Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where's DennyG
(12-31-2016, 06:00 PM)Burma Wrote: Dansby is a great example of #2. (Not that #2, you delinquents).  Dansby comes to the Bengals in what looks like a solid move that utilizes his coverage skills to bolster a team deficiency.  Once here he seemingly is incapable of performing a skill that he was known for throughout his career.  This isn't a Dansby issue, it's a system fit issue.  What ever the Bengals are asking their coverage LB to do seems to be flawed.  Given the string of failures which the players put into that role have had you would think that the team would reassess either their scheme or the type of players required to excell in the scheme.

Instead what will most likely happen is Hobspin will trot out the Dansby signing as proof of why the Bengals are right in not spending money in free agency. It's such a pathetic cycle of self affirmation from a group that can admit no wrong.  

I see the same thing every day in the faces of self-deluding people unwilling to accept they are at fault. "Well, I would have done "X" but management does "Y", so why should I even bother?" Their failures to succeed in life are always the result of "they" doing something to hold that person back. It's never about the person who failed. Sadly they will live their whole lives with that mindset and never achieve up to their potential, a life wasted in not accepting responsibility and overcoming self made obstacles. The Bengals do this, and they need therapy, not affirmation or fans.

Spot on
Reply/Quote
Harrison was a poor scheme fit too here. He translates more to a DE and they tried using him in pass coverage.

How did he fit? He was willing to sign cheaply.

I think Hawk was done when we signed him. He was playing bad in GB.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 10:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Harrison was a poor scheme fit too here. He translates more to a DE and they tried using him in pass coverage.

How did he fit? He was willing to sign cheaply.

I think Hawk was done when we signed him. He was playing bad in GB.

Is it scheme, coaching, or a disconnect between the coaches and the front office?  The front office signs a free agent pass rusher and then the coaches don't use him to rush the passer. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 05:56 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Exactly lol now I'm not mature,mature guys don't say nothing

Let me be clear about something here:

I am, in no way, "looking down my nose" at anyone.  I don't see anyone as a 'lesser' fan.  I see us all as equal fans.
For somebody to suggest that I would look down on them as a person, is borderline offensive.  
I don't know this turntup guy, and all I know of S&B, is that he is a father of a beautiful child (IIRC, from the old boards)

All I am saying, is that as life goes on, the outcome of GAMES, will mean less and less in the big picture.  Watching the game of football becomes much easier to enjoy when it doesn't cause you to throw fits, and call anybody that doesn't follow your lead a 'sheep'.
(Which is weird, because wanting people to follow your lead, would make them sheep)
Reply/Quote
That only comes with age
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 03:37 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Not very complicated really.

I really don't see why free agency isn't considered a more reliable tool for teams than the draft.

I don't mean to pick on BengalChris, but this is a perfect example of what frustrates me about so many message board members.

They all think that everything about winning football games is simple, and that it is impossible for them to be wrong.  They claim that the only way anyone could possibly disagree with them is if they "don't want to win".

But the fact is that Bill Belichick traded for Ochocinco and signed Albert Haynsworth as a free agent.  Too bad he didn't just ask Bengal Chris who knows how easy it is to judge what a player will do on a different team under different coaches.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 10:00 AM)Harmening Wrote: Let me be clear about something here:

I am, in no way, "looking down my nose" at anyone.  I don't see anyone as a 'lesser' fan.  I see us all as equal fans.
For somebody to suggest that I would look down on them as a person, is borderline offensive.  
I don't know this turntup guy, and all I know of S&B, is that he is a father of a beautiful child (IIRC, from the old boards)

All I am saying, is that as life goes on, the outcome of GAMES, will mean less and less in the big picture.  Watching the game of football becomes much easier to enjoy when it doesn't cause you to throw fits, and call anybody that doesn't follow your lead a 'sheep'.
(Which is weird, because wanting people to follow your lead, would make them sheep)

I don't have any problem with the idea of keeping the game in perspective, I guess I took more issue with you assuming others don't do that. Just because I rip the team or get angry about the results on a message board doesn't mean I don't have my priorities in line.

In short, making assumptions about my personal life due to posts I make about a football team is kinda silly IMO. Appreciate the compliment towards my kids though. Thank you.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Found this awhile back, I'm sure it'll be good for a few laughs.

http://csicable.net/~bengalsmessageboard/whodennyrevolution.html
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 02:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Found this awhile back, I'm sure it'll be good for a few laughs.

http://csicable.net/~bengalsmessageboard/whodennyrevolution.html

Where the Denny character was born. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 01:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't mean to pick on BengalChris, but this is a perfect example of what frustrates me about so many message board members.

They all think that everything about winning football games is simple, and that it is impossible for them to be wrong.  They claim that the only way anyone could possibly disagree with them is if they "don't want to win".

But the fact is that Bill Belichick traded for Ochocinco and signed Albert Haynsworth as a free agent.  Too bad he didn't just ask Bengal Chris who knows how easy it is to judge what a player will do on a different team under different coaches.

Of course you do.

Haynesworth was a known headcase and Belichick thought he could put him in line.

Ochocinco didn't fit their system. NE runs a lot of highly timed routes where as Chad never really could do that.

Two mistakes by Belichick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 02:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Exactly. I disagree with guys like bfine, Fred, and hammerthis all the time, but I don't hate them. Conversations can get pretty heated on here, but I don't take it personally, and yes...we're all Bengals fans.

Denny was different though. His positivity was contrived and flat out phony. He was a driving force behind the haters vs homers BS that made the old boards almost unreadable at times. He tried to single handedly force the boards into being constant Hobson sunshine and rainbows, and when that didn't work, he tried to alienate all posters with negative takes.

Yeah but thats why you and the other moderators are great on here. You let people express how they feel no matter how right or wrong you feel it is. Thats the way it should be. 

Denny was one of those guys who thought he was more important than he was. We all grow up in this world around people who name drop to make themselves feel more important in life. Denny was one of those guys. 

I did like 34 as a moderator on the other board though as a mod. He was excellent and saw both sides and I never saw him belittle anyone for their opinion. 
Reply/Quote
I still think Harrison came here just to spy.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 10:00 AM)Harmening Wrote: Let me be clear about something here:

Ok well I don't know you either,it's hard for me to even remember a name on this board unless they really stick out. All you said was there's fans that handle it more mature. So that's insinuating anybody who complains or makes suggestions on how to change, or maybe they show their frustration is immature. Like I said I see a lot of fans that act like they don't care i we lose and they act as if they are better, maybe not you.but that's how they come off. I hear all the time "I'm a real fan I support them win or lose" . "Why don't you go be a browns fan if you don't like it " you hhear it on every Bengals forum there is. I don't like my tteam not winning big games and playoff games, but some has accepted it as success cause of the 90s we bengals fans are constantly going at each other lol.but I see that you have chosen to shut off all emotion with them and worry only about real life. 
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 06:17 PM)GodFather Wrote: Yeah but thats why you and the other moderators are great on here...

[Image: tumblr_lwsazawxa51qht847.png?w=490&h=409]
Reply/Quote
There are fans on here that are 26 years old that haven't been alive for a Bengals playoff win.

Guys like myself and Shake that are mid-30's haven't had a playoff win since we were little kids.

I don't think there's anything wrong with criticizing some of the Bengals strategies. Do you think Enron stockholders were like...it's going to turn around next year?
Reply/Quote
5 pages trashing a guy that existed on a previous Bengals online message board and who isn't even a part of the current one.

What grade are we in again?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
the delusional bengals homer? glad he isnt here lol
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 11:41 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Yessiree...
I am told that there are far more advertising possibilities on FB & Twitter.
Can anyone verify that ?

Anyway, Denny was a nice guy and could take a joke.
He was just star struck after hanging at PBS behind the scenes.
He became a brown-noser,  as he wanted to retain the ability to visit and hopefully more.
Apart from overreacting a bit and deleting posts, I can't blame him for going all RAH RAH !
I'm not the type that nut-rides, but if it made Denny happy.. so be it.

Now, if we want to take a step back and look as an observer, you realize a successful forum needs certain "characters".
Back in the early 90's, I helped friends get forums off of the ground by creating and playing different characters in their forum to raise interest and traffic.

I don't think Denny was a fabrication, but he may have exaggerated his personality to get reactions and raise activity.

One of my very good friends works for the Bengals organization. I wont say what he/she does in order to protect them, but they told me getting rid of the message boards was strictly a financial decision. 

Apparently most everything that had to do with the boards was outsourced and the organization saw no value in it. Cost cutting at its finest. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 06:34 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: One of my very good friends works for the Bengals organization. I wont say what he/she does in order to protect them, but they told me getting rid of the message boards was strictly a financial decision. 

Apparently most everything that had to do with the boards was outsourced and the organization saw no value in it. Cost cutting at its finest. 
Thanks.
I know a guy, who's son works with the team, but not near the office realm.
I'm going to say NFL demanding uniformity was a factor, as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 06:34 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: One of my very good friends works for the Bengals organization. I wont say what he/she does in order to protect them, but they told me getting rid of the message boards was strictly a financial decision. 

Mike Brown has never recognized rhe value of engaging the fans. 
Reply/Quote