Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When did it become acceptable to say "Bungles"
for a fan of this team? I have seen many so called fans using the word "Bungles" on this board. You would have been smacked if you hung around with my group of friends in the 90's. Is this a new thing? This was always a joke made by non Bengals fans. I just don't get it.
Reply/Quote
I don't use it, but probably when it became Year 30 of Mike Brown running the team with only 7 winning seasons and 0 playoff wins.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I don't use that term & don't like hearing it from fellow fans.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm guessing August 5, 1991.
Reply/Quote
If it looks like a duck.........you know the rest.
Reply/Quote
About 1789 when the Bill of Rights was signed.
Reply/Quote
Which do you hate worse, Bungles or Bangles?

There are some interesting definitions on Urban Dictionary. https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bungles

Reply/Quote
More often I hear people call the Bengals the Bung-holes. Myron Cope just used the more radio friendly version, I think.
Reply/Quote
yeah I don't like hearing it from our own supporters.
Reply/Quote
Probably after the Akili Smith draft...

Also, who decides what’s “acceptable”? Hint: It’s not you.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 04:39 PM)WhoDey Wrote: for a fan of  this team? I have seen many so called fans using the word "Bungles" on this board. You would have been smacked if you hung around with my group of friends in the 90's. Is this a new thing?  This was always a joke made by non Bengals fans. I just don't get it.

IMO, never.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I remember hearing Bungles throughout the '90s along with other words like Shula, Klingler, Big Daddy (might not be what you think), and Akili.

It sucks, but we've been the Bungles often.
Reply/Quote
Ah...What's in a name? I never got too shook up about it. I don't think I've ever referred to the team as "Bungles" ever. When they screw up bad like for example the Frerotte left handed pass, I would say, "Well he really bungled that up." But I'm not really bothered by the name, winning cures all. BTW this Tee Shirt was for sale at my local Meijer last time I checked, if it hasn't been commandeered for toilet paper yet. 

[Image: EFGQI0iXsAEUYSO.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Jethro Tull had a song about us way before the '90's.

You know- "Let's Bungle, in the Jungle, well that's alright, by me"

Prescient fellow, ol Jethro
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Eh, sometimes I feel like a good percentage of the posters here who constantly criticize and call the Bengals Bungles are actually fans of other teams coming here just to post crap and stir the pot.  Must be Ravens fans though, because Pissburgh fans can't type.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 04:51 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: About 1789 when the Bill of Rights was signed.

This...

I mean we run around calling guys who have given their best effort for this team *****, coward, baby, etc. Doing that makes a person a bunghole... I'm not gonna worry about a silly word like Bungles.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 04:39 PM)WhoDey Wrote: for a fan of  this team? I have seen many so called fans using the word "Bungles" on this board. You would have been smacked if you hung around with my group of friends in the 90's. Is this a new thing?  This was always a joke made by non Bengals fans. I just don't get it.

I think the forum should BAN the word and suspend any fan our ours who uses it.

No questions or debate needed, I agree it is a term our enemies use, not our true fans.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 06:10 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think the forum should BAN the word and suspend any fan our ours who uses it.

No questions or debate needed, I agree it is a term our enemies use, not our true fans.

Speech nazi.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 05:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Eh, sometimes I feel like a good percentage of the posters here who constantly criticize and call the Bengals Bungles are actually fans of other teams coming here just to post crap and stir the pot.  Must be Ravens fans though, because Pissburgh fans can't type.

Eh, if people don’t do and say the things I want them to, they aren’t real people.
Reply/Quote

lets meet up chump and i will bungal you straight into the gutter

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote