Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Which QB do you think Zac would draft?
So based on what we know off Zac, IF he went QB who would it be?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 08:04 PM)Joelist Wrote: So based on what we know off Zac, IF he went QB who would it be?

Herbert probably.  

I wouldn't mind Hurts in the second, but the only guy I'd really want in the first is Burrow.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow is about to enter a tough part to LSU's schedule. They have Florida, Auburn, and Alabama coming up...

If he can get through that part of the schedule and keep up what he's doing ill be on the Burrow Bandwagon.

Tua has Texas A&M, LSU, and Auburn.
Fromm has Florida, Auburn, and Texas A&M
Herbert really doesnt have a tough schedule left...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 07:49 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: I think you might want to look at your post again, tell me what you think is wrong with your reasoning. 

Maybe my analysis isn't as off as you think it is.  I get it you love Mahomes, but with no pressure and 0 sacks.... he is still scrambling?  Why?

Nothing is wrong with my post. Any good QB, after a period of time, is going to flee the pocket if no one is open. No one just stands back there forever. Plus, if no one is open and there's green in front of you, why not run?

Your point was, he's not a pocket passer and he will struggle if you keep him there. The numbers actually show you are completely wrong. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 08:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nothing is wrong with my post. Any good QB, after a period of time, is going to flee the pocket if no one is open. No one just stands back there forever. Plus, if no one is open and there's green in front of you, why not run?

Your point was, he's not a pocket passer and he will struggle if you keep him there. The numbers actually show you are completely wrong. 

The numbers that you are showing are the times when he has 0 pressure.  So sure... go with your wrong assessment.  Keep loving you some Mahomes. 

The truth is that when he was forced in staying in the pocket, due to his bum ankle, he overthrew his WRs by a much greater margin than he should have.  The defense knew he couldn't escape the pocket because of his ankle and so they played him the way they would play a pocket passer like Brady or Dalton or Brees, which means he rushed his throws to compensate for his inability to escape.  They got more pressure on him and while under duress, without his natural scrambling abilities, with his WRs not getting wide open, he missed his targets.

The Colts did keep the ball a long time, but it wasn't like they were scoring TDs, they only scored FGs.  So Mahomes should have been able to stand in the pocket and deliver strikes, leading his team to a win, right?  He had his chances in that game, but failed because he was made to stay in the pocket.  Luckily for the Colts it was due to his ankle injury, since they weren't keeping him in.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 08:39 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: The truth is that when he was forced in staying in the pocket, due to his bum ankle, he overthrew his WRs by a much greater margin than he should have.  

LOL!!!

But all silliness aside. The Colts had a good game plan and executed well and the Chiefs were due for a clunker. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I say we give Ryan Finley a shot at some point this season to see what we have.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 09:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: LOL!!!

But all silliness aside. The Colts had a good game plan and executed well and the Chiefs were due for a clunker. 

I don't know that his analysis is that far off. Mahommes is at his best improvising and extending plays. Changing arm angles, release points, left handed, on the run, that's when Pat is the best from what I've seen. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'm sure this has been said in this thread.

But, why do we care??? Whoever he picks will just be hurt all of his rookie year anyways!
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 10:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: I don't know that his analysis is that far off. Mahommes is at his best improvising and extending plays. Changing arm angles, release points, left handed, on the run, that's when Pat is the best from what I've seen. 

He's pretty good whatever he does. Oswald said that he wasn't a good pocket passer. He's definitely a good pocket passer, proven by the numbers i provided. People just always remember the crazy plays more than the simple drop back and throw it 10-20 yards down field. 

I dare anyone to watch this video and then come back to try and tell me he can't stand in the pocket, scan the field and pick you apart. 

He, Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson are the 3 best QBs in the NFL right now. 

Reply/Quote
I think we need to give Finley a look. The first video pretty much says he was the most underrated QB last year and explains why. Many reaspons but a big one is his pocket presence and awareness. The second video are highlights of preseason week 2, which makes the guy who made the first video look like he knows what hes talking about. I know its just preseason but its still better competition than he faced at NCST and he looked great

We should give this dude a chance.
Reply/Quote
I'm not really that into any of the QBs this year except Burrow

Wins and losses in the NCAA dont mean as much because the good teams are stacked with talent and are a lot of times just system players.

In the end QB is the biggest crap shoot of all and its real easy to ruin one if he is taking punishment when hes young. I'm just not a fan of spending a top 3 pick on a total lottery ticket when we could nab the best(safe) OT that would also fulfill a need. Yes OTs flame out too but not at the rate of QBs. Fix the line see what happens whether its Finley or Dalton. if you fail again then go after the QB after you fix the line and spend some attention on D.

If they go 0-7 you fire sale anyone on or about to get a 3rd contract and get as many draft picks for 2020 and 2021 as possible.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 10:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He's pretty good whatever he does. Oswald said that he wasn't a good pocket passer. He's definitely a good pocket passer, proven by the numbers i provided. People just always remember the crazy plays more than the simple drop back and throw it 10-20 yards down field. 

I dare anyone to watch this video and then come back to try and tell me he can't stand in the pocket, scan the field and pick you apart. 

He, Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson are the 3 best QBs in the NFL right now. 

A highlight reel doesn't really mean anything.  Your numbers were when he faced 0 pressure... that is 0.  0. ZERO. zero. pressure.  My analysis is taking into account the times he is in the pocket and stays in the pocket, while getting pressured and then delivering.

Yikes... You have these 3 above Brady, Brees, and Rodgers?  That isn't even counting Rivers, Ryan and possibly even Goff.  I wouldn't even count out Minshew (who has been surprising) and Kyle Allen (who is making Panthers fans forget about Cam).

Seems like you are a highlight reel guy and if the QBs can scramble around and then throw a 20 yard pass to a completely wide open WR, then you just gush and fall to pieces.  I get why you like Mahomes, I understand.  However he isn't a perfect QB and he does have some flaws.  It is silly to pretend otherwise.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 01:11 AM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: A highlight reel doesn't really mean anything.  Your numbers were when he faced 0 pressure... that is 0.  0. ZERO. zero. pressure.  My analysis is taking into account the times he is in the pocket and stays in the pocket, while getting pressured and then delivering.

Yikes... You have these 3 above Brady, Brees, and Rodgers?  That isn't even counting Rivers, Ryan and possibly even Goff.  I wouldn't even count out Minshew (who has been surprising) and Kyle Allen (who is making Panthers fans forget about Cam).

Seems like you are a highlight reel guy and if the QBs can scramble around and then throw a 20 yard pass to a completely wide open WR, then you just gush and fall to pieces. I get why you like Mahomes, I understand.  However he isn't a perfect QB and he does have some flaws.  It is silly to pretend otherwise.

Why don't you try posting something with substance instead of all that BS. Until you do, i'm done tossing you around like a rag doll. 

I just posted an 18 minute video that shows him in every circumstance you can imagine and all you can come back with is "herp derp". Best thing to do is just hush about it and go back to whatever you were doing before, because you have jack shit except stupid comments like what's highlighted (quick question; what are you, 12 years old?) and even more stupid comments like i'm 'pretending he doesn't have flaws'. 

You said he wasn't a good pocket passer and you were wrong. Deal with it. 

Reply/Quote
Lets be honest, knowing this team it will likely be a guy who would still be there in the third round.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 05:35 AM)Brandon00151 Wrote: Lets be honest, knowing this team it will likely be a guy who would still be there in the third round.

I actually think they’ve done pretty well with their last two early round QB picks.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 05:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I actually think they’ve done pretty well with their last two early round QB picks.

This.

We have been remarkably stable at QB.  How many teams have drafted a round 1 QB bust since we drafted Palmer.

Then to have to be under pressure to immediately find a replacement and to pick Dalton in rd 2 and seamlessly transition...that's pretty rare.
Reply/Quote
We've got three supposed QB gurus on our coaching staff. I would hope with that kind of think-tank, they'll settle on the right guy.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 10:23 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I'm sure this has been said in this thread.

But, why do we care??? Whoever he picks will just be hurt all of his rookie year anyways!

Not if we draft them in the 2nd round..
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 03:13 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why don't you try posting something with substance instead of all that BS. Until you do, i'm done tossing you around like a rag doll. 

I just posted an 18 minute video that shows him in every circumstance you can imagine and all you can come back with is "herp derp". Best thing to do is just hush about it and go back to whatever you were doing before, because you have jack shit except stupid comments like what's highlighted (quick question; what are you, 12 years old?) and even more stupid comments like i'm 'pretending he doesn't have flaws'. 

You said he wasn't a good pocket passer and you were wrong. Deal with it. 

A highlight reel.... seriously a highlight reel.

From what has been said to you by myself and at least 1 other fan, it sounds like you are the rag doll.

I said he wasn't a good pocket passer and he isn't.  The Colts showed that.  If he was a good pocket passer, then the Chiefs would have won with him throwing very accurate passes.  He didn't.  Truth hurts.
Reply/Quote