Poll: Who do you want to face in the Wild Card?
This poll is closed.
Patriots
18.48%
17 18.48%
Colts
9.78%
9 9.78%
Raiders
59.78%
55 59.78%
Steelers
11.96%
11 11.96%
Bills
0%
0 0%
Chargers
0%
0 0%
Total 92 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Who do we want in the WC round?
(01-09-2022, 08:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Against 2 bad teams and a Titans team that gave them, what, 4 turnovers? They just barely got by the same team that the Bengals boat raced out of the stadium. 

Some people are so mentally broken by the Steelers it's wild.

If I could pick one team to have the Bengals play in the first round it WOULD be the Steelers. Anybody fearing the Steelers this season is stuck in the past.

I'd love to send that fatass into retirement with a blowout loss, which I think he gets from the Chiefs in the first round.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 08:51 PM)QueenCity Wrote: That results gives us a chance vs. the Chargers correct?  Not sure I like that honestly. 

Not when I ran the predictor model after the early games. We get the Pats if the Chargers win, and the Raiders if they win. Pats finish ahead of the Chargers on conference record.

EDIT: Apologies QueenCity, just seen you were asking about the scenario where we were the #3 seed.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 09:42 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Not when I ran the predictor model after the early games. We get the Pats if the Chargers win, and the Raiders if they win. Pats finish ahead of the Chargers on conference record.

This was in response if somehow both the Bills and Pats lost.  We would of played the Chargers I'm sure..
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 09:42 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Not when I ran the predictor model after the early games. We get the Pats if the Chargers win, and the Raiders if they win. Pats finish ahead of the Chargers on conference record.

EDIT: Apologies QueenCity, just seen you were asking about the scenario where we were the #3 seed.

Head to head. They beat the Chargers in LA. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Hoodie is wonderful and all but he don't gotta play qb against this defense.

DJ, Trey, Sammy and the boys will cancel mac Jones Christmas.  Derek Carr been around, he might could pull it off.

Either way we winning next week tho, honestly.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
I’m leaning towards preferring the Pats, too. Yeah, yeah - Belichick, but LV has an elite TE and a dangerous pass rush. Give me the rookie QB.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 09:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m leaning towards preferring the Pats, too. Yeah, yeah - Belichick, but LV has an elite TE and a dangerous pass rush. Give me the rookie QB.

LV pass rush is what worries me most about either team. They showed they were legit the first time we played them. That said I still think the Pats with Bill B as coach will be the tougher out.
Reply/Quote
Sorry I dont want the Goat and NE def. Is better than raiders ... and Mack Jones is like Burrow, battle tested in college on big stage..
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 10:00 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: LV pass rush is what worries me most about either team. They showed they were legit the first time we played them. That said I still think the Pats with Bill B as coach will be the tougher out.

Pats lost rookie DT from Bama in their game. One of the better 8nterior pass rushers in the league.  Garmore. 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 10:04 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Pats lost rookie DT from Bama in their game. One of the better 8nterior pass rushers in the league.  Garmore. 

*Barmore

That’s the player they traded up for (with us) in the 2nd round this past year.

Reply/Quote
We molested the Raiders when when played them in Sin City. And we are playing better ball now than we were then. Belicheat would probably find some way to well , ... cheat. Let someone else take care of his @ss . I want the Raiders!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 07:00 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Raiders win - We play Raiders
Chargers win - We play New England
Tie - We play New England

This is official now. Raiders/Chargers decides who we play, between Raiders and Pats.

(01-09-2022, 08:35 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: The Pats have some major things going for them.

(1) They use their tight ends a lot, and we suck at covering tight ends.

(2) Belicheck is great at coming up with game plans to shut teams down and exploit their weaknesses.

(3) Our Oline is our weakness and Belicheck will likely generate tons of pressure and shut our run game down.

(4) They are great at offensive game planning and keeping teams off balance with a balanced run/pass offense. At times we've gotten run over this year, and looked very vanilla on 3rd down defensively.

This is a tough matchup with the potential to be thoroughly outcoached. This would be a big win. The Pats aren't one and done very often. We are (or have been in the past). This would be a huge win for our program. A loss would be a huge let down, but not necessarily reason to panic.

I'd like to see us beat the best if we are to advance. Excited for next week, but trying not to get my hopes up like the last playoff game. This could very easily be a loss.

They've lost in the WC round 3 times since 2009, but rarely do they ever play on the road. No Brady, and they still lack at WR, which is why Brady lost his last WC in NE. We covered the best TE in the league (Kelce), so why are we sweating NE so much?

(01-09-2022, 08:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Man...i think my head is going to explode if i see one more person talk about Ben gutting anyone. He hasn't broken 200 yds passing in 4 games and his highest rating was 80.1

He hasn't even been able to reach 6 YPA in those 4 games. 

He had one of the ugliest statlines I've ever seen a couple weeks ago.

127 yards on 46 attempts.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 09:55 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Hoodie is wonderful and all but he don't gotta play qb against this defense.

DJ, Trey, Sammy and the boys will cancel mac Jones Christmas.  Derek Carr been around, he might could pull it off.

Either way we winning next week tho, honestly.

I dunno, we will face a rookie QB in the playoffs. History has shown we tend to struggle. I just don’t want to face a team with a bad ass pass rush tandem like the Raiders have. Just want to get a playoff win. Would love to see a SB this year but honestly think we are a year away. But…. Why not this year. So many things can happen next season, even if we somehow fix the Oline in the off season. We are here now let’s seize the movement and play lights out.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 10:08 PM)Science Friction Wrote: We molested the Raiders when when played them in Sin City. And we are playing better ball now than we were then. Belicheat would probably find some way to well , ... cheat. Let someone else take care of his @ss . I want the Raiders!!!

Molested them? It was a one score game in the 4th. We pulled away late. Wasn’t like we crushed them from the get go. Anyone expecting a 3 score win because of that game will most likely be disappointed come WC week if we match with them.
Reply/Quote
Btw Belichick went one and done in his last playoff appearance. Even with Brady under center.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 10:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: They've lost in the WC round 3 times since 2009, but rarely do they ever play on the road. No Brady, and they still lack at WR, which is why Brady lost his last WC in NE. We covered the best TE in the league (Kelce), so why are we sweating NE so much?

The gap in coaching experience.
Reply/Quote
Crappy weather forecast makes me lean toward raiders
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 10:04 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sorry I dont want the Goat and NE def. Is better than raiders ... and Mack Jones is like Burrow, battle tested in college on big stage..

[Image: tumblr_msfszwAnUt1svj2nxo1_500.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Yeah I don't know who I want to play so I'll just wait and see. I think both teams are good and would be a tough opponent. I'm just ready to see what this team does when the lights come on. I really hope that this offense keeps up what they've had going the last 2 weeks. I do think we'll have better chances of a superbowl next year and beyond. But we've been so healthy and playing good. Why Not Us? Who Dey!!!
Reply/Quote
To end the Curse of Bo, we must confront Bo's tribe head on!
Reply/Quote