Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Who gets cut when Tez comes back ?
(10-29-2015, 03:58 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm calling out all posters on this forum....Please tell me if any of you believe, based on these vines, that Hunt is being "clearly blocked by a TE" or "neutralized" is the way Royal described it.  If you understand the LDE position, tell me what is wrong by what you see here.  These two plays mean Hunt sucks?  What do you see in these two plays? 

I wouldn't say it means he sucks. I would say it means that the TE clearly took him out of those plays.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 02:32 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Hahhaahhaha 
I posted 8 videos in the one thread, several clearly showing him blocked by a TE (there were more) and I'm making shit up.
I have consistently provided evidence on Hunt being not good. 
You just yell that I'm making shit up.

Look a TE blocking him:
https://vine.co/v/eTpAvwj0Uwa

Look another TE blocking him out of a play:
https://vine.co/v/eTpKqQF6Pde

Hahahahahaha. 

We've already established in another thread that you don't understand football, the Bengals, and that you don't even watch the games.

What sort of football noob finds 8 short clips of a guy getting blocked or not making a tackle and then says, based off of that, that he sucks? I guarantee you that every defensive player in the NFL has at some point not made a tackle, or been blocked by a TE on a play.

Only an absolute fool would post crap like that.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 03:58 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm calling out all posters on this forum....Please tell me if any of you believe, based on these vines, that Hunt is being "clearly blocked by a TE" or "neutralized" is the way Royal described it.  If you understand the LDE position, tell me what is wrong by what you see here.  These two plays mean Hunt sucks?  What do you see in these two plays? 

Considering all the times Hunt has been on the inactive roster this year, I can hardly see the point of a TE blocking him or not. He's not even been out enough to be blocked, which is a lower standing than being out there.

Hunt or Little or Lewis-Harris get the pink slip. The decision might just come down to which positions are banged up.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 05:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He turned that play back inside.  That is what he is supposed to do.

Football IQ....it helps.

And the other play he wasn't moved out of his spot.  His eyes were on the ball carrier the whole time.  Brandon Thompson, however, got washed out and lost his containment. 

Royal just doesn't get it. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 07:35 PM)PDub80 Wrote: We've already established in another thread that you don't understand football, the Bengals, and that you don't even watch the games.

What sort of football noob finds 8 short clips of a guy getting blocked or not making a tackle and then says, based off of that, that he sucks? I guarantee you that every defensive player in the NFL has at some point not made a tackle, or been blocked by a TE on a play.

The really funny part is, his two videos actually show a LDE doing his assignment, and this is his basis for "Hunt Sucks".  No, Royal sucks, at least when it comes to football knowledge.  The fact that he chirped so loudly and drew attention to his incompetence only further enhances the humor of his actions. 
Reply/Quote
With Burfict back in practice, TV 19 says he might be back after game 8, to play some against Houston in game 9.....I look for somebody really injured to be moved to the injured list.  If it is possible, they could move a rookie with the cleanest uniform not playing to the practice squad, maybe WR-Alford for example. .....I would not cut any of the playing active roster, and we need Hawk and his Super Bowl ring on this team to help us get Super Bowl rings. Plus, Burfict is no guarantee to not to re-injure the knee, get more concussions or get more game suspension for flying head hits. ( He really needs to stop that and learn how to tackle by the rules. His concussions, it would help him to stop the flying head hits that are illegal ) .  I want the Pro Bowler back, but I would keep the Pro Bowler Hawk as well, because Burfict is a huge question mark. I say keep them both and let's go to the Super Bowl....If somebody needs cut, cut somebody that hasn't played in the 6-0 start, don't cut Hawk or anybody that has played. Players that haven't played since preseason and hardly played then, one of those players are on the chopping block if needed. 

I don't understand at all any talk of cutting players that are playing because the team is 6-0.....Certainly there has to be one player that has not been in a game and stands little chance to get in a game and he is the player to be moved, not one of the players that has been playing. ....There, that guy with the cleanest uniform always by the Gatoraid. That guy that is barely on the team and has never played a snap. If someone must go, let it be him.  For example we have 3 TE's plus Hewitt and with Burfict back, maybe we don't need 4 TE's. ... find someone who never plays. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Ok as a WVU guy this hurts to say but...Mario Alfrord is the guy getting cut.

Here is my reasoning. Alford is a 5'9 180lb rookie 7th round slot only guy with no understanding of route concepts coming out of college ( sore spot for me WVU needs a new HC but I won't get into that here...) He didn't do anything in the preseason on offense or special teams. He should clear waivers and make the practice squad so he can continue to learn from the coaching staff.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 09:03 AM)Synric Wrote: Ok as a WVU guy this hurts to say but...Mario Alfrord is the guy getting cut.

Here is my reasoning. Alford is a 5'9 180lb rookie 7th round slot only guy with no understanding of route concepts coming out of college ( sore spot for me WVU needs a new HC but I won't get into that here...) He didn't do anything in the preseason on offense or special teams. He should clear waivers and make the practice squad so he can continue to learn from the coaching staff.

That would be my guess as well him or the late round TE
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 09:14 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: That would be my guess as well him or the late round TE

CJ Uzomah?  You mean the player that will always be known as "the guy who should have been Nick Boyle"?  I doubt they would give up on a 5th rounder so easily given our depth at the TE position vs. a guy like Little.  I hope Alford stays because I think he can be a weapon given his mercurial speed.

I just have very little (no pun intended) faith in Greg Little.  He is very inconsistent and that is not what we need.  Alford has more upside and the potential to develop in to a returner. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 09:03 AM)Synric Wrote: Ok as a WVU guy this hurts to say but...Mario Alfrord is the guy getting cut.

I think we have a winner right here.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 09:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I hope Alford stays because I think he can be a weapon given his mercurial speed.

I just have very little (no pun intended) faith in Greg Little.  He is very inconsistent and that is not what we need.  Alford has more upside and the potential to develop in to a returner. 

I'm hoping Alfrord develops as well.

Just pointing out that he wouldn't be much help if someone gets hurt at WR this year. He would have likely cleared waivers during final cuts and would still clear them now.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 09:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: CJ Uzomah?  You mean the player that will always be known as "the guy who should have been Nick Boyle"?  I doubt they would give up on a 5th rounder so easily given our depth at the TE position vs. a guy like Little.  I hope Alford stays because I think he can be a weapon given his mercurial speed.

I would put little on the field before Alford... Little was showing an understanding of our playbook and making good catches in the preseason. And has been around the game long enough to know the ropes.

Alford does have a lot of upside.. But potential aint production.

And i think Uzomah would be extremely easy to get onto the Practice Squad the little action he saw in the preseason was highlighted by drops.

Thats not given up on him thats saying he needs more time and hes not gonna play a snap unless we get depleted by injury with Eifert Hewitt Kroft Fisher and Burkhead getting snaps from that spot ahead of him
Reply/Quote
Can't cycle through all of these just now, but I really, really, really doubt a contributing player will get let go when this decision is made.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
We're not cutting a rookie to bring Tez back.

It'll be a veteran who is just reserve for injury.

If a WR ever gets injured, Little will likely still be sitting and waiting on the free agent market.

Or, perhaps, we cut Hunt who will definitely still be sitting on the free agent market if we get 3 injuries along the defensive line.
Reply/Quote
Probably should just cut Dalton now. AJM is just as good according to some on here.

Popcorn

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
I think hunt and little are depth and alford is just potiential at this point. During the season I think depth trumps potiential. He would clear wavers to the ps.
Reply/Quote
All signs point to Uzomah or CLH.

Hunt is one play away from activation and honestly the potential for a splash play with him is higher than the 4th TE or CLH
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 04:00 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: All signs point to Uzomah or CLH.

Hunt is one play away from activation and honestly the potential for a splash play with him is higher than the 4th TE or CLH

What signs?
Reply/Quote
AJ Green......ducks..... :)
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 05:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He turned that play back inside.  That is what he is supposed to do.

He shouldn't just turn the play back inside when blocked by a TE. He should end the play. 
It's a zone run. The cut back is always supposed to be there. He shouldn't be negated by a TE that easily. 

(10-29-2015, 07:35 PM)PDub80 Wrote: We've already established in another thread that you don't understand football, the Bengals, and that you don't even watch the games.

Oh look #1 is back.
It was specific to the game at hand when I originally posted them.
Again, I never said those specific 8 plays. 
His career says he sucks. But hey, whatever . 

Go on more about how formations don't matter when running. 

(10-29-2015, 11:09 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Football IQ....it helps.

And the other play he wasn't moved out of his spot.  His eyes were on the ball carrier the whole time.  Brandon Thompson, however, got washed out and lost his containment. 

Royal just doesn't get it. 

I don't get it? You are the one saying a guy who is inactive for 7 games, ineffective every other time he plays is going to make the team outta nowhere and get 35 snaps. 

He was in position to make the play. He let the TE prevent that. That's considered a win block by the TE. 
You can't say Thompson got "washed out" then say Hunt did a good job. 
They both lost their blocks there. Make a ***** play. 
Reply/Quote