Poll: Who do you want to win
Browns
Steelers
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are you rooting for tonight
(11-14-2019, 11:14 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I’m torn like you. Hard to root for the Steelers but I don’t want to have to listen to the Browns fans if they win.

I’ve decided to be an optimist tonight though. Either way I’m going to be happy. Either Steelers lose and Browns hurt their draft pick. Or Browns lose and further implode which I love watching after listening to how great they were gonna be all offseason.

I’m gonna be optimistic more often. That game was even better than I could have imagined lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 08:39 AM)pally Wrote: A lot of head hunting went on last night from both sides.  NFL is going to be rolling in the dough with fine money when this is all said and done

Well, at least the league will stop looking at the Bengals. Wait... Nobody's even looking at the Bengals anymore. This sucks.

On the bright side, the intensity between those two will be stronger than ever now. Maybe not as heavy as the rivalry between Cincinnati and Pittsburgh, but it has fuel. Rudolph started this whole mess and Garrett just said, "WTF you think your doing" and clocked his ass with his own helmet. Then the rest of the hooligans jumped in. Then Rudolph raises his hands like "What is this crazy shit?" and then Ogunjobi knocks his ass down. Very comical.

Usually you see Bengal uniforms on the field when crazy shit like this happens.

Reply/Quote
Chad, Houz, Palmer, Rudy, Braham.... ahh good times not so long ago.
Reply/Quote
Popcorn Burfict when they play again in two weeks.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 02:23 AM)BengalsFan1986 Wrote: Not defending the Browns or Myles Garrett. That helmet swing is absolutely uncalled for. But how many situations like this will the Steelers be involved in before they get called out for their role in this stuff? It’s amazing how many times they end up the “victim” of these situations while the other team gets labeled classless.

My sentiments, exactly!! Good post!
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 11:41 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: My sentiments, exactly!! Good post!

Absolutely blows my mind how NOBODY is talking about Rudolph grabbing at Garrett’s helmet first, and how Rudolph kicked Garrett in the groin. As soon as Rudolph had his helmet ripped off, he should have backed off. Instead, he went after Garrett again and got clocked with the helmet (inexcusable action by Garrett).

If Garrett had just dropped the helmet and drilled Rudolph with a right cross to the jaw, then nobody is talking about banning him for life.
Reply/Quote
Oh it's just Football.
Why should Garrett get punished for something the Steelers would do and not get punished for it?

Too Bad he didn't just throw the helmet across the field and make him go get it. He shouldn't have done anything though, the Steelers were just trying to save face and the game was done at that point.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 12:10 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Absolutely blows my mind how NOBODY is talking about Rudolph grabbing at Garrett’s helmet first, and how Rudolph kicked Garrett in the groin. As soon as Rudolph had his helmet ripped off, he should have backed off. Instead, he went after Garrett again and got clocked with the helmet (inexcusable action by Garrett).

If Garrett had just dropped the helmet and drilled Rudolph with a right cross to the jaw, then nobody is talking about banning him for life.

They basically have to suspend the Steelers too in this. I saw some people like, 'Can't fault them for defending the QB.' They have to be suspended.

LOL - Watch us actually beat the Steelers and Browns because of these suspensions and lose the 1st pick!

Somehow this will all mess up the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Garrett has been suspended for the remainder of the season at least (pending appeal) Maurkice Pouncey suspended 3 games

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/15/nfl-fines-teams-250k-each-suspends-others/

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/browns-myles-garrett-suspended-indefinitely-over-helmet-attack-steelers-player-n1083236?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR2Cu6ihyMwwgXAqfzszdj18rnZoQ_0NdgULuffjuytP-7wwvm4AZsGXcHM&fbclid=IwAR0uDP6_ySfY-JFlfbariEe2hiJXDWXrhxByOfcjzVfT-OTOEIMHBM1XdJY&fbclid=IwAR2Bhfjhr5Dnk2u-CGz9XTMuw5KrkOoeDjDGfIs4qpoX37IyBYN7VB_tohE

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I think the whole thing is hilarious
Reply/Quote
Now that Mason is unharmed. I don't think we could have asked for a better result.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 12:10 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Absolutely blows my mind how NOBODY is talking about Rudolph grabbing at Garrett’s helmet first, and how Rudolph kicked Garrett in the groin. As soon as Rudolph had his helmet ripped off, he should have backed off. Instead, he went after Garrett again and got clocked with the helmet (inexcusable action by Garrett).

I don't see how Rudolph didn't get 2-3 games. He's going at Garrett's facemask and throat area, which instagated the entire thing. Garrett gets pissed snatches MRs helmet off. Then while being restrained by PITT offensive lineman, Rudolph reaches for Garrett's throat, with his right hand, for the second time. Then he gets bashed!!

Obviously, Garrett was/is wrong, but Rudolph deserves solid suspension.
Perhaps now ole Rog will notice the common denominator in all of these foolish, penalty laden, fight scenario finishes?
I won't hold my breath!
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 03:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Now that Mason is unharmed. I don't think we could have asked for a better result.

Very true! 
Reply/Quote
Rudolph is getting fined:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/15/reports-mason-rudolph-will-be-fined/

This whole indecent kind of looked like some professional wrestling thing to me haha. Grudge match in the AFCN. Seriously though Rudolph has some fault for twisting on Garrett's helmet then kicking him in the nads. He also could have just walked away after that instead of charging at Garrett. Garrett is lucky he didn't do any serious damage when he hit Rudolph with the helmet. But it will all be forgotten in a few weeks and on to the next NFL drama.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

It doesn't blow my mind at all. It's kinda how the NFL/media treats the Steelers. Plus it was easy to let Rudolph off the hook when what Garrett did was visually so much worse. 

(11-15-2019, 06:47 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I don't see how Rudolph didn't get 2-3 games. He's going at Garrett's facemask and throat area, which instagated the entire thing. Garrett gets pissed snatches MRs helmet off. Then while being restrained by PITT offensive lineman, Rudolph reaches for Garrett's throat, with his right hand, for the second time. Then he gets bashed!!

Obviously, Garrett was/is wrong, but Rudolph deserves solid suspension.
Perhaps now ole Rog will notice the common denominator in all of these foolish, penalty laden, fight scenario finishes?
I won't hold my breath!

Imagine the scenario was exactly the same, with Burfict (as a Bengal) in place of Rudolph and Garrett was a Steeler. I have a feeling that the narrative would be quite different and there would be far more emphasis on Burfict/Rudolph kicking Garrett in the groin, going after him and attempting to pull off his helmet. 

Rudolph should've gotten 1 game out of this, IMO. Instead they chose a fine, which will probably be rescinded after appeal, ala Mike Munchak after our last playoff game. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 08:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It doesn't blow my mind at all. It's kinda how the NFL/media treats the Steelers. Plus it was easy to let Rudolph off the hook when what Garrett did was visually so much worse. 

Imagine the scenario was exactly the same, with Burfict (as a Bengal) in place of Rudolph and Garrett was a Steeler. I have a feeling that the narrative would be quite different and there would be far more emphasis on Burfict/Rudolph kicking Garrett in the groin, going after him and attempting to pull off his helmet.

Rudolph should've gotten 1 game out of this, IMO. Instead they chose a fine, which will probably be rescinded after appeal, ala Mike Munchak after our last playoff game. 

I'd guarantee it !

Rudolph is very far from innocent in this thing.  Garrett just went so out there ballistic it's easy to ignore Rudolph's actions and sweep em under the rug.

I'm not defending Garrett in any way, hell I think he should be charged with assault. 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 09:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'd guarantee it !

Rudolph is very far from innocent in this thing.  Garrett just went so out there ballistic it's easy to ignore Rudolph's actions and sweep em under the rug.

I'm not defending Garrett in any way, hell I think he should be charged with assault. 

Actually I think he will have criminal charges against him. Any day now.
Reply/Quote
the squeelers will play the victims again. Both need to be suspended. But of course, the poor squeelers cannot be punished because they are close to getting into the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
Look, I hate the Steelers as much as you guys, but you are nuts to think that Rudolph deserves a similar punishment to what Garrett got. I'm sorry, but Garrett did one of the most heinous things you can on the football field. He could have killed Rudolph. Once he had Rudolph's helmet, he should have just tossed it. The game was over and that would have actually been hilarious. He's a scumbag and I hope he's suspended next year as well. I hate Pouncey, but I have no issue with what he did to Garrett. I would hope a Bengal would have done that for Dalton/Finley.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2019, 02:15 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Look, I hate the Steelers as much as you guys, but you are nuts to think that Rudolph deserves a similar punishment to what Garrett got. I'm sorry, but Garrett did one of the most heinous things you can on the football field. He could have killed Rudolph. Once he had Rudolph's helmet, he should have just tossed it. The game was over and that would have actually been hilarious. He's a scumbag and I hope he's suspended next year as well. I hate Pouncey, but I have no issue with what he did to Garrett. I would hope a Bengal would have done that for Dalton/Finley.

I don't think anyone advocated that Rudolph receive the same suspension as Garrett? If so, I didn't see it.
Garrett is going to miss the rest of this season (7 games, I think?) and probably 4 more going into next season.

Rudolph damn sure deserves, at the very least, a 1 game suspension! Personally, I think he deserves a 4 game suspension myself. He initiated the entire sequence of events.

Point being missing 1 or 2 games is not comparable to missing 10. Yes, Garrett deserves what he gets. Just as Rudolph deserved a more severe admonishment.
Reply/Quote