Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Are They Now (Long Lost Members)...
I'm not sure why I started thinking about this exactly, but I did, and I'm wondering what happened to some of our old members from the other site. And a few who made the transition but have since disappeared. I thought it would be fun/interesting for people to bring up other names too. I think it's been long enough now where a lot of names have either not been seen or in awhile or they've been completely forgotten.

-OSUfan. An absolute legend of the game. Probably one of the biggest trolls of all time, and yet I'm still not sure if it was intentional or not. Didn't this guy make the switch? What happened to this guy?

-Bengalthing. Super nice guy. I liked this dude, and that's even coming from a guy who he disagreed with often. Was always pretty cool about it though. Did he make it over here?

-Denny. Where did this guy I end up? Is he active on a twitter, or is he on another forum? I always thought there was more to this character too. You can't have your own business, appear to have some money, and have a wife that hot and not be pretty smart. I kinda think he dumbed down his character to be denser than what he really was. If not, the world is a very unfair place. Oh, yeah. God awful mod. Just the worst. And that has nothing to do with differing opinions.

-Cornerblitz. He made it over here but I haven't seen him awhile. He was always a fellow hater so he was always at the weekly meetings we have but he just stop showing up. (We lost him and DJS. We're dwindling in numbers, but we're always taking applications.)

-SavageHenry. Way up there as far as active posters. Lotta content. I'm surprised he's not seen here more.

Who was the guy that had all of the alts? Someone died, a fake daughter, a dead son, he was writing a book on hwo smart he was to fool a forum of annonymous sports fans. (How well could you be fooled if you didn't give a shit?) God damn, was that weird. What a weird ongoing saga and waste of time. The internet is such a strange place.

I know there's a bunch of names I'm forgetting, so refresh my memory.
Reply/Quote
I think savage still posts quite regular, just under a different name (sled?)

OSU Fan posts from time to time.

As to folks that we don't see anymore:

Cloe Hookie
Eox
Bezerker (posted as Royal? for a while here)
There was that one girl that wished everybody a happy birthday (Trinna?)
Matter of fact there's a real void of females up in here. I miss Bengal Sis
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Last I heard Denny was posting on Reddit, but IDK if he still does since I really don't visit that sight.
Reply/Quote
Bat
The Bengal Thing
Joe from Flo
The dude who got banned on the old board for saying he was gay(jamie or something like that?)
That one guy who was an over the top homer but eventually made a post admitting it was all a ruse and he actually had multiple accounts(BengalsBarry?)

Those are just the ones that I can think up over a couple of minutes.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 10:05 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: -OSUfan.  An absolute legend of the game.  Probably one of the biggest trolls of all time, and yet I'm still not sure if it was intentional or not.  Didn't this guy make the switch?  What happened to this guy?

He's still here under another name. OSUfan was one of his alter egos, its pretty obvious who he was too! 
Reply/Quote
Too funny. I was thinking about doing something like this yesterday but got involved in something else!

Bengal Thing and Eox, both already mentioned, are the ones that came to mind to get me thinking about it.

Others I wonder about are Megalicious, Broken One (who had mentioned he was terminal, so I hope has not passed on), and had hoped torro would make the jump (nice guy and it was always nice to have someone on the inside).
Reply/Quote
CINwillWIN has made efforts to reach out to the old board members. He was also a mod on the old board and retained a member list from there.

Meg is a professor at a university.

Eox was on here quite a bit for the first year, and was even a mod. But he has been really busy at college.

I think Denny got a little burnt out on the old board with how a group of people were treating him.

Cloe posts every once in awhile on here.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
I miss THEBURG, Pistons, and my boy bludgeon. There's also:

Berserker (Royal Red Legs)
Bengal Yankee
Millz
Fan in Kettering
Extra Nirvana
Jungle Juice
Sher Khan (both of them)
Spazz

I could be wrong and maybe some of these guys are still posting.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 11:16 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I think Denny got a little burnt out on the old board with how a group of people were treating him.

I think that group got fed up with how Denny treated them.  Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 11:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think that group got fed up with how Denny treated everyone who wasn't a complete homer.  Ninja

fixed it for ya!  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
How about BengirlSmasher? Or whatever "her" name was? Lol

I am really old school though. I have been a member since October 2005.

Barrylium (sp?) seemed like a cool dude. I could be thinking of someone else. Shanniefly was a lot of fun. She came and saw my band one night with several other old school message board peeps.

I am glad to see HarleyDog popping in lately. He is my dude. I should probably change my name back to jmccracky so he will recognize me. Tongue
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 11:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I miss THEBURG, Pistons, and my boy bludgeon. There's also:

Berserker (Royal Red Legs)
Bengal Yankee
Millz
Fan in Kettering
Extra Nirvana
Jungle Juice
Sher Khan (both of them)
Spazz

I could be wrong and maybe some of these guys are still posting.

Millz is on here now as Millsy, right?  Or is that someone else?  Isn't Jungle Juice here too?
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 11:58 PM)CharvelPlaya Wrote: I should probably change my name back to jmccracky so he will recognize me. Tongue

Damn, I didn't know that was you.  I wonder if I don't know a lot of the people who changed their names. 

Fwiw, I changed mine primarily because I hated being associated with Fred.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 12:06 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Damn, I didn't know that was you.  I wonder if I don't know a lot of the people who changed their names. 

Fwiw, I changed mine primarily because I hated being associated with Fred.  Mellow

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
You know, I still can't believe they closed the forums. It was a decision most likely made because the team probably didn't want to literally provide a forum for any kind of negativity. Which is so stupid for anyone familiar with the year 2016, but I digress. Look no further than the puppet/mouthpiece that is Geoff Hobson. This team surrounds themselves with fluff, and is slow to divulge much of anything.

It certainly makes no sense from a traffic standpoint. I would love to see how many page views they've lost. The board was the only reason I went and I, like a lot of others, was going there multiple times a day. I'd bet that the site now sees less than half the traffic it used to.

And what about a cost perspective? The site is already there, it's already been built. The domain is paid for. The site was already moderated. The forums themselves required almost no monetary investment whatsoever. And a lot of fans, who spent a lot of money, or who could potentially spend money, enjoyed it. People used to so many different things.

So why pull the plug, and especially why do it the way in which it was done? I mean, if you're going close the boards at least give some advanced notice so people can make plans to either migrate elsewhere, exchange contact info, say goodbyes or see-you-later'ss. And why do it right in the middle of the offseason? Why not after the season, or after the first of the year? That would make more sense.

But yeah, to shut down something that drives customers to your team site, that cost little to nothing to maintain, to only give a week or two's notice, to decide to do it in May or whatever...something just doesn't add up to me.

Someone didn't like what they were seeing, got pissed, and just blew that thing up. The team site is supposed to be bubblegum and rainbows. This didn't fit the mold. I just wish it could have been done in a way that made it evident that they understood some fans used them a great deal and perhaps deserved more notice.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 10:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Matter of fact there's a real void of females up in here. I miss Bengal Sis

I'm female

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 12:22 AM)pally Wrote: I'm female

How you doin?
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 12:21 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You know, I still can't believe they closed the forums.  It was a decision most likely made because the team probably didn't want to literally provide a forum for any kind of negativity.  Which is so stupid for anyone familiar with the year 2016, but I digress.  Look no further than the puppet/mouthpiece that is Geoff Hobson.  This team surrounds themselves with fluff, and is slow to divulge much of anything.

It certainly makes no sense from a traffic standpoint.  I would love to see how many page views they've lost.  The board was the only reason I went and I, like a lot of others, was going there multiple times a day.  I'd bet that the site now sees less than half the traffic it used to.

And what about a cost perspective?  The site is already there, it's already been built.  The domain is paid for.  The site was already moderated.  The forums themselves required almost no monetary investment whatsoever.  And a lot of fans, who spent a lot of money, or who could potentially spend money, enjoyed it.  People used to so many different things.

So why pull the plug, and especially why do it the way in which it was done?  I mean, if you're going close the boards at least give some advanced notice so people can make plans to either migrate elsewhere, exchange contact info, say goodbyes or see-you-later'ss.  And why do it right in the middle of the offseason?  Why not after the season, or after the first of the year?  That would make more sense.

But yeah, to shut down something that drives customers to your team site, that cost little to nothing to maintain, to only give a week or two's notice, to decide to do it in May or whatever...something just doesn't add up to me.

Someone didn't like what they were seeing, got pissed, and just blew that thing up.  The team site is supposed to be bubblegum and rainbows.  This didn't fit the mold.  I just wish it could have been done in a way that made it evident that they understood some fans used them a great deal and perhaps deserved more notice.

Yeah they didn't like hosting a lot of negative talk on that forum. After the 2014 season they even started paying me per word to talk up Dalton  Ninja .
Reply/Quote
One member from the old board that used Zippy as his avatar, worked in the Middle East on contract, and spent 99% of his time in PnR that I can't remember his username for the life of me. Does this ring a bell with anyone?
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 10:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think savage still posts quite regular, just under a different name (sled?)

OSU Fan posts from time to time.

As to folks that we don't see anymore:

Cloe Hookie
Eox
Bezerker (posted as Royal? for a while here)
There was that one girl that wished everybody a happy birthday (Trinna?)
Matter of fact there's a real void of females up in here. I miss Bengal Sis

Trina Ann moved to Texas IIRC. Great personality and such a great football fan! Wish we had her here. Same for Meg and Shannifly. 

Update on Trina - she is now in Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan and is 'The Bengal Smurfette' on Twitter
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote