Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Who Wins The AFCN "Honestly"
(05-17-2022, 10:08 PM)Whatever Wrote: When have I cited Lou's scheme in the '20 season finale in this discussion?  Quote the post for me.  

I have not kept track of who started it but my part of the discussion started when a poster said they felt positive because Lou had learned how to "shut down LamarJackson".  The games from 2020 were brought up as proof.

I don't remember when you jumped in.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 09:23 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Fair points, but if we can win road playoff games we can go in as the 7th seed and feel fine.  So even if we don't win the division it's still the day of the optimist. 

Well said, we won our first 2 Playoff road games in the history of the Franchise last Postseason.

I ain't scurred anymo'.

(05-17-2022, 10:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Oh c'mon.  Most women I have sex with cry afterward.

Bet it ain't a happy cry  Mellow
Reply/Quote
Tiger

The smoke is clearing now so be realistic and declare your winner!

I have the Ravens unfortunately but we'll get a wildcard
Reply/Quote
I think that we match up well with the Ravens. The way we were defending the run late in the season gives me confidence. The Ravens are going to run the ball and throw to their 2 TE’s. I don’t think teams realize that Chase and Joe are going to be better year 2. Watson will miss 8 games not 6 IMHO. He’ll be rusty even. We will win the AFCN on the virtue of beating the Ravens twice. But the reality is either teams health.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2022, 11:10 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

I just thought that it would be interesting to hear point of views after the draft and movement.

- I'd love to take my team but I'm taking the Steelers for some odd reason by a game to win the division over our Bengals. I think that we'll split outside of sweeping the Browns.

What ya think. I could see three teams making the playoffs out of the AFCN. OUR HEALTH WILL BE OUR BLESSING THIS SEASON.

https://youtu.be/gTHn1DTAuKo

The Bengals. Going to be a great season!
Reply/Quote
Definitely the Padres.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I think we win the North.
My thought on the rest of our rivals.

!. (11-6) Bengals (I am counting on better blocking by the OL, but so far in camp, that hasn't exactly been the case but it's still early.)
2. (10-7) Browns (They could easily give us fits at the top as I think they go 4-2 during Watson suspension. We better win most of our games just to stay on top.)
3. (8-9) Ravens (Lamar has regressed both rushing and passing 2 straight seasons. I don't see that turning around as teams I think have started to figure him out. I don't see the Ravens as having anyone else either.)
4. (6-11) Steelers (Trubisky has had a terrible camp so far. They're going to miss Ben's playcalling abilities and I think the defense is the only thing that keeps them in games.)
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2022, 09:18 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I think we win the North.  
My thought on the rest of our rivals.

!. (11-6) Bengals (I am counting on better blocking by the OL, but so far in camp, that hasn't exactly been the case but it's still early.)
2. (10-7) Browns (They could easily give us fits at the top as I think they go 4-2 during Watson suspension.  We better win most of our games just to stay on top.)
3. (8-9) Ravens (Lamar has regressed both rushing and passing 2 straight seasons.  I don't see that turning around as teams I think have started to figure him out. I don't see the Ravens as having anyone else either.)
4. (6-11) Steelers (Trubisky has had a terrible camp so far.  They're going to miss Ben's playcalling abilities and I think the defense is the only thing that keeps them in games.)

One thing to note about our TC so far is the Defense is always ahead of the Offense at this point and the new guys will
take time to gel, we revamped the OL. Also I heard one thing we have been really good at on the OL is in short yardage 
something we were pretty terrible at last season.

Also it sounds like Trey and Sam are just unblockable at times especially against any backup that comes in.

Agree with your thoughts on the AFCN 2Minuteshate just think we win a couple more games than you have us winning.

But the teams are in the right slots IMO.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 10:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Oh c'mon.  Most women I have sex with cry afterward.

i think its called regret
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 10:26 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

as long as the injury bug dont hit bad there aint no reason the bengals shouldnt win the north. we have the best qb situation in the division by far and thats a big factor. i dont think jackson wants to be in balt. pitts got a mess at qb and clev has a sex predator who is gonna miss games. i like our chances
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2022, 02:57 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: i think its called regret

No shame
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 10:26 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Smoke is clearing from what?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2022, 01:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Definitely the Padres.

Doubtful. Too many injuries. I think the Maple Leafs will make a late run. 

You heard it here first!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2022, 03:33 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: No shame

was just trying to poke some good nature fun
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2022, 04:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Doubtful. Too many injuries. I think the Maple Leafs will make a late run. 

You heard it here first!!

Sorry, the Maple Leaf's goalie, Hulk Hogan just retired!
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2022, 04:30 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Sorry, the Maple Leaf's goalie, Hulk Hogan just retired!

Damn. Didn't know that. Then i guess Martina Navratilova has a clear shot to the World Cup.

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2022, 04:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Smoke is clearing from what?

Those bong hits that make people think a team we laid 80 points on last year will best us this season. Cleveland WITH Watson will be our biggest hurdle
The pundits have been fawning over the Ravens for 2 decades.... It's merely habit now
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2022, 05:52 PM)jason Wrote: Those bong hits that make people think a team we laid 80 points on last year will best us this season. Cleveland WITH Watson will be our biggest hurdle
The pundits have been fawning over the Ravens for 2 decades.... It's merely habit now

The Ravens WERE decimated by injuries last year but I agree with you here Jason, the Browns are the biggest threat to our 
crown this season. Chubb and that running game are nasty and Watson is a clear upgrade at QB, maybe not when playing us 
though as Mayfield played All Pro every time he played us. Still they are for real, unlike the Ravens and Steelers now.

They swept us last season even if we rested our starters the second game and I bet we split if not.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2022, 06:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The Ravens WERE decimated by injuries last year but I agree with you here Jason, the Browns are the biggest threat to our 
crown this season. Chubb and that running game are nasty and Watson is a clear upgrade at QB, maybe not when playing us 
though as Mayfield played All Pro every time he played us. Still they are for real, unlike the Ravens and Steelers now.

They swept us last season even if we rested our starters the second game and I bet we split if not.
Injuries or not, we dropped 40 plus both times we played Baltimore. Whooped em so bad the second time Harbaugh and Bart Scott almost had an aneurysm.

It seems like Roger isn't gonna accept anything less than a 12 game suspension for Watson. May as well give him the year at that point. It'd be nice to not deal with him this season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2022, 07:55 PM)jason Wrote: Injuries or not, we dropped 40 plus both times we played Baltimore. Whooped em so bad the second time Harbaugh and Bart Scott almost had an aneurysm.

It seems like Roger isn't gonna accept anything less than a 12 game suspension for Watson. May as well give him the year at that point. It'd be nice to not deal with him this season.

Yes, it was pretty damn embarrassing LMAO!!!

Also, good on Goodell for once. That is the right thing to do, if he makes it a 12 gamer at least I will be fine with how this
was handled by the NFL. 6 games is a joke.
Reply/Quote