Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
What will impact be with voters if Trump is forced to take a mug shot?
(08-24-2023, 11:17 PM)pally Wrote: why are you talking about Joe Biden.  This thread...that you started...is about Trump's mug shot and what effect it might have on the public.

I was discussing the lies you mentioned, first person that came to mind was Joe Biden.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 10:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump commands a booking station in a way Biden hasn't.

He's gotta stay awake long enough to find one first.

Anyways, words is words and alot of this is just that. Words taken out of context and overblown.

There's been plenty of riots caused by words straight from Liberal's mouths.

Can't count the number of times Democrat leaders called on BLM rioters to NOT LET UP, BRING UNREST TO THE STREETS and PUSH BACK and the ones that they will never admit to: Harm to his (Trump) Supporters, which also resulted in bloodshed, but Hey we only meant it to be peaceful...

Not sure how you can harm someone peacefully...
Reply/Quote
My roommate sophomore year of college (1988) had a photo of Reagan (framed) on his desk.  Dead red republican.  

He also showed up at my house the next summer in tears because the girl he worked his church's bingo with didn't want to go out with him or return his affections.  He was 20. She was 14.

Anyway...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lara Trump Says Trump’s Mug Shot is So Important Kids Will Hang it in Their Dorm Rooms <a href="https://t.co/LSBT3y0Sn2">https://t.co/LSBT3y0Sn2</a></p>&mdash; #TuckFrump (@realTuckFrumper) <a href="https://twitter.com/realTuckFrumper/status/1694926589430206912?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 25, 2023</a></blockquote> 

Edit: Weird the tweet didn't embed like they used to. Here's the link: https://www.politicalflare.com/2023/08/lara-trump-says-trumps-mug-shot-is-so-important-kids-will-hang-it-in-their-dorm-rooms/
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 09:35 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: He's gotta stay awake long enough to find one first.

Anyways, words is words and alot of this is just that. Words taken out of context and overblown.

There's been plenty of riots caused by words straight from Liberal's mouths.

Can't count the number of times Democrat leaders called on BLM rioters to NOT LET UP, BRING UNREST TO THE STREETS and PUSH BACK and the ones that they will never admit to: Harm to his (Trump) Supporters, which also resulted in bloodshed, but Hey we only meant it to be peaceful...

Not sure how you can harm someone peacefully...

Go be peaceful but if people I don't like get hurt or killed, so much the better.  I admit there is a lot of money to be made encouraging Americans to treat each other as enemies.  We are addicted to outrage and violence.  

People want to harm each other, they don't always need encouragement for it, but it helps and that's a big part of politics now. We got numb to having enemies across the ocean, we need a bigger hit of fear now so the enemy is next door. 

We are flat out junkies for outrage.  Nobody ever says I want to be a junkie when I grow up.  But we were conditioned to only see specific drugs as dangerous and life ruining addictions.  
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 11:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Trump just posted on "X" for first time since 2021.

He posted his mug shot
Under it

ELECTION INTERFERENCE
NEVER SURRENDER!
DONALDJTRUMP.COM

It is a simple message, if any citizen fights the government and the justice department, you are next!

I can see him making hundreds of millions of dollars with this mug shirt and slogan. The liberals will buy his merchandise as he is the only one permitted to produce marketing materials from this mugshot.

I'm mean he's grifting off that so no surprise.  

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66614172

Quote:In fact, in a matter of hours his official campaign was selling T-shirts featuring the image. "NEVER SURRENDER," they read. Mugs and stickers are also available.

Equally no surprise that the Kool-Aid drinkers love it.  The world isn't "fair" to them so Trump will save them as only he can.

But isn't a mug shot LITTERALLY after he turned himself in surrendering?  Smirk
Reply/Quote
As I've said before, in 2016 I was all "Meh, may as well see what Trump does as president" and now I'm discussing whether or not his 4th indictment and the marketing of his mugshot will make him more or less likely to win the 2024 election.  Trump has exceeded the standards of the most sky-falling liberal predictions I was brushing off as hyperbolic 7 years ago.

I clearly lean left, but I haven't voted left since 2008 and I only voted for Obama once because I was pissed the GOP didn't pick Ron Paul or Rudy Giuliani...my first 2 choices were republicans.  I didn't even vote for Biden in 2020, preferring to waste my vote on a crap libertarian rather than the 2016 vote for Gary Johnson that I whole-heartedly believed in.

So, let me say that Trump getting indicted and having a mug shot makes me lean away from him, not that I was ever leaning towards him outside of not voting D.  Am I an independent?  Well, I voted like one, but I guess I'm lamentably blue no matter who (though there are some democrats from 2022 victories that I'm quite fond of) for the time being.  Take that for what it's worth.

tl;dr - the GOP's obsession with Trump and only Trump has led me to no longer be able to vote 3rd party and delude myself into thinking the pressing issue is both side equally sucking
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 11:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Trump just posted on "X" for first time since 2021.

He posted his mug shot
Under it

ELECTION INTERFERENCE
NEVER SURRENDER!
DONALDJTRUMP.COM

It is a simple message, if any citizen fights the government and the justice department, you are next!

I can see him making hundreds of millions of dollars with this mug shirt and slogan. The liberals will buy his merchandise as he is the only one permitted to produce marketing materials from this mugshot.

That's funny because he actually surrendered.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 11:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I can see him making hundreds of millions of dollars with this mug shirt and slogan. 

[Image: 137523946_10151643668334990_164244785998...e=651035F6]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 09:24 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I was discussing the lies you mentioned, first person that came to mind was Joe Biden.

no you weren't you were trying for a "whataboutism"  However, what Joe Bide has or hasn't done is irrelevant to the topic of this thread.  YOU asked what the impact on voters if he was forced to to take a mug shot.  I provided information on that topic and you changed the subject.

People were commenting that he looked like a thug and laughing at the idea he told them he was 6ft 3in and 215lbs both obviously not true.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 10:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Funny you mention lies, liberal rag WAPO gives Joe Biden Pinnochios after any talk he had of more than 5 minutes, of course he only works abut 5 hours a week and it hidden away to protect himself from himself. 

So is it a liberal rag or a beacon of truth that calls out Biden's "lies"?

(08-24-2023, 10:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Did you see his empathetic speech in Maui? He compared hundreds dead and almost 1000 missing to a small kitchen fire he had at his home.

A majority of people loved him according to the newspapers there.

https://www.mauinews.com/news/local-news/2023/08/biden-the-country-grieves-with-you/
https://mauinow.com/2023/08/22/biden-tells-lahaina-to-applause-were-gonna-build-back-better-but-what-you-want/
https://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2023/08/21/president-biden-visits-maui-delivers-remarks-on-wildfires/
https://www.mauinews.com/news/local-news/2023/08/photo-gallery-president-biden-first-lady-visit-lahaina/

(08-24-2023, 10:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He tells Gold Star families his son died in Iraq.

Biden has repeatedly said he son died of brain cancer and he blames it on his service time in Iraq.  He has, on occasion, said he died in Iraq which is obviously wrong.

(08-24-2023, 10:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: joe Biden also lied about his family taking money from China, he was unaware of Hunter's business dealing in spite of photo's and emails. In spite of Hunter getting a free ride with him on Air Force 2 when Joe was VP to at least 15 countries.

That is under investigation.  I'd add that many family members fly with the POTUS no matter who it is.

(08-24-2023, 10:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So keep being smug about Trump being persecuted, one thing I learned a long time ago in politics, the boomerang will come back to the Democrats. Just look to Harry Reid changing the rules, then years later the GOP used it against them.

The next Democrat that breaks the law and brags about it like Trump did I will feel the same way about them that I do about Trump.

(08-24-2023, 10:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Have you met Trump? I have and I am 6' tall, he is at least 6'2" tall and we I met him in 2016, he was not severely over weight.

I have not, thank jebus, but almost to a person those who have have said he is not 6'3" and photographic evidence should be enough to show he is not 215.  I'm 5'7".  I've been 215 (I'm not now...lol...) and looked thinner than Trump does.

But then I wasn't blinded by the BS as some people are when they meet their idol.

(08-24-2023, 10:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: By the wall, when he walks into the room, he commands it. Joe Biden walks into a room and 15 seconds later is not sure where he

Oh, he knows how to suck the air out of a room and make it all about him.  No doubt.  You don't become a cult leader by being shy.

(08-24-2023, 10:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: ...is or he takes a nap in Maui due to his heavy workload (vacation most of August).

That there is what you would call a lie.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2023/aug/22/social-media/video-doesnt-show-president-joe-biden-dozing-durin/

(08-24-2023, 10:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Have you ever lied on your DL about your weight and height? 

No.  Have you?
Reply/Quote
So I'm watching CBS evening news and the first thing they open the program with is DJT's mug shot. He is now using that mugshot for the face of his campaign. Got to admit, it's a damn good mugshot and could be as some consider, one of those great American comeback stories. DEM's are helping him more than hurting him.

Reply/Quote
So the wife just showed me a TikTok set to Nickleback's song Photograph showing the mugshot.

**** I love the internet sometimes. The memes from this are GOLDEN.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Jesse Watters thinks Trump looks "hard".

https://twitter.com/alx/status/1695197740995649646?s=20
Reply/Quote
[Image: F4Z3Lp6XsAAtzFE?format=jpg&name=large]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 07:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: So I'm watching CBS evening news and the first thing they open the program with is DJT's mug shot. He is now using that mugshot for the face of his campaign. Got to admit, it's a damn good mugshot and could be as some consider, one of those great American comeback stories. DEM's are helping him more than hurting him.

And the media, instead of letting him rot in the land of obscurity, he's got more daily coverage that the current POTUS does. 
Instead of talking about how great Biden is doing, they'd rather waste their time trying to talk about how terrible of a person Trump is.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 11:39 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: And the media, instead of letting him rot in the land of obscurity, he's got more daily coverage that the current POTUS does. 
Instead of talking about how great Biden is doing, they'd rather waste their time trying to talk about how terrible of a person Trump is.

I do think that the first president EVER to get a mugshot is a story. 

If I were a news editor, I'd put that over inflation falling and low unemployment.

Can always talk about Biden tomorrow. 
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 11:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is a simple message, if any citizen fights the government and the justice department, you are next!

Well, there's "fighting the government" like Jimmy Stewart in Mr Smith Goes to Washington, 

and then there's "INSURRECTION." 

You SHOULD be "next" if you attempt to overturn a valid election, denying Americans their votes.

If you want to persuade people in this forum Trump is really mistreated 

then explain why we should get behind election fraud. Why should we ditch democracy for your Dear Leader? 

[Image: A110.1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 01:08 AM)Dill Wrote: I do think that the first president EVER to get a mugshot is a story. 

If I were a news editor, I'd put that over inflation falling and low unemployment.

Can always talk about Biden tomorrow. 

LOL that's fine, but that's been going on for quite a while and is responsible for getting us to this point. 

And Biden just keeps on getting pushed off to tomorrow cause it's always something with Trump.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 01:21 AM)Dill Wrote: Well, there's "fighting the government" like Jimmy Stewart in Mr Smith Goes to Washington, 

and then there's "INSURRECTION." 

You SHOULD be "next" if you attempt to overturn a valid election, denying Americans their votes.

If you want to persuade people in this forum Trump is really mistreated 

then explain why we should get behind election fraud. Why should we ditch democracy for your Dear Leader? 

Dam i need 12k votes, make sure those chads are punched properly.  OMG I'm trying to overthrow an election.

When will you learn that many Trump Supporters  don't care and see it as a political attack period? Even if charged, MANY will still feel the same. Some or a Miniscule amount might leave the flock, but the majority won't and will just dig in even deeper.
Reply/Quote
I think that people are slowly processing the fact that he is going to jail. Some people might be offended but justice is not about feelings.

BTW, to all those people who think it doesn't have to be in a trial, what about his co defendants ? Might be the only one not to be judged for his crime while his cronies will ? Or it is just a total exoneration for everybody involved ?

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote