Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where's DennyG
(12-30-2016, 02:53 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: All in all he's still a Bengals fan and that tops everything and in reality I could use his positivity right now bc it was a rough season

Who Dey

I'm confident the "G" in DennyG stood for Gimp. 

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 02:44 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: There's nothing wrong with genuine positivity. I've heard from several people "in the know" (I'm not naming names) that Denny's act was exactly that. An act. I never really asked if he was compensated for his services, but we all saw the pics of him riding around with Mikey on the golf cart, etc.

He was a fake, and I'd say it to him on here or to his face irl. I never said it on the old boards because I would've gotten the ban hammer. Heck, he warned me for being too negative after 2010 for Pete's sake.

Exactly,

It wasn't just the being the world's biggest homer. It was acting like he was an insider and knew stuff we didn't that got under a lot of peoples skin, including mine. He was about as much of an insider as I am ! I also got a couple warnings for mentioning MB in posts.

I can remember only one or two times he ever posted anything even remotely negative and that was probably like 07 - 08.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I honestly don't know why the OP dug that guy's name up again.

Yeah, people gave him some crap on the old boards, but some also held their tongues because of the ban hammer.

Denny was the super-homer.

I don't mind someone being positive, it's just that he was so damn smug about it.

Just like his stance that this message board would fail and that we should just jump over to Facebook.

I guess his thinking was right in line with what you'd expect from him.

Gravitate willingly to something that most people loathe and not know why people feel that way.

Lastly I do understand why he was that way. He had a golden ticket with the team.

It's not like he was just gonna toss it out to appease some random message board posters. Whatever
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 02:18 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: I didnt mind him. Most of you guys were on his jock strap on that forum. Now hes not here its open season?

Dude was always positive. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. He may have been wrong a lot but damn. Cant a dude actually like his team.

Our fans dont even fill the stadium, let alone have nice chants to yell out during games. Packers chant can be heard on TV, like Ohio states chants.

Bengals fans are too busy hating each other and hating the team to actually like football and cheer for the team. NONE OF US PLAY FOR THEM!!!!!!
Everyone acts like theyre some GM in the waiting. its ridiculous. That said, the whole coaching staff needs to go.

Smirk .....I think you just explained why the crowds suck anymore.  Let me tell you, you could ABSOLUTELY hear WHO DEY when the Bengals were rocking Riverfront before the "Great Demise".  Bengals fans are sick of Son of Paul's shit.....simple as that.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Is there any doubt that Denny G was a paid Bengals employee intentionally placed on their board and that his instructions were to emulate Hobspin?
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 08:52 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Isn't he a moderator

Not when this board started. He wasn't around for that.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I found Kenny G!

[Image: KennyG.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I saw Denny having a drink with Brian Patteriona at the Montgomery Inn. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 02:18 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: I didnt mind him. Most of you guys were on his jock strap on that forum. Now hes not here its open season?

Dude was always positive. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. He may have been wrong a lot but damn. Cant a dude actually like his team.

Our fans dont even fill the stadium, let alone have nice chants to yell out during games. Packers chant can be heard on TV, like Ohio states chants.

Bengals fans are too busy hating each other and hating the team to actually like football and cheer for the team. NONE OF US PLAY FOR THEM!!!!!!
Everyone acts like theyre some GM in the waiting. its ridiculous. That said, the whole coaching staff needs to go.

I used to like DennyG when i first got on the board but the more i got to know the guy he became as another poster said...

Holier than thou, especially with the realists on that board. People weren't going to call him out on that board, he would ban your ass.

The moderators here are day and night better than DennyG was. These moderators know their shit and that is what a message board is for.

Talking football, not acting like you are better than everybody cause you rode around with MB on a golf cart and always see the positive even
if the coaches suck ballz. Good ole Joe from Flo was a friend with Denny in real life and Denny banned him. I remember that thread when there was quite the genuine hatred coming out of DennyG at Joe, it wasn't pretty bud.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 05:53 AM)Burma Wrote: That was the reason I thought Denny was garbage.  He was the banner waver for the "you're not a true fan" crowd. Oh well, guess his 5 min of fame is up.  Time to get back to selling his carpet or rugs, or bath mats. What ever, he's not significant enough to waste time pondering.

Exactly. I disagree with guys like bfine, Fred, and hammerthis all the time, but I don't hate them. Conversations can get pretty heated on here, but I don't take it personally, and yes...we're all Bengals fans.

Denny was different though. His positivity was contrived and flat out phony. He was a driving force behind the haters vs homers BS that made the old boards almost unreadable at times. He tried to single handedly force the boards into being constant Hobson sunshine and rainbows, and when that didn't work, he tried to alienate all posters with negative takes.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 08:40 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: That guy sucked. He doesn't seem to be around and that's reason# 43 why these boards are better.

I would put that number much higher. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 01:43 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I saw Denny having a drink with Brian Patteriona at the Montgomery Inn. Hilarious

[Image: straw-suck-guy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He's playing RT for the Bengals right now.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 02:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Exactly. I disagree with guys like bfine, Fred, and hammerthis all the time, but I don't hate them. Conversations can get pretty heated on here, but I don't take it personally, and yes...we're all Bengals fans.

Denny was different though. His positivity was contrived and flat out phony. He was a driving force behind the haters vs homers BS that made the old boards almost unreadable at times. He tried to single handedly force the boards into being constant Hobson sunshine and rainbows, and when that didn't work, he tried to alienate all posters with negative takes.

Denny would just flat out delete posts he didn't like or proved him wrong. He would deliberately bait people into arguments; like calling season ticket holders Cleveland Browns fans and then ban them when they got pissed for being called a Browns fan.

Remember the thread he started to claim the fans should be ashamed for not buying tickets?  Denny threatened to ban Burma for questioning his "ability as a moderator" after Burma told him it was against the code of conduct to call out other fans. I told Denny that Burma didn't question his ability as a moderator and Denny banned me. 
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 04:06 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Denny would just flat out delete posts he didn't like or proved him wrong. He would deliberately bait people into arguments; like calling season ticket holders Cleveland Browns fans and then ban them when they got pissed for being called a Browns fan.

Remember the thread he started to claim the fans should be ashamed for not buying tickets?  Denny threatened to ban Burma for questioning his "ability as a moderator" after Burma told him it was against the code of conduct to call out other fans. I told Denny that Burma didn't question his ability as a moderator and Denny banned me. 

Yikes. I like to believe we're much more fair and balanced here. Partially because the.board isn't owned by the team and therefore, no Denny types. I know we've been accused of banning folks for bashing Dalton, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. I can't get into details on specific bannings, but literally everyone that has been banned was banned due to either repeated coc violations or multiple troll accounts. We have a good group here, and no one has to worry about getting banned for their opinion.

I wouldn't be a mod if things were different. I like posting here (obviously) and what fun would posting be if people were afraid to debate me?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Probably banging his good looking wife while people here hurl insults with their girlfriend and side chick, assuming y'all type with two hands.

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 04:17 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Probably banging his good looking wife while people here hurl insults with their girlfriend and side chick, assuming y'all type with two hands.

Ninja

Hey now. I have a girlfriend, a wifey and a side chick.

We're having a 4 way as I type.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 11:28 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Not when this board started. He wasn't around for that.

Although Denny thought that a new board wouldn't work out because Twitter and Facebook would be the better options.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 04:58 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Although Denny thought that a new board wouldn't work out because Twitter and Facebook would be the better options.

Only because that's what the Gimp's overlords told him to say.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 04:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hey now. I have a girlfriend, a wifey and a side chick.

We're having a 4 way as I type.

Reply/Quote