Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Who Wins The AFCN "Honestly"
(08-06-2022, 08:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, it was pretty damn embarrassing LMAO!!!

Also, good on Goodell for once. That is the right thing to do, if he makes it a 12 gamer at least I will be fine with how this
was handled by the NFL. 6 games is a joke.

yessir, 6 games is crazy. i wouldnt be shocked if nfl still says he dont play this year period. 
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2022, 06:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The Ravens WERE decimated by injuries last year but I agree with you here Jason, the Browns are the biggest threat to our 
crown this season. Chubb and that running game are nasty and Watson is a clear upgrade at QB, maybe not when playing us 
though as Mayfield played All Pro every time he played us. Still they are for real, unlike the Ravens and Steelers now.

They swept us last season even if we rested our starters the second game and I bet we split if not.

i have a feeling we see clev fall apart this year. just something bout there situation seems like it could fall apart real quick if things start going bad
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2022, 09:39 PM)Leon Wrote: yessir, 6 games is crazy. i wouldnt be shocked if nfl still says he dont play this year period. 

That would be a more sound judgement than that so called judge ruled...

(08-06-2022, 09:42 PM)Leon Wrote: i have a feeling we see clev fall apart this year. just something bout there situation seems like it could fall apart real quick if things start going bad

Could happen, they did a lot of weird things this Offseason. 

The way they handled Mayfield, offering so much dough to a creep in Watson etc.

As much as I didn't like Mayfield he deserved better than the way they treated him honestly.

They still have a damn talented roster though, second only to us in this Division.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2022, 08:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, it was pretty damn embarrassing LMAO!!!

Also, good on Goodell for once. That is the right thing to do, if he makes it a 12 gamer at least I will be fine with how this
was handled by the NFL. 6 games is a joke.

As long as the Browns are owned by the Haslams, they’ll remain ugly.  Mike Brown makes the Haslams look like a bunch of pre-schoolers.  And, that’s saying something.

I don’t know what the hell the Browns are thinking.  

If I were on the Browns roster right now, and to see the amount of money they threw at Watson, someone who hasn’t played in over a year, staring at another lengthy suspension, I’d want out.

The Browns don’t even know how Watson will play after he’s been out for so long.  The mental and social pressure alone will probably sink him, when and if he comes back.

Agree about the season suspension.  And, making Watson reapply next season.  Let the NFL deal with his bu!!sh!t then.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 01:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That would be a more sound judgement than that so called judge ruled...

I heard on the radio that the judge basically ruled that he broke the NFL's conduct policy which calls for a 6 game suspension. So it wasn't the punishment that she thought fit the crime but rather what the punishment is for breaking the policy. But it's almost a certainty that a bigger suspension is coming as the NFL can now do whatever they want. My question would be if they do a one year suspension and Watson's people sue the NFL what happens to the suspension? Does it have to wait for the legal process to be resolved? 
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 10:54 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: As long as the Browns are owned by the Haslams, they’ll remain ugly.  Mike Brown makes the Haslams look like a bunch of pre-schoolers.  And, that’s saying something.

If I were on the Browns roster right now, and to see the amount of money they threw at Watson, someone who hasn’t played in over a year, staring at another lengthy suspension, I’d want out.

The Browns don’t even know how Watson will play after he’s been out for so long.  The mental and social pressure alone will probably sink him, when and if he comes back.

Agree about the season suspension.  And, making Watson reapply next season.  Let the NFL deal with his bu!!sh!t then.

I really think the Browns might have pissed the NFL off with the whole 1 million dollar salary this year to bypass any money loss Watson might have with a suspension. 
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 10:54 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: As long as the Browns are owned by the Haslams, they’ll remain ugly.  Mike Brown makes the Haslams look like a bunch of pre-schoolers.  And, that’s saying something.

Yeah, I haven't talked with any Browns fans as I try to avoid that as much as possible to not lower my IQ but man if I 
was one I sure wouldn't be happy at all either after this move in giving Watson so much money. Dude is an unknown 
with all that is going on in his life and as you say hasn't played in the NFL in forever.

At least Baker Mayfield played great against us, you know the youngest team in the Division in Ohio that just went to 
the SuperBowl and should just be getting better after winning said Division...

(08-08-2022, 11:14 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I heard on the radio that the judge basically ruled that he broke the NFL's conduct policy which calls for a 6 game suspension. So it wasn't the punishment that she thought fit the crime but rather what the punishment is for breaking the policy. But it's almost a certainty that a bigger suspension is coming as the NFL can now do whatever they want. My question would be if they do a one year suspension and Watson's people sue the NFL what happens to the suspension? Does it have to wait for the legal process to be resolved? 

Okay, just make it a year suspension than NFL. She evidently just left the door open then and if the NFL does the 
right thing maybe she did the right thing you never know. I don't like rogue judges either so this could be the right 
thing who knows.

(08-08-2022, 11:19 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I really think the Browns might have pissed the NFL off with the whole 1 million dollar salary this year to bypass any money loss Watson might have with a suspension. 

Could be correct again.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 11:19 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I really think the Browns might have pissed the NFL off with the whole 1 million dollar salary this year to bypass any money loss Watson might have with a suspension. 

I was glad when the Browns got another team after the Ravens went to Baltimore.  The first NFL game I saw in person was the Browns.  I have a bit of a soft spot for them, even though I’ve been a Bengals fan through and through for the last 35 years.  I empathized with the Browns through the Hue Jackson, Romeo Crennel, Kitchens, PEttine, Chidzinski, etc years.  I’m sure I’m forgetting some.

Who can forget QBs like Tim Couch, Trent Dilfer, Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson and of course, Manziel.  

What does all of this have in common?  The d!pSh1t Haslams.  Watson will be yet another gargantuan mistake.  But, this time, they lost not only money, but a ton of draft capital.  They’re going to be bad for a very long time.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 01:55 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: I was glad when the Browns got another team after the Ravens went to Baltimore.  The first NFL game I saw in person was the Browns.  I have a bit of a soft spot for them, even though I’ve been a Bengals fan through and through for the last 35 years.  I empathized with the Browns through the Hue Jackson, Romeo Crennel, Kitchens, PEttine, Chidzinski, etc years.  I’m sure I’m forgetting some.

Who can forget QBs like Tim Couch, Trent Dilfer, Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson and of course, Manziel.  

What does all of this have in common?  The d!pSh1t Haslams.  Watson will be yet another gargantuan mistake.  But, this time, they lost not only money, but a ton of draft capital.  They’re going to be bad for a very long time.

They still have the 2nd most talented roster in the Division though. We will see HOW bad of Karma this brings them and 
if they can overcome it. Having all those early picks all those years and spending in FA like they do still keeps them 
competitive. Their running game with Chubb ain't no joke as we all saw last season when we played them and we still 
had the 5th best run stopping D in the NFL and couldn't stop Chubb and company with that OL. Tough team IMO.
Reply/Quote
Tiger

Whats your take now. How do you feel about this division and where its going?
Rock On
Reply/Quote
Cincy over Baltimore by a game
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2022, 10:06 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Whats your take now. How do you feel about this division and where its going?
Rock On

Still believe the Bengals figure it out. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Nuclear war, we all die and all the records disappear forever.. Even our lousy seasons!  Who Dey
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
It would be interesting to see Brisett have continued success up to and until Watson is eligible to return. It would be such a Browns outcome to have something good going and then ruin it by switching horses mid-race.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 01:57 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: If all teams stay relatively healthy?

Bengals
Ravens
Browns
Steelers

Browns either 3rd of 4th depending on Deshaun Watson. They need to give him more help in the passing game between now and the start of the season in my opinion if they are going to compete. I also think people will underestimate him having a year off of football and joining a new team and system. Ravens if healthy are a very good team and our toughest competition this coming year I think. I am intrigued what Pittsburgh will do with a new QB as Ben was pretty bad after their 11-0 start a few years ago.

I want to think the Browns are good with that beast of a running game, plus adding Watson SHOULD improve the passing game somewhat too.
But it's hard to bet on a team who hasn't won the division in over 30 years.

Unless the Bengals can get back on track, I think the Ravens ultimately win the division, with Browns in 2nd, Bengals 3rd, Steelers last.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 12:46 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I want to think the Browns are good with that beast of a running game, plus adding Watson SHOULD improve the passing game somewhat too.
But it's hard to bet on a team who hasn't won the division in over 30 years.

Unless the Bengals can get back on track, I think the Ravens ultimately win the division, with Browns in 2nd, Bengals 3rd, Steelers last.

Yes.
Reply/Quote