Other
4.44%
4 4.44%
Total 90 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is our PK
(08-31-2017, 11:27 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Going with Elliott.

Ill deal with some growing pains.

Bullocks miss vs houston last year is still fresh in my mind.

Elliott could still prove to be clutch. Bullock has proven he is not.

This is my thinking as well, but I voted Bullock.  Sad
Reply/Quote
I voted who SHOULD be the PK, Bullock.

Granted, I probably should have voted who I THOUGHT would be the PK, Elliott. I still doubt Mike Brown would waste a 5th round pick and $250k on Elliott and not have him make the roster. Even if he kicked 57.1% (insert puking here) in the preseason.

This is a guy who does business for his $1b franchise at Wendy's.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I will get a real kick out of us cutting our 5th round kicker

When the could have drafted Jermaine Eluemunor or Isac Asiata and had rookie starting OT or G over a cut, weak legged kicker who would have been available as an UDFA.
Reply/Quote
Here's my thinking: the Bengals drafted a kicker for a reason. For a variety of reasons, I'm sure, the Bengals were not high on Bullock after last season. Hence why they drafted a kicker and made sure they got the one they want.

There's no doubt Bullock was the better kicker in the preseason, but the Bengals are not picking their kicker based on how well they did in the preseason. Right or wrong, the Bengals are looking to the past and future in their decision.

That's why I think they'll pick Elliot as the K. I just hope he proves them right.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 10:21 AM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: I will get a real kick out of us cutting our 5th round kicker

When the could have drafted Jermaine Eluemunor  or Isac Asiata and had  rookie starting  OT or G over a cut, weak legged kicker who would have been available as an UDFA.

Get out of here with that bullshit. Elliot is NOT a weak-legged kicker.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I went Elliott because they both missed clutch kicks, yet Elliott showed the leg to hit a 60 yarder (even though he was just wide left).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What? Nobody wants to resign good ol Mikey "the local choke artist" Nugent?  C'mon, it was only 1, ok 2..maybe 3...or was it 4 rotten seasons? We're BENGALS fans! We HAVE TO accept lousy seasons. It's in our DNA! 
I'm going with the big E.. $90,000 per season cheaper..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 09:00 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I voted who SHOULD be the PK, Bullock.

Granted, I probably should have voted who I THOUGHT would be the PK, Elliott. I still doubt Mike Brown would waste a 5th round pick and $250k on Elliott and not have him make the roster. Even if he kicked 57.1% (insert puking here) in the preseason.

This is a guy who does business for his $1b franchise at Wendy's.

100% this.

Sorry not sorry, but Elliott sucks. If he's the choice, he's going to make 2016 Nugent look like a legend.

I'm really sick of watching this FO sink the entire team for the sake of developing 1 player (Ogbuehi, Bodine, now possibly Elliott).

Not that Bullock is setting the world ablaze, but at least he's capable of being an 80% kicker.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 02:33 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Great..  lets all cheer for the long foul ball that could be a HR if only  it weren't foul. Mellow

He had two chances to win the game and failed. That we know.

So did Bullock?

And we know Bullock won't make the big on for us in the regular season too. 

Why not take the bigger leg at that point and hope he can get some hits down?

Our kicking situation is still unsolved, no matter who we take. 
Reply/Quote
Agree with that. ^
Reply/Quote
The bottom line is that the team knows what they have with Bullock. He was here last year. The challenge is to figure out if Elliott has the upside to be a better kicker.

He's a rookie, just like Mixon, Ross, Willis, Lawson etc. If you are going to live with some rookie issues with those guys, you need to with a kicker as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 12:06 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The bottom line is that the team knows what they have with Bullock.  He was here last year.  The challenge is to figure out if Elliott has the upside to be a better kicker.

He's a rookie, just like Mixon, Ross, Willis, Lawson etc.  If you are going to live with some rookie issues with those guys, you need to with a kicker as well.

Whomever they decide to go with, they will have an entire week to not share snaps in practices. That should help Elliot a lot!   Wink
Reply/Quote
Something people need to remember is that all kickers miss kicks. Of kickers who attempted at least 20 field goals only 3 made 90% or better. Most kickers hit between 82% and 89% which means on an average season most kickers will miss around 5 kicks give or take 1. Bullock missing 1 of 9 attempts actually puts him on pace for what you'd expect in a 27-30 attempt season, obviously it's not that easy to extrapolate out but people freaking out over one kick is an over reaction because of what we dealt with in Nugent.

This preseason Bullock has shown in games and practice he is better. Cutting a fifth rounder really isn't that big a deal and keeping him just because he is a 5th rounder is a disservice to the team.
Reply/Quote
Not massively confident in either but ivoted Bullock...from the camp reports and pre season he had the better success rate so right now if my life depended on the next FG i would go with him. With his one miss he's given them the excuse to go with Elliott and save money and face.

People talking about the 'potential' of Elliott is fine and dandy but if this team is as talented as many people on this board believe we cannot afford to waste a year whilst he may miss FG/PATs.

Whoever wins out I hope and pray they have a good start to the season. We saw with Nuge last year that once kickers miss one the confidence can go quick...
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 12:06 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The bottom line is that the team knows what they have with Bullock.  He was here last year.  The challenge is to figure out if Elliott has the upside to be a better kicker.

He's a rookie, just like Mixon, Ross, Willis, Lawson etc.  If you are going to live with some rookie issues with those guys, you need to with a kicker as well.

Hammerstripes....this is where I disagree  (not that he's a rookie obviously  Smirk)

There is no position (even QB) where you're capability is directly linked to points.   

Therefore if you 'live with issues' you basically saying you live with the real risk of losing points on the board....rookie or otherwise serious teams with playoff aspirations cannot do that with kicker.

We saw with Roberto Aguayo that if a kicker has problems as a rookie there is no hiding place and it can get toxic quickly.   

Other rookies/youngsters having problems (e.g. Ogbuehi) you can move around , try different positions , scheme around them, swap them in / out......if you're the kicker , your the kicker and you cannot be protected as a rookie
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 11:24 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 100% this.

Sorry not sorry, but Elliott sucks.
If he's the choice, he's going to make 2016 Nugent look like a legend.

I'm really sick of watching this FO sink the entire team for the sake of developing 1 player (Ogbuehi, Bodine, now possibly Elliott).

Not that Bullock is setting the world ablaze, but at least he's capable of being an 80% kicker.

Big overreaction and BS statement

Elliott will have a better NFL career than Bullock. I have no doubt. A guy misses a 60 yard field goal 3 yards wide left and he sucks????????????? Ridiculous statement.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 01:09 PM)sonofstat Wrote: Hammerstripes....this is where I disagree  (not that he's a rookie obviously  Smirk)

There is no position (even QB) where you're capability is directly linked to points.   

Therefore if you 'live with issues' you basically saying you live with the real risk of losing points on the board....rookie or otherwise serious teams with playoff aspirations cannot do that with kicker.

We saw with Roberto Aguayo that if a kicker has problems as a rookie there is no hiding place and it can get toxic quickly.   

Other rookies/youngsters having problems (e.g. Ogbuehi) you can move around , try different positions , scheme around them, swap them in / out......if you're the kicker , your the kicker and you cannot be protected as a rookie

Aguayo was horrid all year last year, could not make extra points. This is not a good comparison, only thing apples to apples are they were both rookies.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Sucks but they have to ride the horse they picked. Hopefully Elliott gets it together.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 01:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Big overreaction and BS statement

Elliott will have a better NFL career than Bullock. I have no doubt. A guy misses a 60 yard field goal 3 yards wide left and he sucks????????????? Ridiculous statement.

I'm telling you, his kicks look beautiful and are all hit well; that's why I like him; its why I was such a big fan of Nuge', though it all got to his head last year. Nuge's kicks in person were an absolute thing of beauty and he always hit them well; this is why I think Elliot is fine.

Aguayo's kicks are kicked terribly and there isn't a ton of height to them, in comparison; if you look at Tucker, all of his kicks are hit beautifully as well and Elliot has potential due to the fact that many of his kicks have the trajectory and spin that Tucker's have.

Just need to iron out the kinks, that's all.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 01:09 PM)sonofstat Wrote: Hammerstripes....this is where I disagree  (not that he's a rookie obviously  Smirk)

I get what you are saying, but you can't expect a rookie to come in and be the best in the league.  It's rare.

I'm not saying that Elliott shouldn't be replaced if he struggles, but you have to live with some growing pains as long as he's an average NFL kicker.
Reply/Quote