Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
When Did Cordell Volson Become hot shit?
I noticed he didn't play any preseason snaps. When did he get elevated to "hot shit" status? You'd think he'd need the reps with the rest of them.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 01:04 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: I noticed he didn't play any preseason snaps. When did he get elevated to "hot shit" status? You'd think he'd need the reps with the rest of them.

he's hot shit compared to the rest of the non-starters. The depth is all terrible

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
About the time Carman became Hot Garbage,
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
When is his birthday?
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 01:34 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: he's hot shit compared to the rest of the non-starters. The depth is all terrible

Thing is he’s not that much better than the depth. He just got a pass for being low tier because he was a 4th round rookie from NDSU playing grown men.

I would’ve preferred if he played more in the preseason because he still has work to do. Hopefully he plays @Atlanta or Washington.
Reply/Quote
You guys all wigging out. There’s two more preseason games. He got plenty of work against Green Bay in practice.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
What do we gain by playing him? He played almost every snap last year, so we know what we have.

I'd hate to see him get rolled up on and get injured for no reason.
Reply/Quote
No starters played on Offense and he’s a starter. I think he will get better and this coaching staff has earned my trust so I am good with him not playing.

After last night it would appear that the Bengals back ups need all the reps that they can get. There were at least 30 guys who played that look like they should get cut for sure. Problem is that you can’t cut all of them and still have a full roster. Hopefully we will se some dramatic improvement - especially from the QBs, O line and this year’s first round pick.
Reply/Quote
You don’t gain anything by playing him next to a bunch of backups. The line is so reliable on the guys around you especially at guard. He doesn’t need to look bad because the guys around him suck. Jonah didn’t play either and he’s never started a game at RT.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 11:05 AM)Weazzel80 Wrote: What do we gain by playing him? He played almost every snap last year, so we know what we have.

Yes sir Weazzel. Volson is a starter whether these haters like it or not. He will improve big time this season too and I will remind 
them about it. Carman played bad though last night and I am not going to gloss this over at all. Happy Jonah is the starter at RT
after what I saw last night.
Reply/Quote
If Volson gets hurt we’ve gotta start Cody Ford (lord no) so I’m cool with him not playing much in the preseason
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 01:04 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: I noticed he didn't play any preseason snaps. When did he get elevated to "hot shit" status? You'd think he'd need the reps with the rest of them.

How many more of these "awesome" takes do we have to suffer before opening day?

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 05:28 PM)casear2727 Wrote: How many more of the "awesome" takes do we have to suffer before opening day?

A lot evidently...
Reply/Quote

When he became a starter for the Cincinnati Bengals, they're definitely amongst the hot sh!+ teams in the NFL. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 08:05 AM)bfine32 Wrote: About the time Carman became Hot Garbage,

Refresh my memory but didn’t he workout and get instruction from the pseudo great in his own mind Paul Alexander before the draft and this supposedly said expert said CarMAN was a steal in the second round? And some of you want Alexander back and get rid of Pollack! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 11:05 AM)Weazzel80 Wrote: What do we gain by playing him? He played almost every snap last year, so we know what we have.

Not only that, these aren't the guys he's going to be playing beside. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 02:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes sir Weazzel. Volson is a starter whether these haters like it or not. He will improve big time this season too and I will remind 
them about it. Carman played bad though last night and I am not going to gloss this over at all. Happy Jonah is the starter at RT
after what I saw last night.

Now we know why they are keeping Collins around. Carman sucks.

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 07:11 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Refresh my memory but didn’t he workout and get instruction from the pseudo great in his own mind Paul Alexander before the draft and this supposedly said expert said CarMAN was a steal in the second round?  And some of you want Alexander back and get rid of Pollack!   Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not a hundred percent sure that Piano Man worked him out, but I DO KNOW he suggested the pick to Mikey. He proves again that he doesn't know WTF he's talking about.

Reply/Quote
I would like to see the starting line get some reps. But if Burrow isn't playing then I doubt they will and if the other starters don't play then it won't help volson that much. Also at this rate our backups need the practice and we need all the tape we can get in order to figure out who to keep.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 08:18 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I would like to see the starting line get some reps. But if Burrow isn't playing then I doubt they will and if the other starters don't play then it won't help volson that much. Also at this rate our backups need the practice and we need all the tape we can get in order to figure out who to keep.

Exactly. Our skill positions were actually pretty decent, but both lines (aside from Tufele) were meh. They need reps.

Reply/Quote