Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Are They Now (Long Lost Members)...
(08-26-2016, 10:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think savage still posts quite regular, just under a different name (sled?)

OSU Fan posts from time to time.

As to folks that we don't see anymore:

Cloe Hookie
Eox
Bezerker (posted as Royal? for a while here)
There was that one girl that wished everybody a happy birthday (Trinna?)
Matter of fact there's a real void of females up in here. I miss Bengal Sis

Wasn't BengalSis Shayne Graham's sister? I think she left the board when we got rid of him because there were so many haters at that time.

(08-27-2016, 10:05 AM)pally Wrote: you really don't want to know  Smirk

Ummm... Trust me, yes the do!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Banjaxed is alive and well. He and I are FB friends. I don't actively communicate on a regular basis with him, but I can tell from his posts that he has a very busy life. He now trains and competes in triathalons, and I'm sure that he and his wife are extremely busy with their young son.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 11:17 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Banjaxed is alive and well.  He and I are FB friends.  I don't actively communicate on a regular basis with him, but I can tell from his posts that he has a very busy life.  He now trains and competes in triathalons, and I'm sure that he and his wife are extremely busy with their young son.

That is, TWO young sons now. Wink
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 10:36 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Ummm... Trust me, yes the do!
[Image: 19lkgz.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 10:39 PM)treee Wrote: Joe from Flo

Goes by "Element" here.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 09:57 AM)xxlt Wrote: Dill.

Great dude.

Yes!! Thank you!! Once he got started, his posts were epic. We have a member here registered as 'Dill", but no activity from him so far.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Jasonew1 helps with another site, or so I've been told.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 12:09 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Jasonew1 helps with another site, or so I've been told.

And those members of that site are likely treated to posts of his delicious bbq/smoker products.  That guy always made me hungry.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 12:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And those members of that site are likely treated to posts of his delicious bbq/smoker products.  That guy always made me hungry.

Man, that guy was a Kotsch champ. I always checked to see what he was grilling up.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 10:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Matter of fact there's a real void of females up in here. I miss Bengal Sis

(08-27-2016, 12:22 AM)pally Wrote: I'm female

(08-27-2016, 12:31 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: How you doin?

(08-27-2016, 12:46 AM)bfine32 Wrote: What you wearing?

The above exchange sheds light on the mystery as to why there are very few female members on here.

As for the OP. I miss BAT. He and I were running mates on the mothership. We met up a few times. Once at a bar in Dayton where a group of board members all came together. Me, BAT, Shanniefly, and a few others. Me and BAT also met up at a game vs the Vikings at the Metrodome. He got disenchanted with the old board, moved to another board for awhile, then got sidetracked by having an actual life and doesn't post anywhere very often at all. Good guy.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 01:19 PM)Beaker Wrote: The above exchange sheds light on the mystery as to why there are very few female members on here.

As for the OP. I miss BAT. He and I were running mates on the mothership. We met up a few times. Once at a bar in Dayton where a group of board members all came together. Me, BAT, Shanniefly, and a few others. Me and BAT also met up at a game vs the Vikings at the Metrodome. He got disenchanted with the old board, moved to another board for awhile, then got sidetracked by having an actual life and doesn't post anywhere very often at all. Good guy.

You, Bat, and Joe from Flo were fun to watch back in the glory days of Smack Talk.
Reply/Quote
Have never met a single person on board.

But all posters mentioned that can recall in my short time were solid posters and miss their input.

Have to admit it took me a minute to warm up to new site as well and almost quit too.

Especially since I am not active, nor ever have been active on any other message board. Just not my thing.

But that community was so informative that I became addicted.

Must say plenty of knowledgeable and great posters that I certainly am not really worthy amongst you legends.

Yet everybody has their two cents worth, so throw mine into the ring just for the hell of it.

PS. Even if it seems not, love different opinions and it would suck without them.

So a big toastjones and fredtoast to all the ones we are missing. Hope they are doing well and know they are still rooting the Bengals on.

One not listed that liked even if he was only here momentarily and believe he was the reason Joe Flo was banned. Was someone with "Ervin" in it, maybe "Ervinism". Both were solid posters it was a shame they butted heads so hard.

Yet all could have been alter ego's as far as I know.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 10:05 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Who was the guy that had all of the alts?  Someone died, a fake daughter, a dead son, he was writing a book on hwo smart he was to fool a forum of annonymous sports fans. (How well could you be fooled if you didn't give a shit?)  God damn, was that weird.  What a weird ongoing saga and waste of time.  The internet is such a strange place.
Tiger Blood
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 10:36 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Wasn't BengalSis Shayne Graham's sister? I think she left the board when we got rid of him because there were so many haters at that time.

That's what I was thinking. I know she (if that's the one I'm thinking of) got into it with a few people who were constantly down on Graham.

As to the OP, I'm hopeful once the season starts up we might see a few old faces trickle in. Message boards, unfortunately, have a problem much like newspapers or home phones, there's not a lot of growth because there's a lot of other competition. The other day my 15 year old and I were talking about finding his first car. He wants an 80s model Camaro. I told him to find a couple of the message boards and keep an eye on their buy/swap areas. He had no idea what I was talking about, so finally I said "It's like redit, but less random and more organized." Anyway, I'm hoping some of the older members make their way back and we continue to add more, as opposed to having them go to other spots.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 07:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm really dating myself here, but there was a Samoan gentleman that had some of the most hilarious, and well thought-out posts I have ever read way, way back in the days of (gulp) dial up internet.  It was an AOL message board for Bengals fans and I loved it.  He went by UMADDOG, and later UMAFLYY, but I think that had something to do with his obession with Uma Thurman.

I remember UMADOGG - he got banned then came back as UMAFLYY. 

By the way, UMADOGG as in U(You) MA(My) DOGG (Dog)... :)
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 02:35 PM)Joelist Wrote: I remember UMADOGG - he got banned then came back as UMAFLYY. 

By the way, UMADOGG as in U(You) MA(My) DOGG (Dog)... :)

Did u really think we needed that broken down?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 10:31 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Crackyyyyyyyyyyyy!  Yes

Haha...I am changing my name back. Just drop th J and just Cracky!!
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 02:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did u really think we needed that broken down?

Why not? Have a little sense of humor!
Reply/Quote
On long lost members - I sincerely hope we do not get the Umkubas-bot back.

On areas where our new home is better than our old one. This one does not seem to have the propensity to crash during games. And poster wise, the old board degenerated into a endless series of Andy Dalton flame wars (usually started by the same two(?) posters who I don't think came over here), which then resulted in the board being unpleasant to visit. This one has a much better balance in its discussions, and part of that is the whole idea of the "all things" threads (kudos on that).
Reply/Quote
Ukumbus robot. He was my favorite... or it rather.
Reply/Quote