Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Who gets cut when Tez comes back ?
Carter.... He hasn't done a whole lot, and is a luxury on the defensive line.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 12:01 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Carter.... He hasn't done a whole lot, and is a luxury on the defensive line.

It most likely won't be someone they dress every game. 
It will probably be someone who doesn't get dressed (Hunt, Little, CLH) 
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 10:33 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I thought you were one that said it was a "good" signing and that he would actually be playing? I may be confusing you with somebody else though, so my apologies if that's wrong. I just could have sworn that you said that he's better than anyone other than Burfict out of our LBs.

FWIW, I thought he'd be better than he has been.

Not sure why.  He was an old and slow LB that even GB knew was past his prime.  I understand why they picked him up, but I wasn't one of those guys that had any expectations that he would make any sort of real impact at this point in his career.  
Reply/Quote
I think we go LB for LB so:

Hawk or Carter

I am leaning towards Hawk, but the coaches have to feel Tez is fully back.

I could see Little too, but I look at WR group and Little to me has closer #1 skills than others on out team so he may stick.

It is just very hard to say as we have no idea who adds value (practice also) as a guy like Little may help our defensive scout team that goes against our offense a couple of time a week more than someone else
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 12:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think we go LB for LB so:

Hawk or Carter

I am leaning towards Hawk, but the coaches have to feel Tez is fully back.

I could see Little too, but I look at WR group and Little to me has closer #1 skills than others on out team so he may stick.

It is just very hard to say as we have no idea who adds value (practice also) as a guy like Little may help our defensive scout team that goes against our offense a couple of time a week more than someone else

Little will be easy to bring back if we do cut him, history shows no one else will sign him. Carter can provide potential pass rush, unless you have pending jail time, if you can rush the passer you won't stick around in FA long.

I don't think we cut someone we dress every day. 
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 12:18 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Little will be easy to bring back if we do cut him, history shows no one else will sign him. Carter can provide potential pass rush, unless you have pending jail time, if you can rush the passer you won't stick around in FA long.

I don't think we cut someone we dress every day. 

You may be correct about Little, but all is takes is one GM of a needy WR team for him to be gone for good.

I know some on here have a goal of getting rid of Little so it fits their agenda and I respect that as well, I just disagree.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 12:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You may be correct about Little, but all is takes is one GM of a needy WR team for him to be gone for good.

I know some on here have a goal of getting rid of Little so it fits their agenda and I respect that as well, I just disagree.

If he's your dark horse guy, that's totally cool. James Wright has been the fringe guy I've believed in... I have a hard time getting behind Little after last year. We were desperate for help at receiver, and he just couldn't make it happen.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 12:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You may be correct about Little, but all is takes is one GM of a needy WR team for him to be gone for good.

It's not about a goal of getting rid of him, but you look at the inactives weekly and who is the most expendable? 
Little and Hunt. 

Why would they get rid of a guy who they dress every game over a guy they never play and offers nothing on ST? 
Reply/Quote
The coaches uncertainty of Tez's health is the reason I don't think it will be Hawk. If they knew for sure he wouldn't have any problems it would be Hawk but they are going to need to keep him for insurance I would think.

I don't think it will be Little either. I think little could end up being a steal. He was always kind of a head case but I think him sitting at home with no options and now sitting on the bench might be doing him wonders  by humbling him and getting him thinking right. He has the physical skills to be a great reciever but he needs to put the work in to see what he can be.

If I had to guess it will be carter. He is kind of a luxury to have. Bengals always talked about looking for a guy like carter but never really kept guys like him in the past when they could have.  If not carter alford to ps.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 01:23 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It's not about a goal of getting rid of him, but you look at the inactives weekly and who is the most expendable? 
Little and Hunt. 

Why would they get rid of a guy who they dress every game over a guy they never play and offers nothing on ST? 

If it was between those two I would have to ditch Little.

There is a possible need for Hunt if the defense played an enormous amount of snaps, meanwhile, I see no use for Little with how our offense has been playing.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 01:36 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: If it was between those two I would have to ditch Little.

There is a possible need for Hunt if the defense played an enormous amount of snaps, meanwhile, I see no use for Little with how our offense has been playing.

Even then, Clarke and Carter are there to take some snaps too. 

It would probably take a season ending injury for Hunt to get any real PT
Reply/Quote
Little or CLH or Uzomah.
Reply/Quote
a little off topic but how much did Dawson play Sunday? I saw him in after VRey went down and wanted to focus on him a little but got side tracked. Did he play alot and did he play well?
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 08:54 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: What makes you think that Burdict is coming back?

Burdict won't be coming back, but Burfict might.  Sorry, couldn't resist.   Wink
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure VB is ever coming back or if this is some head game to get teams to think about planning around him or what. I hope he makes it back and plays lights out, but it seems like we've seen this movie before on several occasions. Either way I'm not losing sleep over it. If he comes back someone goes but I doubt it's going to be any LB simply because they're so thin there if he doesn't pan out.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 02:42 PM)bonesaw Wrote: a little off topic but how much did Dawson play Sunday? I saw him in after VRey went down and wanted to focus on him a little but got side tracked. Did he play alot and did he play well?

I dont remember how much he was in there didnt seem very long he did notch a solo tackle. I think maybe lamur came in a little after that and played the rest of the game but i dont remember. his name didnt called much good or bad.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 03:16 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm not sure VB is ever coming back or if this is some head game to get teams to think about planning around him or what.  I hope he makes it back and plays lights out, but it seems like we've seen this movie before on several occasions. Either way I'm not losing sleep over it. If he comes back someone goes but I doubt it's going to be any LB simply because they're so thin there if he doesn't pan out.

He'll be back.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 10:11 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Lapham suggested AJ Hawk.  He doesn't play special teams.

Hawk isn't going anywhere. He brings a Super Bowl ring from Green Bay and we could use players that have won in the play-offs....IF Burfict comes back, it won't be Hawk getting cut. That would be a stupid move....Injuries to players will probably be a factor in this. If somebody really gets injured bad, he would go on an injured list and Burfict would come off. ......Little seems expendable, but what if we would get injuries at WR ( I hope not ). 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 02:14 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: Little or CLH or Uzomah.

The coaches seem high on Uzomah's potential, so I don't think it'd be him. He did nothing much to stay on the 53 during the preseason, but the coaches kept him. I think they're nervous to expose him to the waiver wire.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 01:36 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: If it was between those two I would have to ditch Little.

I forgot about Little.  Sold.  There is no way I would release Hunt.  He is one injury away from playing 35+ snaps a game. 
Reply/Quote