Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where will Dalton go? Place your bets...
Now that the Bears are apparently signing Foles, the Bucs have Brady (can't believe I just typed that), the Chargers are looking at Cam Newton....Where will Dalton end up?

Would it make sense for Jacksonville to sign him?

Will he actually go to the Pats?

Could Miami get screwed out of Tua, and sign him as a stop-gap (having to give a pick in 2021 for him)?

Is there a dark horse team....Denver or Oakland? I really doubt it...

It looks right now, to me, like it would most likely be the Pats but they are only competing against the likes of (possibly) the Jags. Jameis Winston is also out there, although I don't see him as a fit for the Pats at all. New England will likely just wait until after the draft to see what shakes out and the Bengals will have to dump him. One thing is for sure...and dreams of a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him are all but gone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think he goes to the Patriots
Reply/Quote
I usually have a pretty strong opinion on almost every issue, but I have no clue where Dalton will end up.

I am starting to think Mike will hold onto him hoping that he can get something before the trade deadline when another team loses a starting QB to injury. I think it would be cray to pay a back up QB $17 million but I think Mike will be influenced by how well that worked out with Palmer.
Reply/Quote
I think he will end up a Patriot.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 04:48 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Now that the Bears are apparently signing Foles, the Bucs have Brady (can't believe I just typed that), the Chargers are looking at Cam Newton....Where will Dalton end up?

Would it make sense for Jacksonville to sign him?

Will he actually go to the Pats?

Could Miami get screwed out of Tua, and sign him as a stop-gap (having to give a pick in 2021 for him)?

Is there a dark horse team....Denver or Oakland?  I really doubt it...

It looks right now, to me, like it would most likely be the Pats but they are only competing against the likes of (possibly) the Jags.  Jameis Winston is also out there, although I don't see him as a fit for the Pats at all.  New England will likely just wait until after the draft to see what shakes out and the Bengals will have to dump him.  One thing is for sure...and dreams of a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him are all but gone.

It really depends. They've made a big enough splash in FA that they could decide to sit on him until the season and try to dump him on a team that has their QB go down.  Or they could have him mentor Burrow for a year and take the comp pick when he leaves in FA.
Reply/Quote
Might just be a draft day trade
Reply/Quote
If I had to bet right now I'd say NE. But any of half a dozen teams wouldn't surprise me.
Reply/Quote
Bengal bench.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 07:18 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Bengal bench.

IMO, you're half right.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Dalton will probably end up with the Patriots. They will basically rent him a year until they draft a new QB in 2021. I'm thinking they want the guy from Clemson.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Patriots.
Reply/Quote
Isn't Jay Gruden the OC in Jax now? I know they're strapped for money; but, are they only going to start the year with Mustache???

If they could make the money work, I'm sure Gruden would rather have Dalton at the helm.
Reply/Quote
Right now, I'd give the odds to the Patriots, with the Jags a distant second.

Who should have made a move for Andy, but chose to shoot themselves in the foot by extending their existing QB instead? The Minnesota Vikings. Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Yeah the Pats have a ton of principle invested in their OL and still have moves to make. Thuney for Dalton makes too much sense. Cincy posturing for a throw late pick and both sides willing to see how it plays out.

It says something that even with their OL they still bid on keeping Ted Karras for 2 years. Both sides know this is the easiest thing. NE can parlay some of their picks into affordable vets (Gabe Jackson? Other needs?) and have the right bridge QB in place with an extension if he earns it.

Cincy gets their local star OL to give stability to the line, and work on a long term deal to keep rushers from Burrow. Forget the Wynn pipe, Thuney for Dalton makes too much sense.
Reply/Quote
I predict that he will step away from football to focus on his restaurant in Kentucky...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Are some teams going to gamble to see if Cincy cuts Dalton to free up cap space? Would the front office do that or hold on to him in hopes of a trade and pay him an absorbent amount for a backup?

I think were going to be lucky to get a 4th rounder for him. I cant see us doing any better and quite frankly a 4th rounder is better than nothing. At this point who would take him with alot of the other teams signing other QB's? If the Pats sign someone else theres going to be alot of pondering on what to do with Dalton in the coming weeks.
Reply/Quote
Patriots for picks #195, and #213. Both are 6th rd picks the bengals may be able then to use one of them to move up/ maneuver in a round
Reply/Quote
I'm going to guess the Jags. He had some really
Productive years under Gruden
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 09:29 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I'm going to guess the Jags. He had some really
Productive years under Gruden

Would be under similar circumstances too... Chark is an up and coming AJ Green type WR.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 07:18 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Bengal bench.

Everybody knows Mike hates the unknown. We don’t know when the off-season will begin or how long it will be. Bringing our prized #1 pick in and throwing him to the wolves with barely any practice and time in the system could be a bad recipe.

I think right now Dalton the mentor has a better chance than anything.
Reply/Quote