Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Who gets cut when Tez comes back ?
Little will be the cut. They can release him, and nobody will pick him up. They can call him back in off the streets if they need him due to injuries, and he will already know the system.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 04:20 PM)kevin Wrote: Hawk isn't going anywhere. He brings a Super Bowl ring from Green Bay and we could use players that have won in the play-offs....IF Burfict comes back, it won't be Hawk getting cut. That would be a stupid move....Injuries to players will probably be a factor in this. If somebody really gets injured bad, he would go on an injured list and Burfict would come off. ......Little seems expendable, but what if we would get injuries at WR ( I hope not ). 

Marvin Lewis has a SB ring for that matter.  I just don't see how that matters at all at this point.
Reply/Quote
I agree with the guys saying Little or Hunt. If I had to guess I'd say Hunt, he was probably #53 making the team.

I'd be pretty shocked if they cut Hawk.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 05:25 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I agree with the guys saying Little or Hunt. If I had to guess I'd say Hunt, he was probably #53 making the team.

I'd be pretty shocked if they cut Hawk.

I could see hunt... I think the probly kept him this year in case MJs return didnt go well..

but with MJ and Dunlap under contract for a few more years and hunt coming close to the end of his rookie deal with no real production yet he could be a causalty.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 04:52 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I forgot about Little.  Sold.  There is no way I would release Hunt.  He is one injury away from playing 35+ snaps a game. 

No he isn't.

Will Clarke, Pat Sims and Brandon Thompson are sitting at under 70 snaps thru 6 games. 
So even if one of the starters goes down at DE, then Hunt MIGHT get activated....but he won't see 35+ snaps a game.

Clarke would see his snap count go up before Hunt.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 08:51 AM)iamjed Wrote: Who gets cut when Tez comes back ?

Whoever it is, it will be the wrong guy.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 05:54 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: No he isn't.

Will Clarke, Pat Sims and Brandon Thompson are sitting at under 70 snaps thru 6 games. 
So even if one of the starters goes down at DE, then Hunt MIGHT get activated....but he won't see 35+ snaps a game.

Clarke just rant right past the Estonian, didn't he?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
If and when he is activated, I look for either Greg Little or even Margus Hunt to be cut. I think the more likely candidate is Little because he has not been active in any of the six games this season so he would not be missed. I think it would be a mistake to even consider cutting a lb because of the problems they encountered last year when they were decimated by injuries at the position. I think with wr we would be ok because they can use Burkhead if and when he is needed. However as for Burfict, I know everyone is wanting him back soon and I do to, but I just hope he is not activated until he is 100 percent healthy. However this defense will be so much better if he is given the green light because he is the captain of the defense without question. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
I would guess Little for sure. He has the least amount of risk in being signed elsewhere. My guess is the Bengals hedge their bets with him still being around if need be.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 06:14 PM)McC Wrote: Clarke just rant right past the Estonian, didn't he?

Yep.
He should the ability to be a football player, not just an athlete. 
Reply/Quote
I'm guessing they will string this out for the maximum number of weeks thinking there is possibly going to be a IR type of injury at some point.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 05:54 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: No he isn't.

He (Clarke) would get worn down quickly at LDE.  If Dunlap were out, I think you would see Hunt and Clarke split the snaps and could get that number easily.  Thompson and Sims have never, and would never, play LDE. 

So, yes, he is. 
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 04:58 PM)Beaker Wrote: Little will be the cut. They can release him, and nobody will pick him up. They can call him back in off the streets if they need him due to injuries, and he will already know the system.

pittsburg will pick him up, and make him a team captain in our game.  (Yes, that was a shot at you, Rex Ryan)
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 01:23 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It's not about a goal of getting rid of him, but you look at the inactives weekly and who is the most expendable? 
Little and Hunt. 

Why would they get rid of a guy who they dress every game over a guy they never play and offers nothing on ST? 

I saw Little play special teams in the pre-season for the first time in his career. He did well on special teams and another reason I feel Little will stay. To me, the bigger issue is depth as when Burfict comes back, someone leaves. The Bengals can't just sign a WR now and put him on the practice squad to replace Little (if he is he cut) as they won't have time to learn the offense as we saw a year ago with Little and he is a vet.

I think Little is learning humility and I am hopeful he is watching a very talented WR group learning how to be a real pro. He is young and has great physical skills so I disagree if we cut him, he gets passed over by 31 teams. If we cut him, I think he is gone and why it  concerns me to cut a WR to add a LB.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Haven't we brought Little, Hamilton or Ghee back for the millionth time? Cut one of them. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2015, 09:10 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He (Clarke) would get worn down quickly at LDE.  If Dunlap were out, I think you would see Hunt and Clarke split the snaps and could get that number easily.  Thompson and Sims have never, and would never, play LDE. 

So, yes, he is. 

Huh? How on earth could you know that but Hunt, the guy who hasn't played all season would be fine?

Do you not understand math?
the back ups don't play nearly as much as you think. That is why I mentioned Sims and Thompson.
All 3 of the DL backups are sitting at under 70 snaps through 6 games. 
That's roughly 12 snaps a game.

Why would Hunt magically get 3x that amount when he is by far and away the worst of the bunch?

If one DE goes down, Clarke would see his snaps go way up.
Carter would see his snaps increase.
Then if activated, Hunt might get around the 12 if he's lucky. 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2015, 09:40 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I saw Little play special teams in the pre-season for the first time in his career. He did well on special teams and another reason I feel Little will stay. To me, the bigger issue is depth as when Burfict comes back, someone leaves. The Bengals can't just sign a WR now and put him on the practice squad to replace Little (if he is he cut) as they won't have time to learn the offense as we saw a year ago with Little and he is a vet.

I think Little is learning humility and I am hopeful he is watching a very talented WR group learning how to be a real pro. He is young and has great physical skills so I disagree if we cut him, he gets passed over by 31 teams. If we cut him, I think he is gone and why it  concerns me to cut a WR to add a LB.

Little isn't going anywhere though.
You can disagree all you want, but it's been done enough times he isn't going anywhere. No one is that much worse now at WR than in summer. 
Reply/Quote
We currently only dress 4 WRs and then Rex. If there is an area we can cut it is WR. Alford or Little would be that cut. Depends upon what the coaches think. Regardless of who we release we'll be cutting a pretty good player. Little isn't a bad WR and Alford has that "potential" tag with his speed.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2015, 12:45 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Huh? How on earth could you know that but Hunt, the guy who hasn't played all season would be fine?

Do you not understand math?
the back ups don't play nearly as much as you think. That is why I mentioned Sims and Thompson.
All 3 of the DL backups are sitting at under 70 snaps through 6 games. 
That's roughly 12 snaps a game.

Why would Hunt magically get 3x that amount when he is by far and away the worst of the bunch?

If one DE goes down, Clarke would see his snaps go way up.
Carter would see his snaps increase.
Then if activated, Hunt might get around the 12 if he's lucky. 

Do I not understand math?  Funny and original.

Here goes:  Carter is a pass rushing toy.  He can't set the edge at LDE.  His snaps would be minimal at LDE if Dunlap went down.  How many snaps are there in an average game? Around 70?  And Dunlap is playing nearly all of them at LDE. Thompson and Sims are SHARING time at one of two rotational DT positions.  Clarke is SHARING time at RDE with Gilberry and MJ.  He has played only a few snaps at LDE for Dunlap.  If the entire 70 snaps per game of Dunlap go down, then it would be a platoon of Clarke and Hunt at LDE.  Again, you would not see Sims or Thompson here.   Averaging them would provide 35 snaps each.  Get it now?
Reply/Quote
"BURFICT" is not coming back until you candy pants stop calling him "tez".
Reply/Quote