Other
4.44%
4 4.44%
Total 90 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is our PK
(09-01-2017, 03:01 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I get what you are saying, but you can't expect a rookie to come in and be the best in the league.  It's rare.

I'm not saying that Elliott shouldn't be replaced if he struggles, but you have to live with some growing pains as long as he's an average NFL kicker.

Plus that 60+ yard leg is worth a risk.
Nugent, Graham and the other ones in between didn't have that leg here. 

I will put up with more if the leg is big enough on the off chance he puts it together and you get Justin Tucker 
Reply/Quote
Meh, neither one is inspiring. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Wow! Im really surprised the guy who has been winning all pre season is that far behind in the poll. It's amazing what one game can do. The other day I would have said Bullock hands down. I still voted Bullock but like many have said I don't think it really matters at this point. Can Elliott win games for us? We already know Bullock can lose them. I think Brown goes with the more invested and cheaper option at this point. Welcome to the team Elliott.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 04:23 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Wow! Im really surprised the guy who has been winning all pre season is that far behind in the poll. It's amazing what one game can do. The other day I would have said Bullock hands down. I still voted Bullock but like many have said I don't think it really matters at this point. Can Elliott win games for us? We already know Bullock can lose them. I think Brown goes with the more invested and cheaper option at this point. Welcome to the team Elliott.

It's not one game. It's the history. 

He's below average in "clutch" situations. 

[Image: L01e0aKZ.jpg]
Reply/Quote
At this point we have seen what Bullock can do... I'd probly roll with Elliot who I'm sure will miss a kick here or there (both would) but I think Elliot could end up the better of the 2 options

With Elliot having the history of being clutch in big situations in college.

I don't think either really outshined the other. (but I didn't see every kick this preseason so idk and word was Elliot was struggling more in practice.)

Either way we should have less kicker concerns than last year.
Reply/Quote
Which kicker would you take in fantasy football? I would take Bullock and pass on Elliot.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 04:38 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: At this point we have seen what Bullock can do...  I'd probly roll with Elliot who I'm sure will miss a kick here or there (both would) but I think Elliot could end up the better of the 2 options

With Elliot having the history of being clutch in big situations in college.

I don't think either really outshined the other. (but I didn't see every kick this preseason so idk  and word was Elliot was struggling more in practice.)

Either way  we should have less kicker concerns than last year.

Why would we have less concerns with Elliot than we did last year? He has missed quite a few kicks in practice and even if we take out the 60 yarder he is 4 of 6 so far in games. I think if we go with Elliot we have a very similar kicking season as we did last year. Maybe he has higher upside, but how many games do you want to lose this season to wait for him to get there?

People say Bullock struggles, but the guy has only missed 2 kicks over the last calendar year (15 of 17) .
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 02:01 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'm telling you, his kicks look beautiful and are all hit well; that's why I like him; its why I was such a big fan of Nuge', though it all got to his head last year. Nuge's kicks in person were an absolute thing of beauty and he always hit them well; this is why I think Elliot is fine.

Aguayo's kicks are kicked terribly and there isn't a ton of height to them, in comparison; if you look at Tucker, all of his kicks are hit beautifully as well and Elliot has potential due to the fact that many of his kicks have the trajectory and spin that Tucker's have.

Just need to iron out the kinks, that's all.

Nice post Truck, made me feel better.

Elliott can still mature into a great Kicker. Bullock is who he is and missed a game winner for us last year.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 04:55 PM)Au165 Wrote: Why would we have less concerns with Elliot than we did last year? He has missed quite a few kicks in practice and even if we take out the 60 yarder he is 4 of 6 so far in games. I think if we go with Elliot we have a very similar kicking season as we did last year. Maybe he has higher upside, but how many games do you want to lose this season to wait for him to get there?

People say Bullock struggles, but the guy has only missed 2 kicks over the last calendar year (15 of 17) .

Cause it cant be worse than watching the meltdown of nugent.      We have lower expectations lol.

Elliot was struggling in practice I even said I heard that.  that could be what makes the decision for the coaches. that and if they think no one will pick him up if hes cut.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 05:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Cause it cant be worse than watching the meltdown of nugent.      We have lower expectations lol.

Elliot was struggling in practice I even said I heard that.  that could be what makes the decision for the coaches. that and if they think no one will pick him up if hes cut.

Yea but right now Elliot is kicking at a 66% clip (taking out the 60 yarder) Nugent was 79%. Obviously the in game sample size is small but his practice kicking is about the same too. My point is there is a false narrative on Bullock based on one kick last year combined with the fact we used a late round pick on a kicker and it's clouding people's judgement.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 05:13 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yea but right now Elliot is kicking at a 66% clip (taking out the 60 yarder) Nugent was 79%. Obviously the in game sample size is small but his practice kicking is about the same too. My point is there is a false narrative on Bullock based on one kick last year combined with the fact we used a late round pick on a kicker and it's clouding people's judgement.

I wouldn't say its a false narrative, Bullock is 3-6 in the 4th quarter and overtime.  It's not just one kick, it's been his history of hit and miss when the game is on the line.

Sure, he's kicked better in preseason, but he's not clutch at all.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 11:24 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 100% this.

Sorry not sorry, but Elliott sucks. If he's the choice, he's going to make 2016 Nugent look like a legend.

I'm really sick of watching this FO sink the entire team for the sake of developing 1 player (Ogbuehi, Bodine, now possibly Elliott).

Not that Bullock is setting the world ablaze, but at least he's capable of being an 80% kicker.

I think Elliott is having growing pains, but Bullock is who he is.  He's not the guy in game winning situations.  If Simmons chooses Elliott, then that means he thinks Elliott will work it out.  If he chooses Bullock, then he will be acknowledging he made a mistake with the draft picks.  We'll see what happens.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If Bullock is picked, then I think there is a good chance he will begin the best part of his career here. Kickers arent like other positions, and many of them get better after a few years in the league. And I think in his case he can be better if he ever gets the chance to settle in with one team that has confidence in him. After all, the mental part of the kicking game is vitally important, similar to baseball pitchers.

If Elliot is picked, then I think there will be some growing pains at times with him, who at minimum will be better than Nuge was last year. He definitely has the leg to be a successful NFL kicker. But does he have the mental fortitude and muscle memory this early on to be successful? Time will tell, but he wouldnt be the worst kicker in the league either.

In an ideal world if the Bengals knew Elliot would not be picked up off of the practice squad, then that is where I would put him. And if Bullock starts to muck it up, then bring the rook up to the majors.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 12:08 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I only say Elliot because each of his kicks is hit well and looks beautiful: he just misses a bit, which tells me he needs to be coached better on lining up his kicks and aiming.

Bullock's kicks are hit poorly and look terrible, including 3 of his makes in the preseason.

Edit:** and on kickoffs, aside from tonight, there's no comparison who's done better.

Agree, although he's missed more he's missed much much better ! His kicks have all kinds of height and as we've seen he has plenty of leg.

Bullock's kicks like you say look bad and are line drivey.

To be fair I'm not thrilled with either but Elliott seems to have way more upside.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 11:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Couple days until cuts and it's anybody's guess. Simple poll: Who do you think?

I choose Other: Justin Tucker Tongue
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 01:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Big overreaction and BS statement

Elliott will have a better NFL career than Bullock. I have no doubt. A guy misses a 60 yard field goal 3 yards wide left and he sucks????????????? Ridiculous statement.

Yep. I based my opinion all on 1 kick. He isn't hitting at a 57% clip in preseason. He hasn't had bad reports coming out of practice. 

He is getting beaten out by a journeyman.

(09-01-2017, 06:56 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I think Elliott is having growing pains, but Bullock is who he is.  He's not the guy in game winning situations.  If Simmons chooses Elliott, then that means he thinks Elliott will work it out.  If he chooses Bullock, then he will be acknowledging he made a mistake with the draft picks.  We'll see what happens.

Thanks for being respectful, Bonnie. It's easier to discuss things when people don't react like a hyper-sensitive 3 year old when you say something they don't like.

It could be growing pains, but the Bucs probably thought Aguayo was having growing pains. It's just whether or not you want to take that risk. I'd rather not. We have a good ST coach. I'm confident in Simmons to get young guys ready if they have the ability. Elliott has had all summer and doesn't seem to have that ability. So I don't think it's likely he ever will, and he certainly isn't likely to suddenly flip a switch in a couple weeks.

For me, it's risk/reward. If we roll with Elliott, we could end up sinking an entire season for the sake of a kicker. Let me repeat. A kicker. No thanks. If we win the gamble, we have a decent kicker. If we lose the gamble, Elliott winds up costing us games and possibly a playoff spot. Or we could roll with the guy who is decent now, and keep an eye out for upgrades. Kickers are constantly circulating. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Elliott just got cut.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'd call the Panthers about Graham Gano. He's on the trade block.

He's hit 83.0% of his kicks over the last 5 years, and 93.5% of his XP attempts since they were moved back.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 12:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Elliott just got cut.

Maybe their tryin to sneak him on the practice squad. Kinda surprised they did it.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 12:44 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Maybe their tryin to sneak him on the practice squad. Kinda surprised they did it.

I'm surprised only because he was a 5th rounder and that seemed to give him an edge with how we value picks.

His performance called for his release though. I agree PS is likely because I don't think any team will take him on their 53.
Reply/Quote