Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Where in the World Will You Be Watching the Game From on Saturday?
Thanks to the OP for dropping this thread; I've always enjoyed picturing the board community sending up Who Deys from all around the world. I don't post a lot, but I enjoy the banter and community here immensely, so thanks to you all too.

My Bengals flag has flown from many a map dot since I left home coinciding with the Marvin Lewis era. I grew up in Clay Co, WV with my mom, and my Dad's always lived in Price Hill on the West Side of Cincinnati (hence my branch of our football family tree.)

Glory and praise to the people who make all the tech magic happen, because as I've moved around the world, I've been able to hustle up a connection, download or satellite to watch ever single game since Carson took his first snap. (I wound up at work selling, or not selling as it were, Dodge Rams in '03 on the superb Sunday that Chaddy guaranteed a win over the Chiefs, and I vowed to figure out a way to never miss a game after.)

At any rate - I ended up in the Australian Outback in 2010, and on the day I met my future wife, I sat outside all night at an Alice Spring hostel with an oversized extension cord trying to pick up a stronger wifi signal while she slept in the bottom bunk of what was my top bed. That was the '49er debacle where Justin Smith got called for a personal foul that allowed them to come back in and win it at the end. I had to leave the stream at the 2:00 warning, and didn't get to pick it back up until 3 days later on my 30th birthday...what a typical SNAFU...but in the interim, we hit Uluru in swags together and the rest is our history.

12 years later we've moved and travelled a lot, but 48hrs a year (sometimes 51), I bribe my wife with buffalo sauce vegan treats and I set us down wherever we find ourselves with some device to watch the games.
-------------------------------------------------
The end of this surreal '21 season has seen us get to visit family and friends in the States since the whole pandemic started. It's been a whirlwind, but we've been watching from:

Mt Kisco, NY: vs Denver

Looneyville, WV: vs B'more

Cincinnati," OH: vs KC (watched at my Dad's house instead of at PBS unfortunately, but good in a nostalgic way all the same)

Montrose, CO: Cleveland

Mt Laguna, CA: Raiders (visiting a good buddy, whose wedding we missed last year, has a cabin in the Cleveland National Forest...first half was at the local cafe run by older French folks whom I convinced to support the team a l'Orange! - I had a fondue burger; second half we got the mobile hotspot working back in the cabin and we watched Joe Knows Football melt a few decades away just like that!)
---------------------------------------------------
Tonight, me and the wife are back at our new home; we're 10 days away from 10 years straight on the road spending every single day together, and this is the first house we've ever bought.

Watching from Scarborough Fair, North Yorkshire, UK.  
Pass Tee, Chase, Uzomah and Ty'me

WHO the f' DEY!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 12:56 AM)Science Friction Wrote: First off , please forgive me. I am new here to the Bengals Board when it comes to  being on here and talking Bengals' football. So I am not too familiar with many of our members as far as where you are from and how long you have been a Bengals' fan.

I am curious as to where many of our folks here will be when you watch the game tomorrow. I figure that most of our posters are from in and around the Queen City/ Northern KY area but I figure also that we have folks here that root for the Stripes from all across the country or maybe even from outside the country. Probably a bunch of you will be in Nashville tomorrow.   Where will you be at when you watch the game tomorrow?

I will be here at my house in my little hometown in SE KY .  We are located close to halfway between Cincy and Music City, about 170 miles from Cincinnati and probably about 220 mi. from Nashville. We are home of the very first KFC and also the home of Cumberland Falls. This was also the childhood home of Bengal punt returner, Trent Taylor .  There are  WAY more Bengals' fans down here than there are Titans' fans.  WE ARE PUMPED DOWN HERE!!!  

I'll be here at home in Southern KY rooting like hell. What about you?

At home in my living room on the big screen on youtubeTV. Just about half and hour away now...YesCheers
Reply/Quote
Watched the game at a bar in New Smyrna Beach, FL. I told my Dad if the Bengals win we're buying the other table of Bengals fans shots. When McPherson stroked it we promptly did that. When we went to pay our tab they had picked up our whole tab and we had drink a lot and ate some wings and what not. Pretty awesome.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote