Poll: Who do you want to face in the Wild Card?
This poll is closed.
Patriots
18.48%
17 18.48%
Colts
9.78%
9 9.78%
Raiders
59.78%
55 59.78%
Steelers
11.96%
11 11.96%
Bills
0%
0 0%
Chargers
0%
0 0%
Total 92 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Who do we want in the WC round?
No Steelers. Hopefully, Baltimore knocks them out today. The Patriots would be the funnest to beat because it would put an end to the "Brady vs. Belichick" super bowl. Bengals-Colts has regional flair.
Reply/Quote
Colts seem like the weakest overall team but Jonathan Taylor is a legit MVP candidate so that’s scary.

Raiders might would be the weakest team on the list and we beat them in Las Vegas already right?

I don’t want to touch the Bills or the Patriots although honestly they’re kind of both meh this year, but Josh Allen and Bill Belichek are scary to contemplate playing against as well.

I feel like there’s a chargers stigma so I would really prefer to avoid them.

Ravens and Steelers weak but how many times can we beat them in one season idk.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just happy to be in playoffs.

But to answer your poll I want the Colts. A one dimensional team I feel works well for us when trying to defend. If the win against the Jags it looks like they are the opponent
Reply/Quote
I picked the Raiders, for reasons I listed last week in a different thread (Gameday maybe?).

First, we defeated them already this season.

Second, and more importantly, I see no better way to break the Curse Of Bo than to topple the Silver and Black in the postseason.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 08:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Patriots
2. Colts
3. Raiders
4. Steelers
5. Bills
6. Chargers

It's looking like the Patriots or Colts are our most likely opponent, but these other teams have an outside shot. So who do you want?

I dont want the Colts, I dont think we matchup well...They have a mauling O line and J Taylor and Wentz is looking good this yr with something to prove. On D, they have playmakers and Buckner is a gamewrecker.    
Im on board with Raiders or Pats..
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 04:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Umm…

[Image: ap-tom-brady-in-buccaneers-uniform-16086...size=900:*]

He's saying BB in the WC round and TB in the SB. Same season.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Steelers. Exorcise the shit out of the demons and throw Ben into the frigid Ohio.
Reply/Quote
I'm still hoping for this lineup.

1. Titans
2. Chiefs
3. Bengals
4. Bills
5. Pats
6. Colts
7. Chargers

Rd 1
Chargers go to KC and upset them (it's possible)
Bengals beat Colts
Bills beat Pats

Rd 2
Titans host Chargers
Bengals host Bills

Rd 3
Titans host Bengals

SB
Bengals vs Cowboys

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 01:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm still hoping for this lineup.

1. Titans
2. Chiefs
3. Bengals
4. Bills
5. Pats
6. Colts
7. Chargers

Rd 1
Chargers go to KC and upset them (it's possible)
Bengals beat Colts
Bills beat Pats

Rd 2
Titans host Chargers
Bengals host Bills

Rd 3
Titans host Bengals

SB
Bengals vs Cowboys

Only chargers knock off the titans and the AFCCG is in Cincy. I’m gonna faint.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 01:10 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Only chargers knock off the titans and the AFCCG is in Cincy. I’m gonna faint.

I was leaning that way but it seemed like a bit too much fantasy.  Ninja

Between the two, yes! I would take your scenario. Bengals are 2-0 in AFCCGs.

Reply/Quote
Even though voting and saying steelers, I will still be rooting for them to lose as usual.

The depths of my hate runs deep for them there pee yellow flag wavers.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I know I'll be in the minority, but I would like to avoid the Raiders. Yes, we beat them already but Reiff is out for the season and they're the only team on this list that has a scary 2 headed pass rush. Ngakoue and Crosby could really ruin us. The Pats have Judon and the Colts have Buckner, but otherwise their pass rush is pretty tame by comparison.

I would much rather face the Colts and maybe even the Patriots (although the specter of Belichick does loom large over any playoff game, regardless of their QB).
Reply/Quote
I want the Steelers, but I also don't want the Steelers.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 03:35 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: What do you mean? 

We've already played the Raiders. 

In addition, we are 0 - 2 against the Raiders in the playoffs. 

Jags would be my first choice.  Ninja

I meant recently.

13- Chargers
14- Colts
15- Steelers

The Pats, Raiders and Bills would be the 3 teams we haven't faced in a good long while.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 08:44 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Pretty much this. I would however switch the Steelers and the Colts. Just because I don't want the Steelers to even have a chance at beating us in a way more important game than the two we won in the regular season. Even if its a low chance, losing to the Steelers in the playoffs would make this season horrible for me.

For me it's:
1) Raiders
2) Chargers
3) Colts
4) Patriots
5) Steelers (which can only happen if we get the 2 seed, which is unlikely)
6) Bills (Top 5 offense and defense)

I just have this feeling the Chargers would be easier to beat this time around. Maybe it's just blind optimism that this time the Bengals would be able to run on one of the worst run defenses in the league, even though they didn't have great success back in November.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 01:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I meant recently.

13- Chargers
14- Colts
15- Steelers

The Pats, Raiders and Bills would be the 3 teams we haven't faced in a good long while.

Didn’t we beat the Raiders in Las Vegas 32-13 on 21 November?
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 12:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He's saying BB in the WC round and TB in the SB. Same season.

He got it.

No better way to start a new dynasty than to cut down the two many are hoping to see battle for another trophy and answer who is better Belicheat or Brady. We could step in and ruin that whole thing and just take over. Send Brady into retirement too
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 01:57 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Didn’t we beat the Raiders in Las Vegas 32-13 on 21 November?

Playoffs, FiK. Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 01:57 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Didn’t we beat the Raiders in Las Vegas 32-13 on 21 November?

He means the playoffs, but he is wrong with the Patriots who we have never played in the playoffs. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 01:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I meant recently.

13- Chargers
14- Colts
15- Steelers

We have never played the Pats in the playoffs.  Mellow
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote