Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Agency expectations?
(03-18-2020, 09:56 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Front Office will make an example of Andy Dalton.  He will not be traded unless the perfect deal drops in their lap.  Instead, he will either back up Joe Burrow or be cut outright — but too late to be picked up as a starter by any competitive teams.  I’m usually not this dark but I’m not optimistic about this.

The Patriots will roll with Jarrett Stidham.
What are you talking about? They love Dalton. They would love nothing more than to send him to a good situation. There is just no market for him. Nobody wants him
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 09:55 PM)phil413 Wrote: Bynes would be a solid recovery as a better Preston  rown.  PFF put up a current top 50, he's #30.  It also lists a lot of box or balanced safeties.   I think they may end up with one of them when the dust clears for close to what Fej got.  With various defensive looks, I like the idea of having another descent rotational safety.  

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-the-50-best-available-nfl-free-agents-in-2020

Bynes would be a decent grab as would Mark Barron if he is still available.

(03-18-2020, 09:56 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Front Office will make an example of Andy Dalton.  He will not be traded unless the perfect deal drops in their lap.  Instead, he will either back up Joe Burrow or be cut outright — but too late to be picked up as a starter by any competitive teams.  I’m usually not this dark but I’m not optimistic about this.

The Patriots will roll with Jarrett Stidham.

The Patriots have never been this stupid. Highly doubt this, they will trade for Andy just so he doesn't test the market.

Andy is much better than Stidham. 3rd rounder for Dalton is my prediction from the Patriots.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 10:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The Patriots have never been this stupid. Highly doubt this, they will trade for Andy just so he doesn't test the market.

Andy is much better than Stidham. 3rd rounder for Dalton is my prediction from the Patriots.

I agree — but I have a foreboding feeling. It might just be the taco chili I had for dinner.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 10:13 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I agree — but I have a foreboding feeling.  It might just be the taco chili I had for dinner.

That will do it. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 10:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That will do it. Mellow

I’m not saying I’m a bad cook but in my house we pray after dinner.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 10:16 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m not saying I’m a bad cook but in my house we pray after dinner.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 09:37 PM)Synric Wrote: https://mobile.twitter.com/ProFootball411

This group has been on scoops so far this week. They said the Bengals have reached out to LB Josh Bynes about an hour ago.

Edit: Also that the Patriots have asked for the medicals for Alex Smith.

Alex Smith.  Now that is a Belichick kind of guy.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 11:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: BenZoo2, I luv you man, but that is a rather lazy response.  You're proposing cutting two starters, to gain one.  Cordy Glenn, who they justifiably already cut, AND cutting a starting CB.  So, the two guys that you mentioned to replace Glenn's roster spot are already gone, and you never even mentioned how you would have replaced a starting CB.

Not to mention how any of this would have worked out, mathematically.  C'mon man, give me something to work with here..

You're right, mostly.  It was a bourbon fueled response.  And this reply is late since I was on vacation last week when free agency started.  I don't see alerts on my iPhone like I do on my iPad.  I was simply going for cutting Glenn and dre to sign Conklin and go for a linebacker.  Draft a CB as this is a deep class.  Of course they more than adequately addressed CB in free agency.

I'll try and do better ?
Reply/Quote