Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White House bans CNN reporter from press conference
(10-10-2018, 02:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Everyone has sinned and fallen short of the grace of God and God does not see bad people. So that stance is one of those Red Birdy things though I doubt anyone else here will call you out on it

As I said: provide me with example(s) of someone who is bad solely because they think it is OK to rape babies. It is troubling where your mind wonders at times.

Because anyone who thinks that raping babies is ok is a bad person.

They didn't do a bad thing.

Nobody knows what they are thinking.

But they are still bad people because that is a bad thing to think is "ok".

Can they be convicted?  No.  

I do wonder how long you will continue this charade to defend a bad idea on your part.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-10-2018, 02:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What difference does it make if everyone sins?  God says thoughts are sins even without actions. And sinners deserve punishment.  So that means sinners are bad.

What difference would a specific example make? 

It is troubling that you don't have any problem with w person who thinks it is okay to rape babies.
Because it is about forgiveness. God does not have a list of who is good and who is bad. He has a list of those that have accepted the offered salvation. Also, I have clearly said a number of times in the back and forth "this society". So why are you misrepresenting my argument/ Pat is going to be mad.

You've got to let me know who it is so I can determine if I have a problem with them. See you cannot, because solely a person's thoughts do not make them a bad person in our society.

This was the original thought. yet, you and the Atts are twisting it in every way possible to make it wrong. You'll try to add: well if they do this in conjunction with the action, well God knows you're a bad person, well if a tree falls (an action). it's really not a partisan issue and I will now take the advice I gave my self a few pages ago; yet, did not have the self-discipline to follow through. I will yield. Just know in my opinion thought alone cannot make a bad person in our society. Obviously you and Matt disagree. Not sure if Pat disagrees with the point or just wants to disagree with my presentation of the point.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-10-2018, 02:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: Because anyone who thinks that raping babies is ok is a bad person.

They didn't do a bad thing.

Nobody knows what they are thinking.

But they are still bad people because that is a bad thing to think is "ok".

Can they be convicted?  No.  

I do wonder how long you will continue this charade to defend a bad idea on your part.

Really they don't need a 4th. Fred, Matt, and Pat have done a fine job of twisting the initial point.

(10-10-2018, 03:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Really they don't need a 4th. Fred, Matt, and Pat have done a fine job of twisting the initial point.

Hilarious
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-10-2018, 02:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You've got to let me know who it is so I can determine if I have a problem with them. See you cannot, because solely a person's thoughts do not make them a bad person in our society.

The reason I can not give you an example is because I don't know anyone who believes it is okay to rape babies, but I know they are out there because babies get raped.

If thoughts are not bad then why are you in favor of banning radical Islamist from entering our country.  Why should we hold their thoughts against them if they have not actively attempted to take over our government yet?
(10-10-2018, 02:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What difference does it make if everyone sins?  God says thoughts are sins even without actions. And sinners deserve punishment.  So that means sinners are bad.

What difference would a specific example make? 

It is troubling that you don't have any problem with w person who thinks it is okay to rape babies.

So strange what this thread has morphed into.

First, Everyone has a bad thought now and then, both good and bad people, this is normal and does not make you a good or bad person.
Evil THOUGHTS are only a harm to oneself.
Repetitive bad ACTIONS make a person bad.
(10-10-2018, 04:05 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: So strange what this thread has morphed into.

First, Everyone has a bad thought now and then, both good and bad people, this is normal and does not make you a good or bad person.

But we have agreement that bad thoughts can make a person bad in our discussion. Bfine just feels that it requires the action of at least telling someone to make the person bad whereas I feel that it does not require that action of telling another person. So now you are presenting a third argument that says not only does the thought require action, but it requires acting ON the thought (not just telling someone) and it requires repetition.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-10-2018, 04:51 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: But we have agreement that bad thoughts can make a person bad in our discussion. Bfine just feels that it requires the action of at least telling someone to make the person bad whereas I feel that it does not require that action of telling another person. So now you are presenting a third argument that says not only does the thought require action, but it requires acting ON the thought (not just telling someone) and it requires repetition.

In the eyes of our society.

I pointed this out way back in post #182 when I countered your first example of shooting a dog and have done so numerous times since. At least get my stance correct if you are going to reference it.

(10-10-2018, 04:05 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: So strange what this thread has morphed into.

It's not always bad when threads morph and obviously I have entertained this one. The original idea came about talking about good people/bad people in prison. And my assertion was in this society it is your deeds not your thoughts that make you a "bad person" aka one worthy of being incarcerated.

It turned into a WWJD and thought combined with action. As to your point it really only takes 1 action and can be as little as letting your vile thoughts be made public. While it is true good people to bad things from time to time; it is not our job to regulate morality.

(10-10-2018, 05:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: In the eyes of our society.

I pointed this out way back in post #182 when I countered your first example of shooting a dog and have done so numerous times since. At least get my stance correct if you are going to reference it.

You don't speak for "our society".  You only speak for yourself.

If someone says they think it is okay to rape children they are going to be labeled a "bad person" by our society and it has nothing to do with the "action" of speaking the words.  In fact someone else can speak the words.  It is the thoughts that will get you labeled as a "bad" person.

(10-10-2018, 05:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You don't speak for "our society".  You only speak for yourself.

If someone says they think it is okay to rape children they are going to be labeled a "bad person" by our society and it has nothing to do with the "action" of speaking the words.  In fact someone else can speak the words.  It is the thoughts that will get you labeled as a "bad" person.

And you are speaking for yourself not all societies. Not all people and/or societies have the same beliefs as you. So who is right and who is wrong? There is also societies within societies so it's a never ending loop.

There are some that believe it is ok to rape children as long as you marry that child. Some believe it is ok to marry children. Some believe it is ok to eat people. Some murder babies cause their is already too many mouths to feed.

That is the society norm for them and it is OK with them, and who are you to tell them it is not OK?

People are the same. Some think it's ok to do this things, and it's not "bad" to them, where others find it "bad".
(10-10-2018, 05:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's not always bad when threads morph and obviously I have entertained this one. The original idea came about talking about good people/bad people in prison. And my assertion was in this society it is your deeds not your thoughts that make you a "bad person" aka one worthy of being incarcerated.

It turned into a WWJD and thought combined with action. As to your point it really only takes 1 action and can be as little as letting your vile thoughts be made public. While it is true good people to bad things from time to time; it is not our job to regulate morality.

There are days I wish certain people would die, and I will vocalize it as well.
Does that make me a bad person worthy of incarceration even though I have never acted on it?

According to some yes, others no. I have not committed any crimes or broke a law. Just had those bad thoughts and shared them.
(10-10-2018, 05:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You don't speak for "our society".  You only speak for yourself.

As Fred speaks for society.

Let's try out your newest twist:

Fredtoast thinks it's OK to rape children

(10-10-2018, 06:04 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: And you are speaking for yourself not all societies. Not all people and/or societies have the same beliefs as you. So who is right and who is wrong? There is also societies within societies so it's a never ending loop.

There are some that believe it is ok to rape children as long as you marry that child. Some believe it is ok to marry children. Some believe it is ok to eat people. Some murder babies cause their is already too many mouths to feed.

That is the society norm for them and it is OK with them, and who are you to tell them it is not OK?

People are the same. Some think it's ok to do this things, and it's not "bad" to them, where others find it "bad".

Bfine made a big deal about making his claim about "in our society" and in our society if you think it is okay to rape babies then you are considered a bad person.  I can't believe you guys are trying to argue that this is not true.
(10-10-2018, 06:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As Fred speaks for society.

Let's try out your newest twist:

Fredtoast thinks it's OK to rape children

If you really want to test this out I will make a post on Facebook to see how many people agree with me.

I say you are full of crap and an overwhelming majority of people will say that a person whomthinks it is okay to rape babies will be labeled a bad person.

What are you willing to bet on the outcome?  You like to talk a lot of shit, but lets see what you will put behind your words.  I get to control your sig for a month if I am right, how does that sound?
(10-10-2018, 06:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If you really want to test this out I will make a post on Facebook to see how many people agree with me.

I say you are full of crap and an overwhelming majority of people will say that a person whomthinks it is okay to rape babies will be labeled a bad person.

What are you willing to bet on the outcome?  You like to talk a lot of shit, but lets see what you will put behind your words.  I get to control your sig for a month if I am right, how does that sound?

Sure, but first you have to state how you know they think it's OK to rape babies. I know it's the Leftist thing to do, but we should really have proof. 

(10-10-2018, 06:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure, but first you have to state how you know they think it's OK to rape babies. I know it's the Leftist thing to do, but we should really have proof. 

I don't even have to say that I know.  So your point is moot.  Here is all I will post.

"If someone thinks it is okay to rape babies does that make him a bad person?"

No need to make it complicated or add and red "BIRDIES" Hilarious LMAO Hilarious
The question is flawed because there is nobody in the world that thinks it is ok to rape babies that has not conducted some sort of action to support this thought.

Why don't you just show them a picture of 2 people and say. One of these 2 is a bad person because one of them thinks it is OK to rape babies (I do not like using your hypothetical thought; it is crass) which one is it?

Wouldn't that be a better indicator on how they are viewed in society? Here's a hint they're not going to know which one it is.

(10-11-2018, 10:18 AM)fredtoast Wrote: That is the most ridiculous idea I have ever heard.

Nothing we have discussed has had anything to do with judging people just by their appearance.

I smell chickenshit.

Of course it does. What else do we have to go by; if someone doesn't make their thoughts known through words or deed.

(10-11-2018, 10:29 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course it does. What else do we have to go by; if someone doesn't make their thoughts known through words or deed.

What we have to go by is the facts in the hypothetical.  It is a given.  In fact if you want I can phrase the question like this.

"If someone thinks it is okay to rape babies is he a bad person even if he does not tell anyone."

Ready for the bet now?