He makes it to 22
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
When will Zac be fired?
How long does Zac make it?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 04:18 PM)J24 Wrote: How long does Zac make it?

I personally hope he gives fans reason to reconsider his fate, although I wouldn't put money on it. 
Reply/Quote

Well thats impossible to predict.....   But if   we Start 1-3  id say its time  or worse.  but the FO never listens to me lol

Unless we have a week 5 bye week i need another poll option lol (before the bye week as the Bye week gives the Assistant time to make adjustments)
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 04:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well thats impossible to predict.....   But if   we Start 1-3  id say its time  or worse.  but the FO never listens to me lol

This....

I think it's overdue, but I'm hoping the light comes on, and we all feel like fools for wanting him fired.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 04:21 PM)jason Wrote: This....

I think it's overdue, but I'm hoping the light comes on, and we all feel like fools for wanting him fired.

That would be the best case scenario...
Reply/Quote
Jeez.

Last week it's 'this team got the best of everything in the draft!!!!!?'

This week it's 'so, when we getting rid of the coaching staff that just drafted these guys?'

Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 04:32 PM)Benton Wrote: Jeez.

Last week it's 'this team got the best of everything in the draft!!!!!?'

This week it's 'so, when we getting rid of the coaching staff that just drafted these guys?'

Hilarious

Hey just cause you had a good draft doesn't mean you have a coach who knows how to use the talent.  

we had a good draft but I have about as much confidence that Zac can go out there and win with this team as I'd have if we brought Dave Shula back to coach this same team.   I mean Zac does have a worse record than Dave through 32 games, and that's not easy to do. 
Reply/Quote

The schedule will be released May 12.
Once I see that, I'll be able to better determine whether I think Taylor makes it past the bye week or not.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It is a time for thinking positively, so the team has a good season and Zac survives for us to fight about him for another off season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
There is no chance he gets sacked as the FO are backing him with the FA and Draft signings, he will be here for the length of Burrow's contract if he wants to be.
The only person that might get sacked will be Lou
Reply/Quote
You’ve got to give him at least the better part of this year. It’s taken a few years to rebuild this team to fit his style. We’ve got enough pieces now that we should see real improvement but sometimes teams get better as the season goes on. With all the new players this year there are bound to be some growing pains early. Good news is most of that should be on D where we were already terrible so it shouldn’t be any worse than last year.

There’s really little to no benefit moving on from him after a few games. This team isn’t winning the Super Bowl this year so let’s see how it plays out and make a decision at the end of the year. Not like replacing him early is going to magically make us contenders. if he stinks it up we get a high draft pick for a new coach.

Plus I don’t want this FO falling in love with a temporary coach and hiring them if they win a few games instead of doing a full search and bringing in the best candidate. If we do end up looking for a new coach I believe the position will be more attractive to outside hires than ever before with Burrow and the weapons on offense and a FO that has been spending money lately in FA.

All of that said i still like Zac and believe he can be a successful coach here. This will be a big year for him to prove that though.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 04:53 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: There is no chance he gets sacked as the FO are backing him with the FA and Draft signings, he will be here for the length of Burrow's contract if he wants to be.
The only person that might get sacked will be Lou

If he's here for the length of Burrows contract there may be no one left in the stands at Paul Brown Stadium to watch him go into the record books as the losing coach in Bengals history.  He'll be talked about the same way we talk about Dave Shula 30 years later.   

That's would have to be a real kick in the balls to be known as the worst coach in the history of an organization.  

Anyway, if they are 2-5 or 1-5 going into the bye week I think Taylor's shown the door and Simmons takes over the helm for the rest of the season. 
Reply/Quote
Our FO does not typically fire coaches with lots of time left on their contracts because their contracts are guaranteed. If they fire Zac mid-season they have to pay him. That's while he'll make it to the end of the year regardless.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals may try to bring in new Offensive and Defensive Coordinators before replacing Zac Taylor as Head Coach.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 05:00 PM)Synric Wrote: The Bengals may try to bring in new Offensive and Defensive Coordinators before replacing Zac Taylor as Head Coach.

So give Zac 3 years to be stubborn and then turn around and say "bud i think you need to hand over the reigns of the offense".  Hell no, if your that stubborn to change your ways then your ass needs to go. 

Football is an ever changing sport, and if you're not willing to change when you suck then your not willing to get better. 
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 04:57 PM)TJ528 Wrote: If he's here for the length of Burrows contract there may be no one left in the stands at Paul Brown Stadium to watch him go into the record books as the losing coach in Bengals history.  He'll be talked about the same way we talk about Dave Shula 30 years later.   

That's would have to be a real kick in the balls to be known as the worst coach in the history of an organization.  

Anyway, if they are 2-5 or 1-5 going into the bye week I think Taylor's shown the door and Simmons takes over the helm for the rest of the season. 

Aye ok then.
Our FO and especially Mike Brown doesn't fire a HC and considering it was Kate, Troy & Duke that hired Zac. They will not fire him unless the players start turning against him and the players all seem to really like him
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 05:03 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Aye ok then.
Our FO and especially Mike Brown doesn't fire a HC and considering it was Kate, Troy & Duke that hired Zac. They will not fire him unless the players start turning against him and the players all seem to really like him

well I mean if you listen to most people on this board, Mike isn't involved in the football operations it's all Katie, Troy and Duke.  

There is no way even if he makes it the entire 2021 season if he has a record of 10-45-1 or even 12-43-1 which one would put him at 4-13 this year and the other 6-11, there's no way they can keep Taylor around with that record. 

This year they can drive attendance with a new Ring of Honor and New Uniforms.  What the hell are they going to do next year to bring in fans because those type of records arent going to bring fans to PBS. 
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 05:02 PM)TJ528 Wrote: So give Zac 3 years to be stubborn and then turn around and say "bud i think you need to hand over the reigns of the offense".  Hell no, if your that stubborn to change your ways then your ass needs to go. 

Football is an ever changing sport, and if you're not willing to change when you suck then your not willing to get better. 

I was just point out a different direction the Bengals Front Office could go.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

I'd say if he goes winless and it is halfway through the season, he will be let go. Other than that he's not going anywhere.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 05:00 PM)Synric Wrote: The Bengals may try to bring in new Offensive and Defensive Coordinators before replacing Zac Taylor as Head Coach.

Taylor shouldn't have taken the offensive playcalling duties when he came in, but he chose to, and likely will not give up playcalling duties at this point.
It may be more difficult to bring in a new playcaller and keep Taylor than it would be to just replace Taylor and let the new HC pick his/her own OC.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote