Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who is "your guy"?
Dennard I think he can be a top 10 CB this season. He is one of the reasons why I felt we could get rid of pacman and Kirkpatrick.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Although they're not "my guys" I'm pulling for Ogbuehi and Fisher to light the world on fire this season.

I'd like to see Dennard turn it around as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I always felt like Hardison could be a truly dominant pass rusher.
If he could just stay healthy...
He's so fast for such a big guy.
Reply/Quote
Mine is Billings. If Atkins can show him a few moves, we could have two "Atkins" up the middle collapsing the pocket.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2017, 02:19 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Burkhead. Hopes he crushes it with Brady and the Pats.

Why?  They are in the same conference as the Bengals. I want him and the Pats to crash and burn. 
Reply/Quote
Alex Erickson.

I kinda like Wisconsin, and they're that school that seems to create solid NFL starters (lets hope TJ Watt ends up being an exception).

I feel like Erickson works so hard, and he isn't as physically gifted as others. He came in and took an established PR/KRs role because he played well when it mattered. I like guys that are given an opportunity to achieve and they take it with both hands. He seems really humble when interviewed as well.
Reply/Quote
I know he's only ST guy and generally pre-season workhorse-but my guy is Ced Peerman. Dude just plays hard and I have a feeling he's a great locker room guy. His role isn't flashy but I've always appreciated him.
Reply/Quote
C.J. Uzomah. Huge, fast, showing some good flashes as the season wound down. I'm hoping this is the year he can emerge and take some pressure off Eifert.
Reply/Quote
Cody Core. I have high hopes for him after seeing some flashes last season. Hopefully the injury and all the competition at WR won't hold him back too much. 

Reply/Quote
The guy who has me very curious is Mason Schreck. When I look at his tapes I'm reminded of another guy who I wished like crazy the Bengals had drafted. He's big, fast pretty good hands and is able blocker..I'd like to see if this guy can push one of our TE's to become better including Ryan Hewitt..

Oh, Who does he remind me of? The one and only TRAVIS KELCE.
Reply/Quote
AJ Green!  That guy can catch lightening in a bottle he's so good. 

Seriously, give me all the big uglies up front.  there's gotta be five mean MF's in that group who can compete as a cohesive unit in the NFL.  Those are "my guys". 

ps. I'm not ashamed to plug it here.....please support my movement to put Bruce Reimers in the Bengalsboard HOF. 

Bruce Reimers deserves it. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2017, 01:16 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know the thread topic is wide open to all kinds of homophobic slurs (Banhammer Twirling Emoji), but I will explain.

Your "guy" is that player that might have a bit of an obscure role on the team.  It isn't Dalton, Green, or someone like that.  It is a player that perhaps you scouted, and pull for to get more opportunities and you hope becomes a big-time player.  Or, whether you wish that for them or not...it could simply be a player you like for various reasons.

Mine is Clayton Fejedelem.  I first saw the guy watching Illinois football (there is a family connection, but for the most part, they are awful).  The guy was making plays all over the field.  First game I saw him he made something like 15 solo tackles.  I thought he was a LB, but he was a safety.  I researched him and learned of his dedication, starting as a walk-on and earning a scholarship.  He is tough, fast, aggressive, and plays with a no-holds-barred attitude.  Maybe it is because he has so many "E"s in his last name.   I don't know.  I just really like the guy.

Who is yours?  I know it isn't a great topic, but we are kind of in the Sahara of posting right now...

Previous "My guys":  Ethan Kilmer, Johnathon Fanane, and Sexy.

Guys like Billings, WJ3 and Shaw i guess are too obvious and Shaw has already shown that he can be a big time
player so i will go with a rookie, JJ Dielman. If this guy can become a solid Center for us our whole team will be so
much better. He played well wherever he was put at Utah and was their best overall O-lineman, better than Asiata
who was more of a run blocker. Played well at Center his 5 games.

Needs to gain some muscle and strength but he has everything else. Pump the weights JJ.

Also speaking of the Thor banhammer, Hewitt needs much more snaps at H-back. When he was in we were much
better in the running game. Don't understand why the paid the man and made him sit. Hewitt does everything
asked of him and more.
Reply/Quote
My two picks are not sexy picks.
Hopkins-I think he finally makes the 53 roster this year.

Redmond -another guard that has a high ceiling.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2017, 09:08 AM)Air Force 1 Wrote: The guy who has me very curious is Mason Schreck. When I look at his tapes I'm reminded of another guy who I wished like crazy the Bengals had drafted. He's big, fast pretty good hands and is able blocker..I'd like to see if this guy can push one of our TE's to become better including Ryan Hewitt..

Oh, Who does he remind me of? The one and only TRAVIS KELCE.

Yeah I like the sound of this guy.   They say he is a very good blocker.  Almost seems like a Steelers style TE who is just tough as nails and can catch.

I'd like to see him catch on, even if it means that CJ or Kroft goes.   I want someone who is the full package at TE, can avoid injury and is mentally tough.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2017, 12:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Guys like Billings, WJ3 and Shaw i guess are too obvious and Shaw has already shown that he can be a big time
player so i will go with a rookie, JJ Dielman. If this guy can become a solid Center for us our whole team will be so
much better. He played well wherever he was put at Utah and was their best overall O-lineman, better than Asiata
who was more of a run blocker. Played well at Center his 5 games.

Needs to gain some muscle and strength but he has everything else. Pump the weights JJ.

Also speaking of the Thor banhammer, Hewitt needs much more snaps at H-back. When he was in we were much
better in the running game. Don't understand why the paid the man and made him sit. Hewitt does everything
asked of him and more.

I believe he was injured is the main reason.  That's what I'm hearing
Reply/Quote
CJ Uzomah.

I liked him a lot coming out of Auburn. Good guy, good work ethic. I think that as he continues to progress he'll be a more and more valued/appreciated member of the team.
Reply/Quote
I'm really surprised I haven't seen this name yet:

Paul Dawson
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Gio

http://www.nfl.com/bernard

Even today, with millions in the bank, Giovani won't spend ostentatiously. His girlfriend's parents live 10 minutes from the Cincinnati Bengals' facility, and the running back spent his rookie training camp last summer living in their basement. He freely says he would've stayed there longer if he wasn't worried about inconveniencing anyone.

His wardrobe comes entirely from his Nike allotment, except for what results from the occasional trip to H&M. ("H&M usually has some really good deals," he says. "Probably like $15, $20 for a nice button-down shirt.") And he shrugs at the people who wonder about his frugality.

"I know who I am. I know what things I cherish in life. I know what things are necessary in life and what I need in life," the 22-year-old says. "A big ol', you know, Rolls-Royce? I don't need that. It's just not -- it's not the type of person that I am."
Reply/Quote
Not sure if he's "my guy" but the dude that keeps on keeping on and get little respect is Vinny Rey. He give us value on D and on ST plus he's also winning those "best community" awards.

As to someone not established that I think will fly is KeiVarae Russell. According to this he only had 1 snap on D last year:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/2016-snap-counts.htm

Doesn't seen right, but if it is, then it's amazing that he had an INT on his only snap.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
My guy is AJ McCarren for sure. He has to sit and watch Dalton every game. He could be called to play at any moment. I think he'd be a starter on a lot of other teams. He has to prepare even if he doesn't play. I think that's harder than actually playing.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote