Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Who gets cut when Tez comes back ?
Gilberry is playing DT on passing downs as much as he is DE. IMHO, with apologies to Geno, losing Dunlap would be the biggest loss on the entire Defense
Reply/Quote
We can't forget there are THREE players elgible to come off of PUP. Sean Porter may be the closest to coming off of PUP since he is now a year out from his ACL tear. IMO, Cedric Ogbuehi is going to land on season ending IR. I simply don't see the logic of activating him at this point. He is not likely to get any playing time and he has had zero practice time with the team. They can't risk his exposure on the practice squad so IR it is. Burfict...late November sounds right. It would be nice to have him back but I don't want him to be tentative on that knee. If that happens he could be more of a hinderance than a help.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 07:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Do I not understand math?  Funny and original.

Here goes:  Carter is a pass rushing toy.  He can't set the edge at LDE.  His snaps would be minimal at LDE if Dunlap went down.  How many snaps are there in an average game? Around 70?  And Dunlap is playing nearly all of them at LDE. Thompson and Sims are SHARING time at one of two rotational DT positions.  Clarke is SHARING time at RDE with Gilberry and MJ.  He has played only a few snaps at LDE for Dunlap.  If the entire 70 snaps per game of Dunlap go down, then it would be a platoon of Clarke and Hunt at LDE.  Again, you would not see Sims or Thompson here.   Averaging them would provide 35 snaps each.  Get it now?

So, according to you, they would go from not dressing Hunt to roughly half the snaps?

Do you see how silly this is? 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 04:51 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: So, according to you, they would go from not dressing Hunt to roughly half the snaps?

Do you see how silly this is? 

Did you even read the post?  Tell me who else will take those other snaps at LDE? 

This should be entertaining if nothing else. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 04:56 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Did you even read the post?  Tell me who else will take those other snaps at LDE? 

This should be entertaining if nothing else. 

You will have Clarke, Gilberry and Johnson.

Gilberry becomes the starter. 
Clarke sees more snaps.

My guess is, you would see Both Sims and Thompson dressed before Hunt and Gilberry sees more snaps at DE. 

Carter may even get more reps in the nickel not just dime
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 11:24 AM)pally Wrote: We can't forget there are THREE players elgible to come off of PUP. Sean Porter may be the closest to coming off of PUP since he is now a year out from his ACL tear.

Sean Porter is the Bengals' Schrödinger's cat. Stop pretending they'll ever open the box.

At this point I'm pretty sure that mail addressed to "Sean Porter, Injured Reserve, Cincinnati OH" gets delivered by the Post Office.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 05:14 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: You will have Clarke, Gilberry and Johnson.

Gilberry becomes the starter. 
Clarke sees more snaps.

My guess is, you would see Both Sims and Thompson dressed before Hunt and Gilberry sees more snaps at DE. 

Carter may even get more reps in the nickel not just dime

You are plugging the hole with the existing players that already have a lot on their plate?  Gilberry has probably played less than 10 snaps at LDE in his CAREER.  Ditto Johnson.  And Clarke?  Yes, but with a rotation of Hunt.  Why on earth would you weaken two other spots to fill this void over Hunt? 

You haven't answered the question that you so quickly dismissed in your original post.  70 snaps at LDE.  Who gets them?  Break it down.

Mine:  Hunt 35, Clarke 35

Yours?
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 09:47 AM)Curtis85 Wrote: "BURFICT" is not coming back until you candy pants stop calling him  "tez".

If only this could stop that horrible nickname...
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 08:03 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: You are plugging the hole with the existing players that already have a lot on their plate?  Gilberry has probably played less than 10 snaps at LDE in his CAREER.  Ditto Johnson.  And Clarke?  Yes, but with a rotation of Hunt.  Why on earth would you weaken two other spots to fill this void over Hunt? 

You haven't answered the question that you so quickly dismissed in your original post.  70 snaps at LDE.  Who gets them?  Break it down.

Mine:  Hunt 35, Clarke 35

Yours?

Gilberry 45
Clarke 25

Johnson has to play most of his. But Clarke can easily take about 10 of those. 

Because Hunt is a walking weakness. 
Reply/Quote
It should be either Margus Hunt or Greg Little.

Neither would really fly off the waiver wire. Neither has played a single game this year.

Both are at positions that we have plenty of depth at.

If an injury occurs, we could call either of them back.

I think it would be pretty easy decision.

I predict Greg Little.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 12:07 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Gilberry 45
Clarke 25

Johnson has to play most of his. But Clarke can easily take about 10 of those. 

Because Hunt is a walking weakness. 

So, you effectively end the rotation because you don't like Hunt.  You have Gilberry, with virtually no experience playing the position, playing the majority of snaps at LDE over Hunt, a guy who actually plays that position. Now you have virtually no rotation on the RDE side and Gilberry no longer rotates in to DT on passing downs. 

You have weakened the RDE and RDT position and filled the LDE position with a guy that wore down last season playing RDE. 

No, Gilberry keeps his role, Clarke would slightly expand his at LDE and Hunt would fill in the rest. 
Reply/Quote
I thought maybe Carter at first but I totally forgot to look at the guys who are on the 53 and not active every week, then one comes to mind. Greg Little.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 08:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: So, you effectively end the rotation because you don't like Hunt.  You have Gilberry, with virtually no experience playing the position, playing the majority of snaps at LDE over Hunt, a guy who actually plays that position. Now you have virtually no rotation on the RDE side and Gilberry no longer rotates in to DT on passing downs. 

You have weakened the RDE and RDT position and filled the LDE position with a guy that wore down last season playing RDE. 

No, Gilberry keeps his role, Clarke would slightly expand his at LDE and Hunt would fill in the rest. 

Because he isn't good. 
He is not good at the sport of football.
He can no longer just out muscle every one since they aren't 19 year old kids lining up across from him.

You activate Sims and Thompson instead of just 1. 
Thompson plays Gilberry's DT snaps.
Sims takes the extra NT snaps.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 02:06 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Because he isn't good. 
He is not good at the sport of football.
He can no longer just out muscle every one since they aren't 19 year old kids lining up across from him.

You activate Sims and Thompson instead of just 1. 
Thompson plays Gilberry's DT snaps.
Sims takes the extra NT snaps.

Your opinion.  I thought (and so did PFF) Hunt looked good in the preseason, and that was coming off a back injury.

Activating Sims and Thompson (so who else gets deactivated?) would only fill the void of Gilberry's rotational play at DT.  It would do NOTHING to help MJ on the right side, nor would it help fill Carlos's snaps?

You said Gilberry and Clarke for 70 snaps at LDE, with Gilberry getting most of them.  You weakened the rotation at RDE, the work Gilberry does in some passing downs at DT, and you are playing Gilberry in a position he is unfamiliar with (LDE). 

Hunt and Clarke would be at LDE.  Gilberry would keep doing what he has been doing so he doesn't disappear by year's end, like last year.  The Bengals are aiming for week 19.  The finish line is not the end of the regular season.  They need to be at full strength for the playoffs.  Wearing out Gilberry and MJ is not a good way to accomplish this feat. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 10:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Your opinion.  I thought (and so did PFF) Hunt looked good in the preseason, and that was coming off a back injury.

Activating Sims and Thompson (so who else gets deactivated?) would only fill the void of Gilberry's rotational play at DT.  It would do NOTHING to help MJ on the right side, nor would it help fill Carlos's snaps?

You said Gilberry and Clarke for 70 snaps at LDE, with Gilberry getting most of them.  You weakened the rotation at RDE, the work Gilberry does in some passing downs at DT, and you are playing Gilberry in a position he is unfamiliar with (LDE). 

Hunt and Clarke would be at LDE.  Gilberry would keep doing what he has been doing so he doesn't disappear by year's end, like last year.  The Bengals are aiming for week 19.  The finish line is not the end of the regular season.  They need to be at full strength for the playoffs.  Wearing out Gilberry and MJ is not a good way to accomplish this feat. 

Yes and there is why you (and PFF) are wrong. He wasn't good. He didn't DO anything. His plays largely came unblocked or against the TE of the other team. Teams blatantly disregarded him. 

No one else gets deactivated. 
One of them is always activated anyways.
So just play both of them so Gilberry doesn't have to play DT as often.

Yes, weaken on DE a bit to prevent the other from being a complete liability. 

This all sounds so familiar because you go above and beyond to defend Hunt often it seems
http://bengalsboard.net/Thread-Chris-Carter-Over-Margus-Hunt?highlight=Margus+Hunt

Here's another time we had this discussion where you completely went above and beyond to turn his awful plays into not bad ones.
http://bengalsboard.net/Thread-Indy-game-thoughts?pid=55733#pid55733
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 10:50 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Yes and there is why you (and PFF) are wrong. He wasn't good. He didn't DO anything. His plays largely came unblocked or against the TE of the other team. Teams blatantly disregarded him. 

No one else gets deactivated. 
One of them is always activated anyways.
So just play both of them so Gilberry doesn't have to play DT as often.

Yes, weaken on DE a bit to prevent the other from being a complete liability. 

This all sounds so familiar because you go above and beyond to defend Hunt often it seems
http://bengalsboard.net/Thread-Chris-Carter-Over-Margus-Hunt?highlight=Margus+Hunt

Here's another time we had this discussion where you completely went above and beyond to turn his awful plays into not bad ones.
http://bengalsboard.net/Thread-Indy-game-thoughts?pid=55733#pid55733

Completely false.  In the preseason, he did a lot of good things.  I isolated just him and watched him collapse the pocket time and time again.  You whine that "all he does is bullrush" without understanding that given the down and distance, that might be exactly his assignment.  He was not blocked by a TE hardly at all and teams didn't disregard him whatsoever.  You are just making this shit up at this point.

Previous arguments only prove my consistency.  I have evaluated him objectively from day 1.  I saw improvement from him and I still believe he can play in this league.  It took a lot of players (not just ones with limited football experience) a good deal of time before they became impact players.  Look at Michael Bennett.  He didn't do very much until his fourth year and he was given more opportunities.  Hunt has had some unfortunate injuries as well.

You can call it defending him, man-crush, whatever.  There is simply no way the Bengals feel like you do and would release Hunt when Vontaze comes back. 

And you pinhead, the second thread you linked was synric, not SHRacerX.  The first link only showed that I am reiterating exactly what I said previously, and others supported (including the Bengals) whereas your hatred for the guy seems to only make you look more and more foolish. 

I hope he DOESN'T get a chance because that would mean Dunlap got injured, but I believe they aren't getting rid of him anytime soon.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 01:47 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Completely false.  In the preseason, he did a lot of good things.  I isolated just him and watched him collapse the pocket time and time again.  You whine that "all he does is bullrush" without understanding that given the down and distance, that might be exactly his assignment.  He was not blocked by a TE hardly at all and teams didn't disregard him whatsoever.  You are just making this shit up at this point.

Previous arguments only prove my consistency.  I have evaluated him objectively from day 1.  I saw improvement from him and I still believe he can play in this league.  It took a lot of players (not just ones with limited football experience) a good deal of time before they became impact players.  Look at Michael Bennett.  He didn't do very much until his fourth year and he was given more opportunities.  Hunt has had some unfortunate injuries as well.

You can call it defending him, man-crush, whatever.  There is simply no way the Bengals feel like you do and would release Hunt when Vontaze comes back. 

And you pinhead, the second thread you linked was synric, not SHRacerX.  The first link only showed that I am reiterating exactly what I said previously, and others supported (including the Bengals) whereas your hatred for the guy seems to only make you look more and more foolish. 

I hope he DOESN'T get a chance because that would mean Dunlap got injured, but I believe they aren't getting rid of him anytime soon.

Hahhaahhaha 
I posted 8 videos in the one thread, several clearly showing him blocked by a TE (there were more) and I'm making shit up.
I have consistently provided evidence on Hunt being not good. 
You just yell that I'm making shit up.

Look a TE blocking him:
https://vine.co/v/eTpAvwj0Uwa

Look another TE blocking him out of a play:
https://vine.co/v/eTpKqQF6Pde

Hahahahahaha. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 02:32 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Hahhaahhaha 
I posted 8 videos in the one thread, several clearly showing him blocked by a TE (there were more) and I'm making shit up.
I have consistently provided evidence on Hunt being not good. 
You just yell that I'm making shit up.

Look a TE blocking him:
https://vine.co/v/eTpAvwj0Uwa

Look another TE blocking him out of a play:

Hahahahahaha. 

I'm calling out all posters on this forum....Please tell me if any of you believe, based on these vines, that Hunt is being "clearly blocked by a TE" or "neutralized" is the way Royal described it.  If you understand the LDE position, tell me what is wrong by what you see here.  These two plays mean Hunt sucks?  What do you see in these two plays? 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 02:32 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Look another TE blocking him out of a play:

Hahahahahaha. 

He turned that play back inside.  That is what he is supposed to do.
Reply/Quote
Do not really care who is replaced, but would say Hawk.

Just want his return to 100%.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote