Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which former (non-HOF) Bengal player would you add to the current roster?
Probably Reggie Williams. Fulcher or Bobby Kemp come to mind also.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Considering the biggest liability on the team right now is the right side of our offensive line, I’ll say Willie Anderson.
Reply/Quote
We are not in need of any skill position and last year shows us how badly you need an offensive line. Lap he is plug and play at every spot on the O-line.
Reply/Quote
Willie Anderson has my vote too. I think linebackers are going to be fine going forward with Tez back and Brown, hopefully, getting over his ankle injury soon.
Reply/Quote
Willie Anderson easily
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 09:52 AM)GreenDragon Wrote: This could have been a thing. They traded Chad when they drafted AJ.

I’m talking prime Chad. Chad and AJ together in their primes would have been unstoppable. And would have been up there on the list of greatest WR duos of all time.

Reply/Quote
Dan Ross on offense. Reggie Williams on defense
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Put me in the Big Willie camp
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 09:52 AM)GreenDragon Wrote: This could have been a thing. They traded Chad when they drafted AJ.

Somehow it was on madden... dont remember which... 2011?? Chris Henry was on it too... and to was a fa.. if only...
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 11:04 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: They'd be in their prime, no injury issues.

I'm torn between a prime Whitworth or prime Willie Anderson. One of the bookends. Thought this would be a fun discussion as we head into the highly anticipated weekend...

Wish we could chose two because Willie Anderson and Takeo Spikes would be all we need with this roster
Reply/Quote
Max Montoya, RG position fixed! On D, Tim Krumrie!
Reply/Quote
How good was Reggie Kelly?
I dont remember much about him as a TE except he was good at blocking... can't remember how good though.
I know he didn't do much catching... that may be an understatement.
Reply/Quote
no injury issues.....

Eifert!
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I'll go with Rich Braham even though we have decent centers.
I think having a center that knows how to make adjustments works wonders for a unit.
Reply/Quote
I want 3.  Whit, Willie and Spikes.

But if it's one I'd take Spikes.   He'd fill up the hole in the middle.  A 3 down backer with smarts, intensity and who can shed and cover.

He would legitimize our defense between the line and the secondary next to Tez.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 11:44 AM)804 fan Wrote: Wish we could chose two because Willie Anderson and Takeo Spikes would be all we need with this roster

Agreed, Spikes would be an awesome addition to the LB core !
Reply/Quote
Whit is more valuable than Willie, but right now I see RT as a much bigger need than LT. So give me Willie.

BTW Odell Thurman is one of the most overrated Bengals ever. Stepped into a few big turnovers, but was not really that good of a LB. That '05 defense was 28th in yards allowed. Teams rolled up and down the field on us.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 11:51 AM)CoCoNuT Wrote: How good was Reggie Kelly?
I dont remember much about him as a TE except he was good at blocking... can't remember how good though.
I know he didn't do much catching... that may be an understatement.

"“Reggie’s very special. I know that a lot of people didn’t quite see the value in Reggie,” Bratkowski said. I know more than once, (Jets head coach) Rex Ryan has complimented Reggie in that he said he’s never had an answer for him. He was the one guy, when they played us, because of what we did with Reggie in the pass protection and the run game, he’s given that compliment to Reggie. We think highly of Reggie, and other people do as well. I think that door still may be open. If it is, great.”"
Reply/Quote
Boomer. The old last season before he went into the booth version. Krumrie on defense.
Reply/Quote
As much as I'd want Big Willie to shore up that right side of the o-line, having a prime Chad Johnson with AJ Green is too much to resist.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote