Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who's Going To The Game?!
(01-10-2022, 03:57 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: But you can buy the kid some overpriced snacks and maybe some gear as he brings us a playoff win! Enjoy the time with your son.

Oh, he gets whatever he wants on game day.  I usually let him picks something out at Koch's downtown on the way in, then the obligatory hot dog and pretzel.  It's pricey, but I can't change the formula so long as it's working.  Still probably cheaper than drinking beer at a game, lol.
Reply/Quote
I'm there. I'm so glad it's the Saturday 4:30 game. That'll be the easiest to attend from the 2.5 hour Athens drive.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 04:01 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Why not?   You'll have a designated driver.   Tongue

Trust me, I'm counting down the years until he can take the job.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 04:02 PM)samhain Wrote: Oh, he gets whatever he wants on game day.  I usually let him picks something out at Koch's downtown on the way in, then the obligatory hot dog and pretzel.  It's pricey, but I can't change the formula so long as it's working.  Still probably cheaper than drinking beer at a game, lol.

Nice, I'm the same way with my kid. Why yes son, you can have the $85.00 nachos and cheese. I basically accept it's part of the game experience, overpaying for stuff. You can sneak at least one beer and be ready to drive safely by game's end, I'd think!?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 03:00 PM)Donnyho Wrote: Section 344.  Going with my dad and 3 brothers. This is the first game we've been able to attend together in a few years, so we'll be rowdy for damn sure.

i am in 343 right by you. The seats are not bad

(01-10-2022, 04:03 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I'm there. I'm so glad it's the Saturday 4:30 game. That'll be the easiest to attend from the 2.5 hour Athens drive.

It is looking like snow from Philly to Pittsburgh to Cincinnati... I have an 8+ hour drive 1 way. I will have to leave early with the forecast.

WHO DEY
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 04:05 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Nice, I'm the same way with my kid. Why yes son, you can have the $85.00 nachos and cheese. I basically accept it's part of the game experience, overpaying for stuff. You can sneak at least one beer and be ready to drive safely by game's end, I'd think!?

Maybe.  Or maybe a sip of bourbon if someone nearby were to smuggle it in depending on how cold it gets, lol.  

An added benefit of not drinking is less bathroom breaks throughout, so not all bad.  
Reply/Quote
Booked my flight last night. Will wait a day or two to see how ticket prices move before I grab a ticket
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 03:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If you were there in 2012 you wasted money for tickets.  That game was played in Houston. 

I was in Houston for it so he can use my heartbreak
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 04:09 PM)samhain Wrote: Maybe.  Or maybe a sip of bourbon if someone nearby were to smuggle it in depending on how cold it gets, lol.  

An added benefit of not drinking is less bathroom breaks throughout, so not all bad.  

Yeah I usually don't drink before or during games because you miss stuff using the bathroom. I broke my rule during the Pittsburgh game and missed Hilton's pick 6.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:19 PM)STR1PES Wrote: Have tix in the nosebleeds on the 45.  Booked a hotel for Sat night.  Will be getting to downtown Cincy around noon. (1:45 minute drive)
I almost bought in the second level crippled section because we weren't sure if we could get anyone to pay for the tickets in the lower crippled section (about a $200 difference and $200 more than regular season tickets!), and the view honestly wasn't that bad. Those are obviously at the bottom of the upper level, but I can't imagine that it would be too much worse.

If you see a crippled dude in his 30s rolling around with a brick-sized computer in his lap that's talking for him, you know who it is so you better come holla at your boy!

Like I said, I think The Banks will be stupid busy and we'd rather be getting fired up in a setting with more room!
(01-10-2022, 12:21 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I'll be there...first row...hammered drunk.
Hell yeah! 

You tailgating before? Where?
(01-10-2022, 12:48 PM)pally Wrote: there are so many tickets on the resale market that I'm afraid we will be seeing a lot of black and silver.  They travel well with a national fan base
With this team, I don't think our fans will let us down! 

We may see some black and silver, but no way they travel better than the Steelers and we always overwhelm their fans, which should be even more evident this game!
(01-10-2022, 12:54 PM)grampahol Wrote: I have a friend who is a traitor to the cause...Born in Bengal country, lived in Oakland for a while and became one of the enemy. The good news is he lives solely on the dole, hasn't worked a day in 5 years and drinks real cheap vodka all day so I know he won't be there.. The guy has to bum cheap ass  tobacco to roll a cigarette..  Hilarious
Thank God!

We don't want him!

Are you going?!
(01-10-2022, 02:15 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: LOL and Facepalm at the same time while reading your post. Enjoy the game, I don't live near Cincinnati and don't have a ticket! Who Dey!
[Image: xzUY2f.gif]

Hilarious

I wish you could be there brother but we'll bring home a winner for you and the rest of Who-Dey Nation!

It's going to get crazy!
(01-10-2022, 02:29 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I was there in 2006.  Section 152, row 16, seats 1-2.  Heart broken.
I was there in 2010.  Same seats. Heart broken.
I was there in 2012.  Same seats.  Heart broken.
I was there in 2014.  Same seats.  Heart broken.
I was there in 2016.  Heart ripped out of my chest, thrown down, stomped on.  And, of course, broken.

I am like a slot machine addict.  Keep putting in the coin, pulling the lever, thinking that this time will be different.

And yes, I will be there on Saturday.  Section 152, row 16, seats 1 & 2.  And I truly believe that THIS TIME WILL BE DIFFERENT.
I hear you brother........... I was also at all of those, but it's a New-Dey and we're bringing home the W, like you said!

It's going to be NUTS after!
(01-10-2022, 02:36 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I'm going with a buddy, but we'll just be parking and walking into the stadium.  

Looking at the resale market, the prices are going through the roof.  Cheapest I saw was $189 and that's probably closer to $250 with the taxes and fees.  I hope anyone going bought their seats early.
Yeah, like I said above, even purchasing through the crippled ticket office is about three times as much ($300).

It will be completely worth it to see the Raiders walking off the field in shame and Burrow, Mixon, Chase and crew standing on the benches as time expires and post-game firing up the crowd!
(01-10-2022, 02:38 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I'll be there... just as I was the last playoff home game heart breaks.  

Excited for the atmosphere there is nothing like it. Remember the feeling just before the Jeremy Hill fumble it was absolutely electric in Paul Brown. I hope to have that feeling again with a better outcome
I was almost crying in happiness because of how it felt in that stadium after the interception and before Hill fumbled away our hopes and dreams.......
(01-10-2022, 02:46 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It's sweet seeing many of you are attending. I hope you leave the stadium with the memory of knowing you saw the 30 year+ playoff winless drought ending.

I know! I love that we have fans from all over that will be there and ready to go crazy!

(01-10-2022, 03:00 PM)Donnyho Wrote: Section 344.  Going with my dad and 3 brothers. This is the first game we've been able to attend together in a few years, so we'll be rowdy for damn sure.
Us getting the W will be one of the greatest memories that all three of you will have together!
(01-10-2022, 03:53 PM)samhain Wrote: I will be there, and I'm bringing a ringer.  

My 9 year old son has been to 3 games with me this year.  We won them all, including the KC game.  For comparison, when I bring my wife, they are about 2-12 in the 17 years we've been together.  My wife will never go to a game again.

This is a bit of a trade-off here.  Obviously I can't go out there and drink with my kid in tow, but I feel like changing things up now would be a bad idea, so it's a worthy sacrifice.
Tell your son thanks and to bring us another W! Let him know that we're all counting on him!
(01-10-2022, 04:11 PM)basballguy Wrote: Booked my flight last night.  Will wait a day or two to see how ticket prices move before I grab a ticket

Not sure if you'll be able to get decent seats if you wait too long but I LOVE the dedication!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 04:09 PM)samhain Wrote: Maybe.  Or maybe a sip of bourbon if someone nearby were to smuggle it in depending on how cold it gets, lol.  

1 I quit drinking beer years ago because my ass was getting HUGE!

2 I think I'm going to try and smuggle in some Tito's to mix with Diet Mt Dew in the stadium.

3 We're starting around noon, so I'll need to pace myself so I can enjoy the game!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 03:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If you were there in 2012 you wasted money for tickets.  That game was played in Houston. 

Course I meant 2013.  So much heartbreak.  It's all a blur.
Reply/Quote
We'll be there, can't wait for the excitement/atmosphere!

However, other games we attended this season we just parked and went straight to stadium. This time we're likely staying in hotel and coming in. Anyone have good tips about tailgating areas or places we can hang before the game? I'd apprecitate it.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 05:56 PM)Bengal Billy Wrote: We'll be there, can't wait for the excitement/atmosphere!

However, other games we attended this season we just parked and went straight to stadium. This time we're likely staying in hotel and coming in. Anyone have good tips about tailgating areas or places we can hang before the game? I'd apprecitate it.

I stayed at the Quality Inn on 8th street. So I would walk down Gest St. and into the Longworth Hall Parking lot. It is just west of PB stadium.  A lot of fun going on there. They have all the buses people paint orange, lots of music, fire pits... people giving away free shots. A strong, healthy pro-Cincinnati vibe going on there. I always walk through there. Great tailgating. WHO DEY

*On the opposite side of the stadium (east side), up the stairs... is the area where you can buy beer at restaurants/bars and have an open container. I forget what it is called but it is by the Banks area in Cincinnati @ Freedom Way street. It is a small area that gets packed. It starts at the Reds Stadium and goes back to the stadium. I have gotten drinks @ Jefferson Social. And I had no issues getting a beer within 2-3 people ahead of me. Live music, tons of people. I would say this is more "pre-game" then tailgating.

I have also noticed walking back to my hotel after the game that there is free parking on 7th street. Put "Jedson Engineering" into your GPS/Google Maps.

*This is the DORA (designated outdoor refreshment area) https://www.fox19.com/2021/03/16/heres-when-youll-be-able-carry-beer-cocktails-around-banks/
Reply/Quote
So i'm reading Longworth Hall is where i want to pregame on Saturday?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 07:41 PM)basballguy Wrote: So i'm reading Longworth Hall is where i want to pregame on Saturday?

If you want to bring beer... I have seen people carrying a 12-pack and just hanging out. Like I said, people have fire pits, so if you are cold... just start a friendly conversation and stand near their fire. I got season tickets and this is by far the best tailgating area. A few games I have seen shot tables, where fans are yelling "free shots" and they have a table of multiple 1.75 L of booze. I smoke my victory cigar as I walk to the game, and always hit this area and see the fans.

If you have no beer... go to the DORA area by the banks. My previous post has the DORA map linked.

And as you leave Longworth Hall... there is a hot dog vendor selling water for $1. I grab 2. You can take them into PBS unopened. Once you get inside water is either $5+ or $11+. I would rather spend $2 and put 2 waters in my back pockets.

Don't fail to bring a bottle of unopened water into the game. The water prices at PBS are atrocious. And people will sit on coolers and sell water for $2. Which is still fine. But that hot dog vendor sells it for $1.
Reply/Quote
Nope

Like saying earlier this year, I bought season tickets right after the Bengals last playoff win and kept them every single year until this season.

Once realizing I was the one obviously holding them back, stepped aside and let the playoff winning begin for Bengals.

Going to keep doing my part by watching the curse being broken on TV this year for a change.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I always pregame at the banks. I know I'm drinking and the plan like last time is not to remember much win or lose... The bathrooms do move pretty quickly but yes it does suck missing a portion of the game.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 06:27 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: I stayed at the Quality Inn on 8th street. So I would walk down Gest St. and into the Longworth Hall Parking lot. It is just west of PB stadium.  A lot of fun going on there. They have all the buses people paint orange, lots of music, fire pits... people giving away free shots. A strong, healthy pro-Cincinnati vibe going on there. I always walk through there. Great tailgating. WHO DEY

*On the opposite side of the stadium (east side), up the stairs... is the area where you can buy beer at restaurants/bars and have an open container. I forget what it is called but it is by the Banks area in Cincinnati @ Freedom Way street. It is a small area that gets packed. It starts at the Reds Stadium and goes back to the stadium. I have gotten drinks @ Jefferson Social. And I had no issues getting a beer within 2-3 people ahead of me. Live music, tons of people. I would say this is more "pre-game" then tailgating.

I have also noticed walking back to my hotel after the game that there is free parking on 7th street. Put "Jedson Engineering" into your GPS/Google Maps.

*This is the DORA (designated outdoor refreshment area) https://www.fox19.com/2021/03/16/heres-when-youll-be-able-carry-beer-cocktails-around-banks/

Awesome! Thanks for the info. We'll be coming from 5th st and on the east side of stadium. Cool tips man, thanks.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 07:41 PM)basballguy Wrote: So i'm reading Longworth Hall is where i want to pregame on Saturday?

I've tailgated there several times when I had season tickets. It's pretty fun there. Plus, 700 wlw comes down and interviews the crowd a lot and gives away free stuff. There's always a few dudes walking around trying to sell cheap stuff for a little profit but I never bought anything. That's a little annoying but is what it is. It's not bad or even a little bad, yet one may be approached. Other than that, we set up grills and cornhole boards and threw footballs. It was fun. That place rocks. 

When I took my wife, we stayed at embassy suites and once at Courtyard, both in Covington, KY and took the bus over the river. It was a cheap, safe ride when knowing your going to drink and don't want to drive and pay $50 for parking. I think we paid $1 to ride over and $1 to ride back. Pretty awesome. It's a no brainer to avoid a DUI for $4 that takes you to the front door of your hotel.

WARNING: If you want to tailgate, don't park at the gravel pit. It is what it's called. Just a place to park. Also, there are several established tailgates in lots on your way to stadium. These people know how to party and many times it's a pay flat fee and you eat and drink whatever. Like $10 bucks. I've never been to one of those but planned to. Wife said no. But heard others talk about them. Whatever

So anyway, for those that still frequent often, does that dude still show up every game with the herse and waxed dead body wearing the competitions uniform? I thought that was cool.

Reply/Quote