!

[Image: F4-TBQ3-VXw-AAWEc-S.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 04:18 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Then I would say Trump should probably get a mug shot as part of standard booking procedure. The last thing we should want is a two tiered justice system.

Celebrities get special treatment all the time.  Trust me on this.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 04:45 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Celebrities get special treatment all the time.  Trust me on this.

[Image: ezgif-7-a664482caf3a.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 04:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I swear my wife's conservative family sits around and talks about how crappy the world has become and that we need to stop treating criminals so well.  

I like her. Sounds like my kind of woman. Is she busy on Saturday night? (Normally I'd put a ninja here, but I'm not going to. Wait... I probably should)  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 04:45 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Celebrities get special treatment all the time.  Trust me on this.

I never would have imagined such a thing would be possible.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 03:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The 3rd party dream died in 2016.  I had a dumbass hope that a libertarian ticket with two successful republican governors could pry enough votes away to establish themselves (not win, but get recognized as a viable 3rd party and get in debates and ballot access and so on), but even having Hillary Clinton on one ticket and a ticket where an apolitical celebrity rapist was balanced with a guy who is practically Amish wasn't enough for Americans to break from the D and R stuff.

It hasn't died as a spoiler, though. 

If the Green party shaves enough off the Dems, then 

we get Trump and retribution.  

Best outcome for China and Russia. 

Worst for Us and Europe and most countries on the Pacific Rim.
Reply/Quote