Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White House bans CNN reporter from press conference
Maybe Trump shut her down because he didn't want to be called a gay slur:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/10/08/kaitlan-collins-homophobic-tweets/1567581002/

Quote:Collins' apology came after screengrabs of two tweets she apparently sent in 2011 began to circulate on social media Sunday. The official account of the Log Cabin Republicans, "the nation’s largest Republican organization dedicated to representing LGBT conservatives and allies," was one of the groups to first share the tweets.

In one tweet, she wrote, "Prologue to Canterbury Tales, you ***." In another, she writes that she doesn't know if she wants to "room with a lesbian."
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-08-2018, 05:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe Trump shut her down because he didn't want to be called a gay slur:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/10/08/kaitlan-collins-homophobic-tweets/1567581002/

Sure.  That's it. Kudos for the right only taking 2-1/2 months to find something to prove she wasn't a perfect person though.

Still I presume she is innocent of these charges.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-08-2018, 05:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe Trump shut her down because he didn't want to be called a gay slur:

The guy who picked Mike Pence as his running mate?

Nah.  I don't think he would have any problem with gay slurs.
(10-08-2018, 05:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: Sure.  That's it.  Kudos for the right only taking 2-1/2 months to find something to prove she wasn't a perfect person though.

Still I presume she is innocent of these charges.   Mellow

Nah, she freely admitted she tweeted them. She also said that's not who she is anymore and I'm willing to presume she is being honest. 

The folks that shared this tweet are huge supporters of the LBGT community. Are you suggesting they should have remained silent? 

1- Are you saying Trump is gay?
2- I thought the whole point about voting for Trump was so people could be offensive again? What was the point of electing the guy if not to be able to call someone an *** to the masses, or to question whether you want to sleep next to a homosexual? 
(10-08-2018, 06:57 PM)Benton Wrote: 1- Are you saying Trump is gay?
2- I thought the whole point about voting for Trump was so people could be offensive again? What was the point of electing the guy if not to be able to call someone an *** to the masses, or to question whether you want to sleep next to a homosexual? 

1. I have no idea. I will say he doesn't appear to be. Unsure what that has to do with being called a gay slur.

2. No one has ever accused you of not missing the point. 

(10-08-2018, 06:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nah, she freely admitted she tweeted them. She also said that's not who she is anymore and I'm willing to presume she is being honest. 

Good for her. She more qualified to sit on the SC than Kavanaugh then. ThumbsUp

(10-08-2018, 06:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The folks that shared this tweet are huge supporters of the LBGT community. Are you suggesting they should have remained silent? 

Heavens no! I'm suggesting that YOU used it as a way to slur someone that president slighted because you have to dig up 3 month old threads to defend Trump at any cost. Smirk
(10-08-2018, 11:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: Good for her.  She more qualified to sit on the SC than Kavanaugh then.  ThumbsUp

Heavens no!  I'm suggesting that YOU used it as a way to slur someone that president slighted because you have to dig up 3 month old threads to defend Trump at any cost.  Smirk

If you assert apologizing for using gay slurs makes one more qualified to sit SCOTUS than someone with Kav's credentials then that says more about you than either one of them.

Really no digging up required. I saw the name, remembered a thread, typed it in the search function, and added the content. Unsure how that constitutes "defending Trump at any cost". But it sounds cool in your head when you type it; doesn't it?  

Just seemed you were a little perturbed by the source.

(10-09-2018, 12:04 AM)bfine32 Wrote: If you assert apologizing for using gay slurs makes one more qualified to sit SCOTUS than someone with Kav's credentials then that says more about you than either one of them.

Apologizing is what makes her a better person. Not that a Trump fan would understand that. ThumbsUp

(10-09-2018, 12:04 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Really no digging up required. I saw the name, remembered a thread, typed it in the search function, and added the content. Unsure how that constitutes "defending Trump at any cost". But it sounds cool in your head when you type it; doesn't it?  

Of course you "remembered the thread". It was one in which your boy looks small and more like an ass than usual so you found a way to attack the person he slighted.

Good job Mr. Non-partisan. Hilarious
(10-09-2018, 12:10 AM)GMDino Wrote: Apologizing is what makes her a better person.  Not that a Trump fan would understand that.  ThumbsUp

Of course you "remembered the thread".  It was one in which your boy looks small and more like an ass than usual so you found a way to attack the person he slighted.

Good job Mr. Non-partisan.   Hilarious

Of course you said it made her better qualified to sit on the Supreme Court than Kavs; there was no mention of who was the better person. Doesn't take a Trump fan to understand you're just kinda making this up as you go along.

BTW, didn't Kavs apologize to that female Senator when he asked her the same question, she asked him? 

It's either all that or when I read the story today it mentioned her getting kicked out. No attack, just posting what was said. Hell I didn't even call anyone "small", "an ass", or any other personal slur.

Wish I could say good job to you as well; but..

(10-09-2018, 12:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course you said it made her better qualified to sit on the Supreme Court than Kavs; there was no mention of who was the better person. Doesn't take a Trump fan to understand you're just kinda making this up as you go along.

Tomatoe/tomato

(10-09-2018, 12:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: BTW, didn't Kavs apologize to that female Senator when he asked her the same question, she asked him? 

Yep. After he had a break and the handlers told him what ass he sounded like...lol. That you think being a better person doesn't make you better qualified goes a long way of explaining your political and personal views.

(10-09-2018, 12:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It's either all that or when I read the story today it mentioned her getting kicked out. No attack, just posting what was said. Hell I didn't even call anyone "small", "an ass", or any other personal slur.

Sure thing dude. You don't "remember" things that are soaked in the popular culture and news for a decade but you knew this one name of this one reporter and found the three month old thread and "suggested" that her years old tweets were the reason the POTUS acted like a petulant child toward her...not to defend Trump's actions. No way! I mean if that was the case you would have said something like:

Cool

(10-09-2018, 12:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Wish I could say good job to you as well; but..

Well that would be admitting your own bias and partisanship. Baby steps.
(10-09-2018, 09:07 AM)GMDino Wrote: Tomatoe/tomato

Yep.  After he had a break and the handlers told him what ass he sounded like...lol.  That you think being a better person doesn't make you better qualified goes a long way of explaining your political and personal views.

Sure thing dude.  You don't "remember" things that are soaked in the popular culture and news for a decade but you knew this one name of this one reporter and found the three month old thread and "suggested" that her years old tweets were the reason the POTUS acted like a petulant child toward her...not to defend Trump's actions.  No way!  I mean if that was the case you would have said something like:

Cool

Well that would be admitting your own bias and partisanship.  Baby steps.

I gotta say that being a better person doesn't make you better qualified to be a justice if you have no background in law.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-09-2018, 09:59 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I gotta say that being a better person doesn't make you better qualified to be a justice if you have no background in law.

I'd argue you can learn the law and how to apply it but you can't learn to be a better person.

One can be an expert in law and be a vindictive/partisan dbag that uses their knowledge to attack those he sees as "the enemy" on the "other side".
Full disclosure, I used to call things "gay" when I was in high school. I called a girl a "dyke" in 4th grade.

I think what shows character is when someone is able to knowledge the faults of their past, own them, and then demonstrate that they are a different person rather than making up lies about them, even if they are now a different person.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(10-09-2018, 10:22 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Full disclosure, I used to call things "gay" when I was in high school. I called a girl a "dyke" in 4th grade.

I think what shows character is when someone is able to knowledge the faults of their past, own them, and then demonstrate that they are a different person rather than making up lies about them, even if they are now a different person.

I'm with you on this one.  I know I did and said a lot of uncool things when I was younger because I thought that was what alpha males did.  When I think back, to high school in particular, I can think of slurs I used, jokes I made that weren't funny, times I tried to be offensive and crass because it was "cool" and even some things I did or said towards women that were creepy and weird.  I find this stuff humiliating to even mention in generic terms on a message board, I certainly don't pine for those as the good ol' days.

But again, perhaps that's me being a beta.  If a woman I was a creep towards pointed it out today I would apologize and admit that I was a moron and a weak-minded loser when I did it.

Hell, I'll even admit when I was in high school we went to NYC on a class trip and my friends and I were at the Trump tower and spent over 20 minutes talking to one of the security guys there about how awesome Donald Trump is.
(10-09-2018, 10:09 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'd argue you can learn the law and how to apply it but you can't learn to be a better person.

I guess we better never let anyone out of prison then.
(10-09-2018, 11:12 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I guess we better never let anyone out of prison then.

That's cute.  I bet you giggled like a little girl when you typed it!  Hilarious

We can never put anyone in because of the "basic human right" of presumption of innocence either?  Oh, and no investigation if the crime happened "too long ago"?

You guys are funny.

Smirk
(10-09-2018, 11:12 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I guess we better never let anyone out of prison then.

Who knew Dino was such an advocate for Capital Punishment. 

People aren't in prison because they are bad people, they are in prison because they broke the law.  You can have the heart of a murdering rapist who loves gerrymandering, but until you do something illegal you are free as a bird.  Hell, if there is one thing politics has taught me as of late it is that men are generally good at heart despite desiring to do illegal things to women.  Alas, the good-hearted male can find himself in chains!
(10-09-2018, 11:21 AM)Nately120 Wrote: People aren't in prison because they are bad people, they are in prison because they broke the law.  You can have the heart of a murdering rapist who loves gerrymandering, but until you do something illegal you are free as a bird.  Hell, if there is one thing politics has taught me as of late it is that men are generally good at heart despite desiring to do illegal things to women.  Alas, the good-hearted male can find himself in chains!

Actions, not thoughts, are what makes one a bad person.