Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Who’s the guy you want in the first.
Who do you want more than anyone in the first. Must be realistic. I was high on the TE Mayer but after doing some more digging I really like the other TE Kincaid. I think this kid will be a intermediate to down field threat. Reminds me of Ben Utecht or Dallas Clark. Really like Kraft too but not in the first. Kincaid can help ease the blow also if we do lose Higgins. Who do you want.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 03:17 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Who do you want more than anyone in the first. Must be realistic. I was high on the TE Mayer but after doing some more digging I really like the other TE Kincaid. I think this kid will be a intermediate to down field threat. Reminds me of Ben Utecht or Dallas Clark. Really like Kraft too but not in the first. Kincaid can help ease the blow also if we do lose Higgins. Who do you want.

Honestly still want Darnell Wright RT Tennessee but I keep seeing him picked in front of us. Bijan Robinson also should be gone.

If these guys are gone I am down with nearly anyone that helps the team, BPA. Darnell Washington TE, Gibbs RB, the other OL in Jones, 
Bergeron, Harrison, Mazi Smith for 3-tech and yeah, I like Mayer but would rather trade down and pick him and add a pick. I think we have
seen his upside unlike Darnell Washington who just might be the best blocking TE to ever come into the NFL with upside as a pass catcher.
Reply/Quote
1) Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee.
2) Kalijah Kancey, DT, Pittsburgh.
3) One of the TEs: Mayer or Washington
Reply/Quote
Speaking of TE’s whatever happen to Jake Butt? Out if Michigan I believe. Was injured when drafted.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 03:25 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: 1) Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee.

This, except I'm taking Kancey first if he is there. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 03:25 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: 1) Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee.

Also really like Kancey, reminds me of a smaller Geno. Quick and strong 3-tech.

(03-18-2023, 03:28 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Speaking of TE’s whatever happen to Jake Butt? Out if Michigan I believe. Was injured when drafted.

Don't know what happened to Butt lol

I do like Schoonmaker in this Draft out of Michigan in the mid rounds. Good blocker and receiver. Also like Payne Durham and Brenton 
Strange at TE that are also good blockers that can run good routes and catch.
Reply/Quote
Bijan Robinson. Pay the studs on offense, and have a great back on a cheap rookie deal. Run him into the ground for 5 years, then move on.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
BPA at a premium position.
Reply/Quote
I think Darnell Washington is the guy a #28. All the Rd1 level tackles will be gone by then. Washington can help out with blocking no matter who ends up at right tackle and would be a huge red zone target. A lot depends on whether we get a decent trade for Jonah.
Reply/Quote
Dawand Jones
Ringo, Forbes, or one of the other top CBs should they fall
Gibbs, Bijan
Nolan Smith
Reply/Quote
I want someone to take the RT spot by the horns. Or a generational TE
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I want to see defense. Someone on the Dline that can get to the QB. I want a Chris Jones type player. If no one is worthy of that pick I want to see an elite CB. I want to see someone take this good Defense Lou has out there and make them even better. This would help the team much more than any TE or RB. I wouldnt use a pick on TE or RB until at least the 3rd round. Focus on the defense. Offense is already in good position with maybe the exception being RT. RT would be my third choice behind Dline and CB. If you can't find one of those 3, then trade back for more picks.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 03:43 PM)jason Wrote: Bijan Robinson. Pay the studs on offense, and have a great back on a cheap rookie deal. Run him into the ground for 5 years, then move on.

How awesome would this offense be if we could land a dynamic RB & TE. Of course this would assume we have the Oline fixed. But we need to get more pressure from our D line also, particularly up the middle.
Reply/Quote
Darnell Washington TE
Jahmyr Gibbs RB
Deonte Banks CB
Dawand Jones RT
O'Cyrus Torrence G
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 04:15 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I want to see defense.  Someone on the Dline that can get to the QB.  I want a Chris Jones type player.  If no one is worthy of that pick I want to see an elite CB.  I want to see someone take this good Defense Lou has out there and make them even better.  This would help the team much more than any TE or RB.  I wouldnt use a pick on TE or RB until at least the 3rd round.  Focus on the defense.  Offense is already in good position with maybe the exception being RT.  RT would be my third choice behind Dline and CB.  If you can't find one of those 3, then trade back for more picks.

It's very unlikely to find an elite CB that late in the first. Those guys are gone usually in the top 10 because its such an important position. Any player we pick.os either going to have flaws or be a non premium position such as TE or RB. We went defense with basically our entire draft last year so I won't be surprised if we go offense this year. 

I think it will come down to BPA like last year but hope for a RT or TE because those are our biggest needs and likely best chance at value. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 04:29 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Darrell Washington TE
Jahmyr Gibbs RB
Deonte Banks CB
Dawand Jones RT
O'Cyrus Torrence G

I also like Banks and Torrence, good ones.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 04:26 PM)TKUHL Wrote: How awesome would this offense be if we could land a dynamic RB & TE. Of course this would assume we have the Oline fixed. But we need to get more pressure from our D line also, particularly up the middle.

I'm also good with a D lineman in the first. I'm not a draft nut, so I don't know who that is. It feels like the O line is in a pretty good spot right now. Depth is better on paper. It'd be nice to have a home run hitter outta the backfield. Haven't had that since the second half of 2014.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Darnell Washington TE Georgia.
He has the most upside of any TE in this draft
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 03:43 PM)jason Wrote: Bijan Robinson. Pay the studs on offense, and have a great back on a cheap rookie deal. Run him into the ground for 5 years, then move on.

Yep. If ANY of the premium skill position guys drop (Robinson, Smith-Njigba, Addison, Johnston, Flowers) they woukd be hard to pass on. 

I'd still prioritize a stud at premium spot: DE (Van Ness), CB (Witherspoon, Gonzalez, Porter), OT (Wright), or DT (Kancey). 

But if it Robinson or a tier 2 CB (Banks, Forbes, Smith) or tier 2 DE (White, Tuipulotu) or one of the TEs (I can still get a good one later) and Wright & Kancey are gone? Yeah, I think I do it, cut Mixon, and go shopping in FA post draft or in cutdown day. 
Reply/Quote
Mayer TE or Jones at OT. If a good value at pass rusher is there I’m all for that as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote