Poll: Who wins a playoff game first from the 2018 season on Bengals or Browns?
Bengals
Browns
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Wins A Playoff Game First?
Who wins a playoff game first from the 2018 season on Bengals or Browns? I would say with a heavy heart the Browns without a doubt in my mind. It should leave no doubt in anyones mind after Brown's decisions this season that the Bengals aren't going sniff any playoff victory game with him making any decisions on this organization and the Browns will at some point get their shit together and have some very good players with the abundant of draft picks they have upcoming.

Cincy will have the Merv and Mike show repeating the same episode over and over thinking they are close...
Reply/Quote
Going with Bengals still.

But the Browns are certainly going to improve if they hit on pick 1,4, and 33 quickly.

Think the Bengals are only fixing OL away from making playoffs again and are due to win one if nothing else.

Actually won their last one but worked extra hard overtime to find a way to lose it.

Plus not a big fan of Hue as HC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 02:30 PM)GodFather Wrote: Who wins a playoff game first from the 2018 season on Bengals or Browns? I would say with a heavy heart the Browns without a doubt in my mind. It should leave no doubt in anyones mind after Brown's decisions this season that the Bengals aren't going sniff any playoff victory game with him making any decisions on this organization and the Browns will at some point get their shit together and have some very good players with the abundant of draft picks they have upcoming.

Cincy will have the Merv and Mike show repeating the same episode over and over thinking they are close...

Strange you put more faith in a head coach who has won 1 game in 2 years or an organization with a history of ineptness. I have a different prediction, neither one gets my vote to win a playoff game anytime soon.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
The bengals are certainly closer but so what. As bad as Cleveland has been they still have a more recent playoff win n then we do.
Reply/Quote
Gotta be the Bengals. Despite Marvin and Mike still at the top of the food chain, that revamped Assistant Coaching lineup should be the shot of adrenalin that brings the Offense back to life. If Coach Austin can get the secondary back on track, look out, as the Defense could return to 2015 kind of formidable.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals will win one before the Browns, but .....

With $118 million of cap space and 2 top 5 draft picks....the Browns could easily be the new Rams for 2018.
Reply/Quote
The Stains have a hard time winning one game in a season lol

Sadly under Merv we cannot win a Playoff game, maybe with Pollack we can have a good running game and that might save
the day and we could pull off a Playoff win. If we take the game out of Merv's hands we could win one.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 02:30 PM)GodFather Wrote: Cincy will have the Merv and Mike show repeating the same episode over and over thinking they are close.

You don't remember the Bengals being close to winning a playoff game under Marvin?Sad how some people block anything positive about the Bengals from their memory because they are afraid it will interfere with their complaining.

Both the Bengals and Browns bottomed out in 2010.  In the 8 drafts since then the Brown have had 14 extra picks in the first 4 rounds including FIVE extra first round picks.  The Brown have had a lot of extra picks for many many years and they still are the worst team in NFL history.
Reply/Quote
I went with Browns, but to be fair my 11 year old niece's soccer team could have been the option instead and I would have picked them.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 02:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You don't remember the Bengals being close to winning a playoff game under Marvin?Sad how some people block anything positive about the Bengals from their memory because they are afraid it will interfere with their complaining.

Both the Bengals and Browns bottomed out in 2010.  In the 8 drafts since then the Brown have had 14 extra picks in the first 4 rounds including FIVE extra first round picks.  The Brown have had a lot of extra picks for many many years and they still are the worst team in NFL history.

I think the key word is close. They couldn't close it out that one game. Every other playoff game Merv led wasn't close. He was outplayed, out coached and everything in between. The team that almost beat the Steelers before imploding (again blame it on coaching) was when this team was at their peak. Gonna build it all up again just to watch it disintegrate once again?
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 02:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The Stains have a hard time winning one game in a season lol

Sadly under Merv we cannot win a Playoff game, maybe with Pollack we can have a good running game and that might save
the day and we could pull off a Playoff win. If we take the game out of Merv's hands we could win one.

But the problem is Mike doesn't wanna let Merv go!
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 03:27 PM)GodFather Wrote: I think the key word is close. They couldn't close it out that one game. Every other playoff game Merv led wasn't close. He was outplayed, out coached and everything in between. The team that almost beat the Steelers before imploding (again blame it on coaching) was when this team was at their peak. Gonna build it all up again just to watch it disintegrate once again?

I killed a gopher with a stick once. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Bengals, hands down.

I don't think the Browns even sniff the playoffs this year and we could win a playoff game. They're always in a rebuilding mode and, once they start getting good players, their initial players leave. Also, Hue is a worse head coach than even Marvin because he's more clueless.

We still have Marvin, but we were also a Hill-ruining-my-life-by-fumbling play away from winning a game just a few years ago.

I really think that people are underestimating how much of a difference the new coaches can make in changing the culture of the locker room, even with Marvin still being there.

Draft some linemen, a playmaker like Derwin James on D, and sign a FA or two (Jensen, PLEASE), and watch us compete for a playoff spot and then play hard to win.

The players will be excited with a new atmosphere and players like AJ, Dalton, and Geno know that it's time to put-up or shut-up, and they'll come to play.
Reply/Quote
Browns, simply because Marvin and Mike will somehow manage to both stick around for the next 50 years, and the Browns will have to luck into a win eventually.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Bengals are certainly closer.

I do like the direction the Browns are going if they get Saquon Barkley and Baker Mayfield, though.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals- we have a better roster than the browns especially Defensively. All we need is a decent offensive line and this team is at a championship level.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Browns
Reply/Quote
Feh, hasn't the vast majority of NFL teams won at least a single playoff game since we started our glorious post-season streak in 2011? What does one playoff win get you these days?

The 2017 season really put a further damper on my faith in the Bengals because we are longing to get back to the playoffs while the Jaguars, led by Bort "I'm not really a natural thrower of the football" Bortles go from 3-13 to beating the Steelers twice in Pittsburgh and putting up a competitive game against the Patriots in the AFC Championship game. But to answer the question, I think the Bengals win a playoff game before the Browns. Huzzah.

Last year we all thought the Bengals were closer to the Super Bowl than the Jaguars were to going 8-8, I'm sure. Well, no last year we knew the line was crap. Hmm...
Reply/Quote
Where ya been?  I already caught hell for saying the Brownies were potentially closer.

All it really takes is consistent play at QB

They have a TON of cap space.....could potentially get a stop gap vet QB in FA, AND draft the future.

Get Barkley.

You have Josh Gordon.

They added Dorsey, a bonafide GM with a rather impressive track record.

They added Todd Haley as OC.

Gregg Williams is a well respected DC, and took the defense from 31st to 14th overall in one season.

They went into TOTAL REBUILD mode, and now have the cash and draft picks to right the ship if they make the right moves.

The team was almost completely devoid of talent, but it still played hard, and never quit on the coaches.

The Bengals:

Have Mike Brown.

Have Merv...........AGAIN.

The team IS overall more talented, but where it has holes, it's about as bad as the Brownies.

The team looked lifeless for several weeks.

The hope here is that Lazor, Austin, and Pollack can right the ship on their own, because we can pretty much expect that FA will be the usual dumpster dive for the turd of your choice (most likely a steroid-less Brian Cushing....yay).  They will retain Blodine, and at least Fish....if not Ogbuehi as well.

I DO think all of those coaches are better than their predecessors.  Zampese was putrid, Alexander was washed up and too stubborn to adjust, and Guenther just seemed to have gotten soft.....although I did like when he decided to hold underperforming vets accountable, only to have Merv step on his junk in the media.

In the end, the Browns are trying to evolve, while the Bengals are rolling status quo.  All things considered, RIGHT NOW, I think the Bengals are closer, but come back to me after the draft and/or FA.  If the Brownies get themselves a QB and a couple other nice pieces, I'm changing that.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 05:41 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Where ya been?  I already caught hell for saying the Brownies were potentially closer.

All it really takes is consistent play at QB

They have a TON of cap space.....could potentially get a stop gap vet QB in FA, AND draft the future.

Get Barkley.

You have Josh Gordon.

They added Dorsey, a bonafide GM with a rather impressive track record.

They added Todd Haley as OC.

Gregg Williams is a well respected DC, and took the defense from 31st to 14th overall in one season.

They went into TOTAL REBUILD mode, and now have the cash and draft picks to right the ship if they make the right moves.

The team was almost completely devoid of talent, but it still played hard, and never quit on the coaches.

The Bengals:

Have Mike Brown.

Have Merv...........AGAIN.

The team IS overall more talented, but where it has holes, it's about as bad as the Brownies.

The team looked lifeless for several weeks.

The hope here is that Lazor, Austin, and Pollack can right the ship on their own, because we can pretty much expect that FA will be the usual dumpster dive for the turd of your choice (most likely a steroid-less Brian Cushing....yay).  They will retain Blodine, and at least Fish....if not Ogbuehi as well.

I DO think all of those coaches are better than their predecessors.  Zampese was putrid, Alexander was washed up and too stubborn to adjust, and Guenther just seemed to have gotten soft.....although I did like when he decided to hold underperforming vets accountable, only to have Merv step on his junk in the media.

In the end, the Browns are trying to evolve, while the Bengals are rolling status quo.  All things considered, RIGHT NOW, I think the Bengals are closer, but come back to me after the draft and/or FA.  If the Brownies get themselves a QB and a couple other nice pieces, I'm changing that.

Aww yeah the double edge sword of using past transgressions in a way that doesn’t fit a narrative. Because the bengals haven’t won a playoff game in almost 3 decades, doesn’t mean they can’t or won’t. But using that arguememt against them but with a different team....
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote