Gruden's Redskins
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Wins A Playoff Game First?
Use your head not your heart!
Reply/Quote
Not us.

Marv be the coach and Peko is still on the team.

That and the fact the Giants totally sukked and we should of been much better against that sukky team.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 01:48 PM)GodFather Wrote: Use your head not your heart!

I actually think the Bengals, Vikes, and Cardinals all win a playoff game this year.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 01:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not us.

That and the fact the Giants totally sukked and we should of been much better against that sukky team.

I don't know how much better our starters could have been in one series.  
Reply/Quote
I'll be a negative Nately and point out that making the playoffs a 5th year in a row is hardly a guarantee. People around here, people in the media, everyone has already assumed this will be THE year we find out if Andy and Marvin can win a playoff game without mentioning the fact that we've mostly gotten in by the skin of our bumbums 3 out of the 4 years prior.

In fact, the Vikings and Cardinals could both miss the playoffs due to the fact that they are both in divisions where taking the crown is practically impossible (we moan about the AFC North being tough but god help us if the Seahawks and/or Packers were in our division) so they are almost forced to rely on a wildcard berth and you don't want to have to rely upon that.

SO, I realize this isn't "this year only" but I could plausibly see all 4 of those teams failing to get a wild card spot based upon past history. Also, DC's squad stinks.
Reply/Quote
The poll wasn't there when i posted.

I voted Zim's Vikes. They got AP back and Zim is a great coach.

I have no faith in Marv coaching us to a Playoff win. The players will have to carry him for it to happen.

We are a very good team and i see us once again making the Playoffs but we cannot win once we get there.

Not with ML at the helm.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 01:55 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I don't know how much better our starters could have been in one series.  

True, but Fred and the others will point out that the Giants secondary is non existent and their O-line is also terrible.

Nothing to get excited about. Might be the worst team in the league.

Our Secondary played good though against one of the best receivers in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 01:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The poll wasn't there when i posted.

I voted Zim's Vikes. They got AP back and Zim is a great coach.

I have no faith in Marv coaching us to a Playoff win. The players will have to carry him for it to happen.

We are a very good team and i see us once again making the Playoffs but we cannot win once we get there.

Not with ML at the helm.

This^^^^^^^^.  I do not think we will win a playoff game with Marvin as the HC.  He has shown he does not know how to prepare a team for a playoff game. 

I voted for Zimmer as well.  I think he will figure out how to get to and win a playoff game before Marvin does.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote

Our defense totally stoned their offense and our offense flew down the field and into the end zone against their defense.  How much better could we really have been?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
We will win a playoff game if we stay healthy. The team is too good right now. The defense is going to be good like they were in the past, and the offense will be a better version of the 2013 offense. We have more depth in every position than we have had the past few years. Hue Jackson always loved using his tight end in Oakland when he was a OC/HC. I don't think he trusted Gresham though, so I think Eifert is going to have an amazing year next year. Having Eifert and Jones back with Hill in the backfield is going to make so many openings that the other teams defense will have a hard time stopping.

The Vikings have a legit shot to make the playoffs, and possibly win a game. Their defense wasn't that bad last year, and now their offense will be a lot better. Bridgwater was working with a pretty bad offense around him last year, and he's getting a lot of nice weapons this year. AP will be back, so they will have a good run game. Kyle Rudolph was injured all last year and he's back. Then on top of that they picked up Mike Wallace, so they have a legit #1 receiver now.

The Cards might be able to make the playoffs, but I doubt they will win one. Carson Palmer is coming off an injury, and he's getting up there in age so it's going to affect him more than it would in the past. I thought Larry Fitzgerald lost a step last year too, but I do like Michael Floyd as a #2. I wasn't impressed by their run game last year. Their defense might have to carry them next year.

The Redskins would be lucky to get 5 wins. I don't think RGIII is a very good QB, and then on top of that they don't have a very good defense. They have good weapons in Alford Morris, Desean Jackson, and Pierre Garcon. Niles Paul, and Jordan Reed make a pretty good TE dou also. The redskins offensive line is garbage though. I just don't see this team as being very good.
Reply/Quote
Bengals have the best chance, honestly.

While looking at the AFC; New England lost a ton of secondary players. Steelers lost numerous old staples to their defense, DC included. Is Peyton Manning really healthy? There's questions for every AFC team after last year. Only two teams that remained consistent were the Bengals and Colts. Both gained layers they lost due to injury and added depth.

Vikings, Cards, and Redskins all have tough roads. Cards have their division plus the AFC and NFC North. Vikings have their division and the NFC and AFC West. Redskins just aren't good enough to be a playoff team; even in that division.

Could the Cardsand Vikings be playoff teams? Absolutely. But when looking over strength of AFC vs. NFC, there's far less question marks regarding teams. The biggest question in the NFC is which teams make it in. The biggest question in the AFC is who took a step back.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals and Cardinals are by far the 2 best teams on here. Due to the fact that the Bengals haven't changed much since the last 4 first round playoff losses, there is no reason to think they'll win one this year. I'll go with the Cardinals.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 02:49 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: The Bengals and Cardinals are by far the 2 best teams on here.  Due to the fact that the Bengals haven't changed much since the last 4 first round playoff losses, there is no reason to think they'll win one this year.  I'll go with the Cardinals.

The Bengals have changed a lot in the last 4 years. Dalton, and Green are the only two skilled position players we have that started in 2011. The defense has a lot of the same players, but the secondary is younger with Kirk, Dennard, and Iloka.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 02:34 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The Cards might be able to make the playoffs, but I doubt they will win one. Carson Palmer is coming off an injury, and he's getting up there in age so it's going to affect him more than it would in the past.

This doesn't make much sense.  He's coming off an ACL injury so he can make the playoffs but not win a playoff game?
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 03:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This doesn't make much sense.  He's coming off an ACL injury so he can make the playoffs but not win a playoff game?

Yes, I think that the team might have enough wins in the regular season to make the playoffs, but I don't think they will be able to beat a NFC playoff team.
Reply/Quote

That and the fact the Giants totally sukked and we should of been

Should "OF"

???

What does that even mean?
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 02:06 PM)PApinhead Wrote: This^^^^^^^^.  I do not think we will win a playoff game with Marvin as the HC.  He has shown he does not know how to prepare a team for a playoff game. 

I voted for Zimmer as well.  I think he will figure out how to get to and win a playoff game before Marvin does.

Maybe - if he's not running the defense. Because his defenses always sucked in the playoffs when he was here.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 02:55 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The Bengals have changed a lot in the last 4 years. Dalton, and Green are the only two skilled position players we have that started in 2011. The defense has a lot of the same players, but the secondary is younger with Kirk, Dennard, and Iloka.

There is no reason to think that the changes that were made over the offseason are ones that will push this team over the hump. As it stands, there is no reason to think that this team will win a playoff game. It's no different than each of the last 4 seasons.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 03:20 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: There is no reason to think that the changes that were made over the offseason are ones that will push this team over the hump. As it stands, there is no reason to think that this team will win a playoff game. It's no different than each of the last 4 seasons.

Other than we actually will have offensive weapons, and once Burfict is back our defense will be great again? Our front 4 is really strong with really good rotational players. The LB corps won't be bad at all when Burfict comes back. Even though we don't have the best LBers we have great depth behind them. The secondary is full of young talent that want's to prove itself in the league. I think that we will have one of the best secondaries in the game next year.

The offense will have a great running game (which they NEVER had until last year) with Hill, and Gio. Green (hopefully) won't be on the field injured like he was last year, and with Jones, and Eifert back it will help everyone get open more often. Then we have wildcards like Burkhead, and Sanu isn't a bad slot receiver. Next years offense will be the best we have had in a very long time.

There is no reason to think we can't win a playoff game next year.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 03:13 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yes, I think that the team might have enough wins in the regular season to make the playoffs, but I don't think they will be able to beat a NFC playoff team.

Because Palmer gets injured like last year or because he can't play as well because he's feeling lingering effects of his age/injury from 2014?
Reply/Quote