Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Who do you take? WR
Lets say Treadwell, Coleman, Fuller, Doctson, Shephard, Thomas and Boyd are all there for the picking at 24, who do you take? Also what 2 WR's would you try to target in the draft.
Reply/Quote
Doctson's #1 on the WR board, I'd target him in the 1st.

So. Miss Mike Thomas is the mid round guy I'm taking.
Reply/Quote
Love Doctson but would probably lean Coleman in round 1, got the speed at 4.37, fights for the 50/50 balls, has the body control to fight for the tough catches and is a guy that can find the endzone.

Also has shown to be a talented kick returner, bye bye Tate?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Would anyone take a chance on the German kid in the late rounds if he's there.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 05:04 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Would anyone take a chance on the German kid in the late rounds if he's there.

I'd rather not, give me somebody that has proven he can do more than run a fast 40. Look at how most projects end up for us.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 04:57 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Love Doctson but would probably lean Coleman in round 1, got the speed at 4.37, fights for the 50/50 balls, has the body control to fight for the tough catches and is a guy that can find the endzone.

Also has shown to be a talented kick returner, bye bye Tate?

Production and natural athleticism is very tempting, but I don't think the difference between Coleman and Doctson in terms of athleticism is enough to look past Doctson being better in basically everything else though.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 04:40 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Doctson's #1 on the WR board, I'd target him in the 1st.

So. Miss Mike Thomas is the mid round guy I'm taking.

Doctson's #1 on who's board?

I also like the Thomas guy a lot and could see the Bengals taking him - but the Michael Thomas I'm referring to went to Ohio State.

Corey Coleman reminds me of Steve Smith and, in my opinion, will be the best WR out of this terrible WR draft class. He is only 5'10" and the Bengals won't take a guy that short that high. They just won't regardless of talent.

(04-07-2016, 05:20 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Production and natural athleticism is very tempting, but I don't think the difference between Coleman and Doctson in terms of athleticism is enough to look past Doctson being better in basically everything else though.

What's he better in? He's taller, but not as good on ST, not as fast, not as quick, not as durable. I guess I don't get where Doctson does anything special when it comes to him vs. Coleman except be taller?
Reply/Quote
So you guy value Doctson over Treadwell? or is this with the assumption Treadwell will be gone when we pick.
Reply/Quote
Definitely Coleman. He has the speed and versatility (returner, slot, outside) that would make him useful instantly, even if LaFell is our primary #2. Plus if you throw Green, Eifert, Coleman and LaFell out there, who is the defense going to key on? Also, I just love his physicality. It reminds me of Steve Smith and I'm sure it fires up his teammates.

Doctson is nice, and probably is a more complete WR at this point, but he's not really going to scare anyone with his speed. And according to what I've read, he's struggled a bit with press on the few occasions he's seen it. Fwiw, he does seem more like the type of WR we go for though ("ok" speed, good size, productive in college). Doctson feels more like a Bengals pick. Also, Dalton would probably love adding a TCU guy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 05:36 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Corey Coleman reminds me of Steve Smith and, in my opinion, will be the best WR out of this terrible WR draft class. He is only 5'10" and the Bengals won't take a guy that short that high. They just won't regardless of talent.

Agreed, and it's probably your namesake's fault.  Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 05:36 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Doctson's #1 on who's board?

I also like the Thomas guy a lot and could see the Bengals taking him - but the Michael Thomas I'm referring to went to Ohio State.

Corey Coleman reminds me of Steve Smith and, in my opinion, will be the best WR out of this terrible WR draft class. He is only 5'10" and the Bengals won't take a guy that short that high. They just won't regardless of talent.

What's he better in? He's taller, but not as good on ST, not as fast, not as quick, not as durable. I guess I don't get where Doctson does anything special when it comes to him vs. Coleman except be taller?

For starters Doctson can actually catch the ball which is kinda important in a WR. 50/50 balls Doctson also gets the nod. Doctson is just much more well rounded. Coleman scares the shit outta me. Good speed and it seems to be very deceptive in the short range to allow him to beat DB's quickly off the ball but his 40 time was deceptive as far as his ability to go deep, he's not as good as some might expect at that. His size brings questions about his ability to play outside, and he drops a lot of easy passes when he works the middle of the field which is a huge problem. Seems downright scared coming across the middle from what I've seen. Biggest boom/bust of the first round WR's so for that reason alone I'd prefer the other guys. 

Fuller vs Coleman if they are the only two left would make for an interesting debate, but if Doctson or Treadwell is there at 24 id take either in a heartbeat
Reply/Quote
I predict Treadwell and Coleman will be gone by our pick.. I leaning Fuller if we pick in 1st round.. but I think we hold till 2nd round since there could just be 2 to 3 WRs taken in 1st round.. there will be alot available in 2nd round.. I like Tyler Boyd myself from West Virginia,, was able to produce with different QBs at the helm... needs to get thicker but has speed and great hands..... I see us going DE/DT in 1st round possible LBer.
Reply/Quote
I would like Doctson. He and Dalton can share that special TCU loooove.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 05:36 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Doctson's #1 on who's board?

My board obviously, I don't know their board, I couldn't know.

Let me preface, I like Coleman for the two reasons I already said, but Doctson's the better and cleaner prospect. He can step in and be asked to do more things as a pure receiver. There's not really anything he does bad. Much more reliable hands, great at high pointing the ball, by far the best in his class, compared to Coleman, his route tree is a redwood. And he does a better job getting separation off the breaks of those routes. Both are pretty equal in blocking and releasing off the LOS. In the end my edge goes to Doctson.

(04-07-2016, 05:37 PM)TKUHL Wrote: So you guy value Doctson over Treadwell? or is this with the assumption Treadwell will be gone when we pick.

Slightly, they are very similar but Doctson has more of a ceiling as a #1. 
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 05:54 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: For starters Doctson can actually catch the ball which is kinda important in a WR. 50/50 balls Doctson also gets the nod. Doctson is just much more well rounded. Coleman scares the shit outta me. Good speed and it seems to be very deceptive in the short range to allow him to beat DB's quickly off the ball but his 40 time was deceptive as far as his ability to go deep, he's not as good as some might expect at that. His size brings questions about his ability to play outside, and he drops a lot of easy passes when he works the middle of the field which is a huge problem. Seems downright scared coming across the middle from what I've seen. Biggest boom/bust of the first round WR's so for that reason alone I'd prefer the other guys. 

Fuller vs Coleman if they are the only two left would make for an interesting debate, but if Doctson or Treadwell is there at 24 id take either in a heartbeat

(04-07-2016, 06:10 PM)Stormborn Wrote: My board obviously, I don't know their board, I couldn't know.

Let me preface, I like Coleman for the two reasons I already said, but Doctson's the better and cleaner prospect. He can step in and be asked to do more things as a pure receiver. There's not really anything he does bad. Much more reliable hands, great at high pointing the ball, by far the best in his class, compared to Coleman, his route tree is a redwood. And he does a better job getting separation off the breaks of those routes. Both are pretty equal in blocking and releasing off the LOS. In the end my edge goes to Doctson.

Slightly, they are very similar but Doctson has more of a ceiling as a #1. 

I appreciate the break down, fellas!
Reply/Quote
Give me a double dip of buckeye. Michael Thomas in 1 Braxton Miller in 2. Both are accustomed to playing outside in the winter in ohio.

Best friends who were former roommates.

Michael Thomas just seems to have the workman like demeanor of AJ Green. He would be a big reliable target right away. Braxton needs some development but gives us the Swiss army knife ability of Sanu.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 06:24 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Give me a double dip of buckeye. Michael Thomas in 1 Braxton Miller in 2. Both are accustomed to playing outside in the winter in ohio.

Best friends who were former roommates.

Michael Thomas just seems to have the workman like demeanor of AJ Green. He would be a big reliable target right away. Braxton needs some development but gives us the Swiss army knife ability of Sanu.

Some are saying that the Bengals like Thomas more than any other prospect. I could see them taking him at 24. He's a big dude who can move and defeats the press. They say he's plenty smart, and will come into his own in the pros. He'll also benefit from a better QB situation.

I don't think Treadwell will be there but he's a stud. Separates, runs good routes, comes back for the ball, fights for the ball and is a stud blocking. I'd be thrilled if we took him. His 40 doesn't scare me.
Reply/Quote
They will pass on a WR in the first and draft Leonte Carroo in the second.
Reply/Quote
I take Coleman. He's unlike our other main receivers. Docston is similar to Green, just not as fast or as good. Well, you say, that's still pretty good! I agree, and think he would help us, but Coleman is tops on the quick scale, and runs a 4.37, and is a different type of receiver than we have, unless you count Alford, who is still developing.

I know a lot of people like Treadwell, but I just can't get my mind around that 40 time. BTW, I know Fuller is fast, but he looks slightly built, and an injury waiting to happen.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 08:23 PM)Thundercloud Wrote: I know a lot of people like Treadwell, but I just can't get my mind around that 40 time.  BTW, I know Fuller is fast, but he looks slightly built, and an injury waiting to happen.

I'm still on the Treadwell bandwagon (should he fall to us). He's a TJ Houshmanzadeh type who can wrestle the ball away from a DB. Excellent #2 guy to have and if you're 3rd and 9 deep in your own territory, he's who I would throw to. 

Reply/Quote