Poll: Who do you want to face in the Wild Card?
This poll is closed.
Patriots
18.48%
17 18.48%
Colts
9.78%
9 9.78%
Raiders
59.78%
55 59.78%
Steelers
11.96%
11 11.96%
Bills
0%
0 0%
Chargers
0%
0 0%
Total 92 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Who do we want in the WC round?
Just my opinion.. But i think we match up really well with Buffalo and The Raiders..
Run Heavy Teams will kill us...
Reply/Quote
Patriots offense doesn't scare anyone. But there defense does seem legit... as long as Burrow protects the ball I do like our chances the more I watch this Dolphins game
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 07:26 PM)QueenCity Wrote: A game we rode Mixon hard... wonder if that changes this go around.   Burrow only passed for a buck 50 something

Honestly that's why I wasn't too hip on sitting starters this week til the COVID outbreak. We weren't super awesome off the bye.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 07:52 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Patriots offense doesn't scare anyone. But there defense does seem legit... as long as Burrow protects the ball I do like our chances the more I watch this Dolphins game

Belichik will come up with a good offensive game plan to try and exploit our LB’s for sure
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 07:57 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Belichik will come up with a good offensive game plan to try and exploit our LB’s for sure

Perhaps.... but it's usually the tight end you throw on the LB.  NE doesn't scare me but on the flip side I can see a Mike White dump off game wrecking us
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 08:03 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Perhaps.... but it's usually the tight end you throw on the LB.  NE doesn't scare me but on the flip side I can see a Mike White dump off game wrecking us

Listen, Mac Jones and those receivers don’t scare me at all.

What scares me is their head coach, their defensive execution, and their stout o-line
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 06:53 PM)Whacked Wrote: Mehhh. They don’t scare me at all.

Chargers and Bills make me nervous
*Chargers aren’t all that but they whipped us so so so badly
Maybe we just don’t match up w then well.

Turnovers are what whipped them so badly. 24-22 defecit and driving before Mixon's fumble 6.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 06:54 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I do NOT want to face Pitt again in the playoffs. Ben will be at his best and the team will play their ass off for him to go out on top. Forget the regular season, Pitt can be a scary playoff team. Do t want the Chargers or Buff either. Really wanted Indy. Still can’t believe Pitts in just as long as Chargers/Raiders don’t tie. Unreal.

BS. Ben is a shell of a shell of his former self and it doesn't matter how hard they want to play, they would get their shit pushed in by the Bengals for the 3rd time this year. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 06:56 PM)TKUHL Wrote: With the Chargers it’s their ability to score and put pressure on Burrow. As for Buff, they are just a good all around team. Don’t want any part of either.

Why bother even making the playoffs if people are so afraid of all the teams?

You have to play them evenutally anyway. 

Reply/Quote
Tua is obviously not Burrow... but the Pats D should of already picked him off 3 times. THAT is what worries me about the Patriots
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 07:48 PM)Spider Wrote: Just my opinion.. But i think we match up really well with Buffalo and The Raiders..
Run Heavy Teams will kill us...

I think we’ve played really well against the run this season. I believe we’re ranked 8th in run D and 28th against the pass.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Is NE playing their starters, because wow, they are not good.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 08:30 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: I think we’ve played really well against the run this season. I believe we’re ranked 8th in run D and 28th against the pass.

Agreed run teams don't really scare me.. 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 08:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Is NE playing their starters, because wow, they are not good.

The patriots always lose to the dolphins. Even when Brady was there, the dolphins in Miami would usually beat the pats
Reply/Quote
The Pats have some major things going for them.

(1) They use their tight ends a lot, and we suck at covering tight ends.

(2) Belicheck is great at coming up with game plans to shut teams down and exploit their weaknesses.

(3) Our Oline is our weakness and Belicheck will likely generate tons of pressure and shut our run game down.

(4) They are great at offensive game planning and keeping teams off balance with a balanced run/pass offense. At times we've gotten run over this year, and looked very vanilla on 3rd down defensively.

This is a tough matchup with the potential to be thoroughly outcoached. This would be a big win. The Pats aren't one and done very often. We are (or have been in the past). This would be a huge win for our program. A loss would be a huge let down, but not necessarily reason to panic.

I'd like to see us beat the best if we are to advance. Excited for next week, but trying not to get my hopes up like the last playoff game. This could very easily be a loss.
Reply/Quote
Perfect scenario

Pats at Bengals, Chargers at Bills, Steelers at Chiefs. Bengals W, Chargers W, Steelers W

Chargers at Bengals. Steelers at Titans. Bengals W, Steelers W

Steelers at Bengals. AFC Championship. Bengals W

Super Bowl Burrow VS Brady for GOAT
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 08:36 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Perfect scenario

Pats at Bengals, Chargers at Bills, Steelers at Chiefs. Bengals W, Chargers W, Steelers W

If the stealers get that close the league is giving it to them
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 07:36 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: It looks like there is no chance they play the steelers first round so if Ben is to gut the Bengals one last time, itll have to be in one of the later rounds.

Man...i think my head is going to explode if i see one more person talk about Ben gutting anyone. He hasn't broken 200 yds passing in 4 games and his highest rating was 80.1

He hasn't even been able to reach 6 YPA in those 4 games. 

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 08:36 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Perfect scenario

Mine would be:

Pats at Bengals, Chargers at Bills, Steelers at Chiefs. Bengals W, Chargers W, Chiefs W

Chargers at Chiefs, Bengals at Titans. Chargers W. Bengals W.

Bengals beat either the Chargers, Chiefs or Bills in AFC Championship. 

I'd rather see us beat the best teams every round if we are to advance. We already beat the Chiefs so I'd lean towards playing the Chargers.

I'd be happy with the Rams, Tampa, or Green Bay in the Super Bowl. The Rams scare me the most defensively with their line. Tampa's dline is scary as well--as is their offense. It'd be nice to beat Rodgers or Brady in a passing of the torch game. 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 07:43 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Welp Jets just made it a 3 point game.... If we got Buffalo do you treat Josh Allen like Lamar Jackson?  Do we match up well with them?

Pats are down 14. If the Jets pull it out and NE loses, the Bengals stay at #3.

Reply/Quote