Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you like to happen?
(01-03-2023, 01:09 PM)packerbacker Wrote: What do you guys think the NFL should do about how to play this game?

Um...you're asking this in a thread that's based on your question...

[Image: ops.meme_.nba_-1024x768.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:01 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I hope you are kidding me.  The NFL gives ZERO care to any other league.  If that is the only way to keep the schedule moving forward, that’s what they will do.  They would not play a Monday afternoon game.  Maybe Tuesday night, with the following week (WC weekend) having games on Sunday/Monday and then resuming normal playoffs after.

Why would i be kidding? It's happened before. In 2020 during covid they had to reschedule a Sunday game and move it to Monday afternoon first around 5pm because of the Monday night game and then Tuesday if further delay was needed. Just because the Monday night game is a college game in fact the biggest game of the season in this case makes the situation no different. If they decide to move the Ravens game to Monday it will be in the afternoon before that game. 
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Start the game where it was on Thursday night since there is no game. Push the Ravens game to Wednesday night. Push the playoffs back a week.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:12 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: There are three threads that probable have dozens of different ideas. I would recommend reading through those different threads for thoughts and opinions.

More important is hopefully he pulls through.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:36 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Why would i be kidding? It's happened before. In 2020 during covid they had to reschedule a Sunday game and move it to Monday afternoon first around 5pm because of the Monday night game and then Tuesday if further delay was needed. Just because the Monday night game is a college game in fact the biggest game of the season in this case makes the situation no different. If they decide to move the Ravens game to Monday it will be in the afternoon before that game. 

This was the Last MNF of the year there isnt any monday games next week so all teams have equal rest for the playoffs
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: This was the Last MNF of the year there isnt any monday games next week so all teams have equal rest for the playoffs

Don't understand what your point is?
Reply/Quote
Does anyone think the decision on how they move forward is predicated on what happens to Mr. Hamlin?

Say if (God forbid) he passes today, then they just say forget about replaying the game? If that happens, they might even cancel all the games this weekend.

I just think they have to be in a good place with him before deciding to move on with playing this game.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:55 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Don't understand what your point is?

they are moving NO games to monday im pretty sure
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:58 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Does anyone think the decision on how they move forward is predicated on what happens to Mr. Hamlin?

Say if (God forbid) he passes today, then they just say forget about replaying the game? If that happens, they might even cancel all the games this weekend.

I just think they have to be in a good place with him before deciding to move on with playing this game.

Yes absolutely, as is correct. The NFL cannot move at pace on this matter until they know more about Hamlin's status. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 02:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they are moving NO games to monday im pretty sure

Maybe. I do know if the they want the Bills Bengals to be concluded 4 days before sunday in that situation because that is the minimum amount to time they can have until the next game per NFLPA. The game will have to be tommorrow Wedensday the 4th which gives you 4 days until Sunday.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:14 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm not sure the NFL is willing to put the villain mask on that abrasively. Forcing a grieving team to pick between playing when they're not ready or a loss would be universally panned across the NFL and country. You saw the backlash that occurred when the announcer said they were going to give the teams 5 minutes to warm up and then the NFL back pedaling, swearing they definitely didn't give that order, scout's honor.

A tie primarily screws over the Bengals and Bills, as the Bills would lose the #1 seed and the Bengals would be locked into the #3 seed (Unless Buffalo loses to New England in week 18). It technically screws over the Ravens too, but they'd be cast as villains if they protested, especially since they were likely to lose against us anyway since Lamar still isn't practicing and Harbaugh said he doesn't know if he'll practice this week either. It seemed to me like they were setting up to just rest Lamar until the playoffs anyway, so any protest from them would definitely come off as bad faith and an attempt to turn a tragedy into a gain for them, which would not be received well.

Honestly, I think the most fair outcome would be to just award the win to the Bengals, as I said in my 2nd option (forfeit due to injury), but the optics on that aren't great either.

No one wins in this scenario but I think the least damaging outcome overall is either a tie or a Bengals win.

Not to sound horrible, but I don't get this mentality.  A player was seriously injured and I pray he makes a full recovery.

If one of my co-workers passes away in front of me I am not going to get a week or two off to "recover" emotionally.  I'd have to be back at work within a day or two.  And I am just a nobody living paycheck to paycheck.  We are talking about highly paid pro athletes.

I'm sorry, but I think you schedule the game for tomorrow and if the Bills can't play it's a forfeit. The Bengals looked like they were a team possessed and about to whoop the Bills.  Who really knows, but that's how it started.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 02:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they are moving NO games to monday im pretty sure

I never said they were. I was just responding to someone who suggested the idea. Depending on what they do with this game, moving the Ravens game to Monday is a very real possibility.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 02:05 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Not to sound horrible, but I don't get this mentality.  A player was seriously injured and I pray he makes a full recovery.

If one of my co-workers passes away in front of me I am not going to get a week or two off to "recover" emotionally.  I'd have to be back at work within a day or two.  And I am just a nobody living paycheck to paycheck.  We are talking about highly paid pro athletes.

I'm sorry, but I think you schedule the game for tomorrow and if the Bills can't play it's a forfeit. The Bengals looked like they were a team possessed and about to whoop the Bills.  Who really knows, but that's how it started.

Agree.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 02:05 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Not to sound horrible, but I don't get this mentality.  A player was seriously injured and I pray he makes a full recovery.

If one of my co-workers passes away in front of me I am not going to get a week or two off to "recover" emotionally. 
I'd have to be back at work within a day or two.  And I am just a nobody living paycheck to paycheck.  We are talking about highly paid pro athletes.

No shit. I had a buddy shot to death one night at work and once the scene was cleared we had to get 10-8 and answer the next call. The train keeps rollin.....
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 02:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: No shit. I had a buddy shot to death one night at work and once the scene was cleared we had to get 10-8 and answer the next call. The train keeps rollin.....

Yep. 

Play the damn game.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:34 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I think push week 18 back a couple weeks. This young mans life is more important.

I don't understand this.  How is creating a huge upheaval in the NFL at the end of the season going to help Hamlin?

I keep seeing people say "his life is more important".   

How does not playing games help him?
How does canceling the last week help him?

The best thing to do is move forward and hope for the best for Hamlin.

Sorry guys, I'm not trying to sound like a dick, but geez.
Reply/Quote

There's no doubt that most employers treat their employees poorly and that's a problem. But things are just different when they're on a national stage. A corporation treating their employees with brutality or insensitivity is an isolated incident that can be denied or smoothed over if an individual employee complains. When that same insensitivity occurs on a national stage, you can't really hide it.
Reply/Quote
I know a tie wins us the division right? But we were looking amazing tonight and with a win we get the 2 seed possibly the 1 seed if Raiders can pull an upset.

I think they showed Allen's record at home vs away and if we have to play them in the playoffs the difference between home field and away seems huge for the Bills.

So I think you have to play the game and if the Bills can't do so they forfeit the game. Harsh but the reality is this is a business and teams playoff positioning is big money for the teams and cities involved.

Tough situation but a no contest or a tie seem to be decisions that shouldn't be made at this point.
Reply/Quote
I'd like the game to pick up where it left off. 7-3, Bengals with the ball and marked at the spot where Higgins was down by contact.

With that said, I don't know how they'd do this. Buffalo and Cincinnati cannot be expected to play a game this week and then play another game just a couple of days later. The only way this game can be played is if the NFL shifts the entire calendar.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Bengals coaches are at Paycor preparing for Ravens game per update from Tony.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote