Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Whats the minimum you will be satisfied with in FA
I fear many will be underwhelmed with free agency. Some are projecting just crazy pickups but we all want to see some talent to protect Joe.

I would be happy with 2 upper level (not elite) pickups.

Bozeman at Center and Trent Brown at RT, we could easily draft a Zion or Kinnard for RG. Spain and Carmen battle for LG.

Getting 3 would be awesome or an Armstead and one more.

Im not getting my hopes up too high so I am prepared for the worst or surprised by drastic improvement.

Whats the minimum you will be satisfied with this free agency?
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 07:03 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I fear many will be underwhelmed with free agency. Some are projecting just crazy pickups but we all want to see some talent to protect Joe.

They’ll get him an OL. They have no choice. 
Reply/Quote
A List Guard and A List Tackle. No dumpster diving.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Worst case is they decide to go cheap and roll cap space like they did when Dalton/Green were here.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 07:12 PM)Joelist Wrote: A List Guard and A List Tackle. No dumpster diving.

I'd settle for even Tier 2 guys. Like $6-7 million a year should get a good Guard.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 07:03 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I fear many will be underwhelmed with free agency. Some are projecting just crazy pickups but we all want to see some talent to protect Joe.

I would be happy with 2 upper level (not elite) pickups.

Bozeman at Center and Trent Brown at RT, we could easily draft a Zion or Kinnard for RG. Spain and Carmen battle for LG.

Getting 3 would be awesome or an Armstead and one more.

Im not getting my hopes up too high so I am prepared for the worst or surprised by drastic improvement.

Whats the minimum you will be satisfied with this free agency?

Minimum I'll be happy with in FA is:
Re-signing Spain
Upper-tier vet at OG and OT
1st round draft pick at the other spot that I have confidence in starting immediately and succeeding as a rookie

Ideally, I'd like two upper-tier FAs at OG and OT, and maybe a better pass blocker at LG instead of Spain.

If the Bengals lucked out with Linderbaum somehow falling all the way to 31, that'd be the cherry on top.

If the Bengals just re-sign Reiff and Spain then bank on Carman blossoming by the time the season starts, we riot.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 07:11 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: They’ll get him an OL. They have no choice. 

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47df1ksdtqbvlv35v60w...y.gif&ct=g]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 07:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Minimum I'll be happy with in FA is:
Re-signing Spain
1st round draft pick at the other spot that I have confidence in starting immediately and succeeding as a rookie

Ideally, I'd like two upper-tier FAs at OG and OT, and maybe a better pass blocker at LG instead of Spain.

If the Bengals lucked out with Linderbaum somehow falling all the way to 31, that'd be the cherry on top.

Solid!
Reply/Quote
Two competent linemen. You don’t have to bring in Thuney types but something in between. Whatever that looks like.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 07:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Two competent linemen. You don’t have to bring in Thuney types but something in between. Whatever that looks like.

James Daniels...who went nearly 20 picks after Billy Price!
Reply/Quote
Morgan Moses & James Daniel as starters on the line, particularly the right side.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
If the re sign Spain and Reiff plus bring in real, legit NFL starters for RG and RT (and not over the hill ones) then they actually have the veteran core to let them develop the kids properly.

Oh, and cut Adeniji. I think its pretty clear he can't hold his point which means he can't be an NFL offensive lineman.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 07:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Minimum I'll be happy with in FA is:
Re-signing Spain

If the Bengals just re-sign Reiff and Spain then bank on Carman blossoming by the time the season starts, we riot.

Linderbaum seems to be going up in many mocks, not much chance. There will be a couple tackles and Guards Zion and Kinnard should be available.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 07:17 PM)casear2727 Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47df1ksdtqbvlv35v60w...y.gif&ct=g]

Well, you’re right, it is the Bengals. But for anyone not willing to go out of their way to purposely shoot themselves in the foot, and I don’t think the Bengals are willing to do that, they would consider it a no-brainer and a necessity. 
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 07:23 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Well, you’re right, it is the Bengals. But for anyone not willing to go out of their way to purposely shoot themselves in the foot, and I don’t think the Bengals are willing to do that, they would consider it a no-brainer and a necessity. 

Im sure they will, it is to what degree of talent are they willing to get.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 07:22 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Linderbaum seems to be going up in many mocks, not much chance. There will be a couple tackles and Guards Zion and Kinnard should be available.

I'd argue that I've actually seen him going down.
He's been projected as a Top 15 prospect since at least November, and many mocks had him going under 20.
I've started to see him mocked later and later, even seeing him fall to Bengals at 31 in a recent mock (I believe one of the NFL.com ones).

If picking late, Zion Johnson is the only guard I'd feel comfortable starting Day 1.
Kinnard would be shifting from OT to OG, and I think he'll need time to adjust, similar to Carman.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Let's avoid drafting hometown kids that we expect to change positions that struggled at times in college.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 07:22 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Morgan Moses & James Daniel as starters on the line, particularly the right side.

100% this.
Bring in Andrew Norwell in place of Spain to cover LG and that's one damn good pass blocking OL.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 07:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd argue that I've actually seen him going down.
He's been projected as a Top 15 prospect since at least November, and many mocks had him going under 20.
I've started to see him mocked later and later, even seeing him fall to Bengals at 31 in a recent mock (I believe one of the NFL.com ones).

If picking late, Zion Johnson is the only guard I'd feel comfortable starting Day 1.
Kinnard would be shifting from OT to OG, and I think he'll need time to adjust, similar to Carman.

I've seen him drop in a couple as well, but as high as 8 which is bit too much.

He'd be a steal for sure. But if we were set on replacing Hopkins it would probably happen in FA, too risky to wait on the draft. If we dont move from Hopkins and Linderbaum is available snatch him up.

We never replace someone like Hopkins like we should. 1 more year of 35th out of 39 play and no value when he walks the next season.  We could apply his $6m to Bozeman.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 07:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: 100% this.
Bring in Andrew Norwell in place of Spain to cover LG and that's one damn good pass blocking OL.

Those 3 would be amazing.
Reply/Quote