Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where's DennyG
(12-30-2016, 02:18 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: I didnt mind him. Most of you guys were on his jock strap on that forum. Now hes not here its open season?

Dude was always positive. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. He may have been wrong a lot but damn. Cant a dude actually like his team.

Our fans dont even fill the stadium, let alone have nice chants to yell out during games. Packers chant can be heard on TV, like Ohio states chants.

Bengals fans are too busy hating each other and hating the team to actually like football and cheer for the team. NONE OF US PLAY FOR THEM!!!!!!
Everyone acts like theyre some GM in the waiting. its ridiculous. That said, the whole coaching staff needs to go.

Denny was a clown.  Typing in all caps, the "bank on it" statements like he was sitting in team meetings or the draft room.  If it is possible to have a Napoleon syndrome for an internet message board, he had one.

As for comparing fans of this franchise to fans of Green Bay, there simply is no comparison.  Once this franchise puts forth a team that has even a modicum of Green Bay's success, then you can make that comparison.  Until then... no.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 04:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hey now. I have a girlfriend, a wifey and a side chick.

We're having a 4 way as I type.

Wow! Three hands!  Smirk Nervous
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 04:58 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Although Denny thought that a new board wouldn't work out because Twitter and Facebook would be the better options.

Did he bank on that?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 04:58 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Although Denny thought that a new board wouldn't work out because Twitter and Facebook would be the better options.

Facebook, LOL

Yep the blocker guy went running after the catcher guy, I think it was a foul ball ? But the runner guy didn't hit a home run I heard.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 04:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hey now. I have a girlfriend, a wifey and a side chick.

From Skyline or Gold Star? 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote

Hey now, if you're into foot stuff, don't let me stop you  Mellow

All kidding aside, Denny was just another typical archetype of the board. Every board has them. He was a counterweight to the equally obnoxious negative posters. 
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 07:06 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Wow! Three hands!  Smirk Nervous

Who said anything about hands?  Mellow

(12-30-2016, 07:46 PM)Millhouse Wrote: From Skyline or Gold Star? 

Mmmm...skyline. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 03:17 AM)samhain Wrote: As homerisitc as Denny was about the Bengals, he is the polar opposite with the Reds.  Absolutely never misses an opportunity to take a dump on them on FB.  Votto, Castellini, Price, doesn't matter.  He hates them.  It's pretty hilarious, actually.

Saw this too! Dude was comical in calling the reds cheap when he defends Mike Brown all the time.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
OSU fan was another homer
Reply/Quote
Just my two cents, scroll past if you need... (but)

I have known Denny for a long time. Got to finally meet him and 34 a few seasons back. I consider them both family.

Denny is a Bengals fan. He is a season ticket holding, 24/7 apparel wearing, bleeds orange and black just like all of us on game day. Denny is a good guy in real life, and a true homer, but like a few mentioned about him and the reds, he would roll with the negativity just like all of us, but with the Bengals, it is veered a little different. Only difference for him, (us), other moderators/administrators, we worked/volunteered for the organization. I was/am a positive influence among the others selected to these positions. 34 was very wise and fatherly in sort to show he was with the members in their frustrations and would attend answers were needed to push on. Denny was over-positive... which would lead him down a path that was frowned upon by most negative members, and some other mods (JoefromFlo). Denny, as all of us were directed in a way to promote positivism, and to look on the brighter side, or, there will be another day to fight kind of rhetoric. We all handled our positions differently, but across the board, we all held our positions in high regard to the organization. I was chosen, I wanted to do right by the staff, and promote the organization, and still help fans, or members...for me it was unbelievable.

As you all know, my contribution (mostly) was through signatures. I have been promoting positive sigs since 2005. You would rarely (if ever) saw a signature I made that was in a negative manner. At the same time, I get frustrated. I'm a fan as well...I (personally) just re-group, and go about my mentoring(s) from the admin|moderation intention. That's how it would be...it sucked, it was a game, we needed to move on and a learn from our mistakes and I'm sure you've all heard this before coming from Marvin's press conference.

Joe and Denny and their fighting wasn't real until the end...as it went a little sideways, and then, the moderation was getting on, and a few mods|admins were moving on, and then Bengals_moderator moved on and we got a new team that pursued other forms of social media. That was hard to see what Bengals_moderator, and the admins|mods build for over 8 years that there was a huge shift, and the board was in danger. The negative posts were in massive waves, and even though it was in good banter, the occasional death threat(s) to organizational owner(s) would be a ban-able offense, and then it would stem from there from the newer team taking over the message board found it not-useful, hard to obtain, and feared that these attitudes would extend further to the new social media they were building. When the message board finally went down, those of the Mod|Admin teams were asked to moderate the social outlets, to keep the positivist up, and the negative posts reported. I personally could not follow through ending my ties digitally after years of contribution not only to the message board, but the actual bengals.com website, twitter, and a few select player I was able to help with my 'abilities'.

Thank you very much to the new admin|mod group and members here for allowing me to be me, but it is still hard to be an extreme-negative fan from what I have been through for so long. I miss many former mods| admins|former members from the mothership, and it truly is a(n) island of mis-fit toys, meaning this fan-base deserves more, but are patiently waiting for something to change for the positive. It's easy to find the negative, but it takes time to find the positive...it is there, there is a lesser evil, and there is a greater good. Can't hate on those who always needs that 'brighter-side' or an inkling of hope to carry on.

/rant over, Denny is retired, happily...for better of for worse, he's still one of us...a Bengals fan.

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote

Well....4-ways are a trademark of Cincinnati   Ninja
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote

(12-30-2016, 05:09 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Only because that's what the Gimp's overlords told him to say.

Yessiree...
I am told that there are far more advertising possibilities on FB & Twitter.
Can anyone verify that ?

Anyway, Denny was a nice guy and could take a joke.
He was just star struck after hanging at PBS behind the scenes.
He became a brown-noser,  as he wanted to retain the ability to visit and hopefully more.
Apart from overreacting a bit and deleting posts, I can't blame him for going all RAH RAH !
I'm not the type that nut-rides, but if it made Denny happy.. so be it.

Now, if we want to take a step back and look as an observer, you realize a successful forum needs certain "characters".
Back in the early 90's, I helped friends get forums off of the ground by creating and playing different characters in their forum to raise interest and traffic.

I don't think Denny was a fabrication, but he may have exaggerated his personality to get reactions and raise activity.
Reply/Quote
I'd like to know how did the guy get to ride around with Mike brown and be behind the scenes, like how do you get in there that good, do you have to be rich? Because the guy comes off as rich.

Also I do not like homers and over positive people. Like a guy on my group said perfectly, does it make you a better fan then me that when we lose, you don't take it as hard as me? You aren't hurt or mad as me? And you want nothing less then this team winning something and have some resume to this team that we root for and follow. Cause that's how homers act as it don't effect them. And they are a real fan cause they only say positive. How is that even possible. Does Cleveland have fans who say that I wonder. I've also been told I must not have a life for caring so much and they are winners in real life, and I must not be. I just don't get it.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 07:46 PM)Millhouse Wrote: From Skyline or Gold Star? 

Blue Ash. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 01:37 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I'd like to know how did the guy get to ride around with Mike brown and be behind the scenes, like how do you get in there that good, do you have to be rich?  

You just have to swallow... your pride

[Image: tumblr_m0xu9ptSxt1r2qn3to1_250.gif] 

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 01:37 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I'd like to know how did the guy get to ride around with Mike brown and be behind the scenes, like how do you get in there that good, do you have to be rich?  Because the guy comes off as rich.

Also I do not like homers and over positive people. Like a guy on my group said perfectly, does it make you a better fan then me that when we lose, you don't take it as hard as me?  You aren't hurt or mad as me?  And you want nothing less then this team winning something and have some resume to this team that we root for and follow. Cause that's how homers act as it don't effect them.  And they are a real fan cause they only say positive. How is that even possible. Does Cleveland have fans who say that I wonder. I've also been told I must not have a life for caring so much and they are winners in real life, and I must not be. I just don't get it.

That 2nd paragraph is some great stuff.

After not winning a playoff game for 26+ years...it blows my mind that the Homers can just say 'We'll get them next year' and shrug it off.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 11:16 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: Just my two cents, scroll past if you need... (but)

I have known Denny for a long time. Got to finally meet him and 34 a few seasons back. I consider them both family.

Denny is a Bengals fan. He is a season ticket holding, 24/7 apparel wearing, bleeds orange and black just like all of us on game day. Denny is a good guy in real life, and a true homer, but like a few mentioned about him and the reds, he would roll with the negativity just like all of us, but with the Bengals, it is veered a little different. Only difference for him, (us), other moderators/administrators, we worked/volunteered for the organization. I was/am a positive influence among the others selected to these positions. 34 was very wise and fatherly in sort to show he was with the members in their frustrations and would attend answers were needed to push on. Denny was over-positive... which would lead him down a path that was frowned upon by most negative members, and some other mods (JoefromFlo). Denny, as all of us were directed in a way to promote positivism, and to look on the brighter side, or, there will be another day to fight kind of rhetoric. We all handled our positions differently, but across the board, we all held our positions in high regard to the organization. I was chosen, I wanted to do right by the staff, and promote the organization, and still help fans, or members...for me it was unbelievable.

As you all know, my contribution (mostly) was through signatures. I have been promoting positive sigs since 2005. You would rarely (if ever) saw a signature I made that was in a negative manner. At the same time,  I get frustrated. I'm a fan as well...I (personally) just re-group, and go about my mentoring(s) from the admin|moderation intention. That's how it would be...it sucked, it was a game, we needed to move on and a learn from our mistakes and I'm sure you've all heard this before coming from Marvin's press conference.

Joe and Denny and their fighting wasn't real until the end...as it went a little sideways, and then, the moderation was getting on, and a few mods|admins were moving on, and then Bengals_moderator moved on and we got a new team that pursued other forms of social media. That was hard to see what Bengals_moderator, and the admins|mods build for over 8 years that there was a huge shift, and the board was in danger. The negative posts were in massive waves, and even though it was in good banter, the occasional death threat(s) to organizational owner(s) would be a ban-able offense, and then it would stem from there from the newer team taking over the message board found it not-useful, hard to obtain, and feared that these attitudes would extend further to the new social media they were building. When the message board finally went down, those of the Mod|Admin teams were asked to moderate the social outlets, to keep the positivist up, and the negative posts reported. I personally could not follow through ending my ties digitally after years of contribution not only to the message board, but the actual bengals.com website, twitter, and a few select player I was able to help with my 'abilities'.  

Thank you very much to the new admin|mod group and members here for allowing me to be me, but it is still hard to be an extreme-negative fan from what I have been through for so long. I miss many former mods| admins|former members from the mothership, and it truly is a(n) island of mis-fit toys, meaning this fan-base deserves more, but are patiently waiting for something to change for the positive. It's easy to find the negative, but it takes time to find the positive...it is there, there is a lesser evil, and there is a greater good. Can't hate on those who always needs that 'brighter-side' or an inkling of hope to carry on.

/rant over, Denny is retired, happily...for better of for worse, he's still one of us...a Bengals fan.

Wow...there's a lot of good insight in this if people take the time to read it.

Were you guys paid for the message board or volunteers? Also, if you were volunteers, did the Bengals invite you to events?

It's interesting that they kind of had you guys steer conversations towards positive topics. The old 'We'll live to fight another day' part.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 08:49 PM)J24 Wrote: Saw this too! Dude was comical in calling the reds cheap when he defends Mike Brown all the time.

He is on literally every Reds thread on Facebook hammering them for everything imaginable.  He has to have some kind of very lucrative business deal with the Bengals organization, or just really fell for MB when they met.  

IIRC he was a huge Kasich fanboy before he bailed on Trump after the primary.  Then he started shitting on Kasich, too.  Loyalty is defined differently by different people.
Reply/Quote
Nut-huggers are mentally weak and morally bankrupt.

Fact

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I have noticed the lack of me getting banned sans Denny.. Ahh..the good old days of getting banned for..well..nothing really.. This is the longest I've ever had the same username with the same email address on any Bengals forum.. Coincidence? I think not. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote