Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who's Going To The Game?!
(01-11-2022, 05:20 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, Krummie was bad, but it happened for me on tv, so it was a bit abstract.  For me, Carson was worse because it happened in person, and just minutes after kickoff.  I just knew the day was going into the shitter, along with the entire postseason, and it was all going to unfold right in front of me.  No changing the channel or leaving the couch for more bean dip. 

Dammit, Saturday has to be a happy day.  WE ARE SO OWED.    

Kitna had a great offense to do his magic.. so unfortunate.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 03:38 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Now, you keep that stallion in the paddock, big fella LOL

I remember we all were up and the crowd was roaring, and then the noise just ebbed as we saw someone down on the field and it began collectively dawning on everyone who was down.  Damn, that was a bitter day.  I hope Saturday is a 180 from that nonsense.  

I wasn't there in 05, but I was 10 years later. The place erupted in the rain when Vontaze intercepted that ball, and headed for the tunnel. Strangers hugging, high fives, and fist bumps. I still remember the woman behind me's shrill scream... Then the collective groan of the crowd when Hill fumbled. We didn't know it'd be THAT spectacularly stupid of an ending... But we all knew that we'd just blown it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 08:56 PM)jason Wrote: I wasn't there in 05, but I was 10 years later. The place erupted in the rain when Vontaze intercepted that ball, and headed for the tunnel. Strangers hugging, high fives, and fist bumps. I still remember the woman behind me's shrill scream... Then the collective groan of the crowd when Hill fumbled. We didn't know it'd be THAT spectacularly stupid of an ending... But we all knew that we'd just blown it.

We had some drunken asshole Steeler fans two rows behind us, and they became more belligerent as the game wore on.  Late in the fourth quarter they nearly came to blows with the Bengal fans in the row directly behind us.  So, we were all relieved when the interception happened, and the two drunken assholes departed in disgust.  We all waved goodbye to them as we high-fived.  Then the fumble happened, and the penalties, and it was just such a freefall from the euphoria we' experienced a few minutes before.  The ice-cold rain didn't help.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 09:15 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: We had some drunken asshole Steeler fans two rows behind us, and they became more belligerent as the game wore on.  Late in the fourth quarter they nearly came to blows with the Bengal fans in the row directly behind us.  So, we were all relieved when the interception happened, and the two drunken assholes departed in disgust.  We all waved goodbye to them as we high-fived.  Then the fumble happened, and the penalties, and it was just such a freefall from the euphoria we' experienced a few minutes before.  The ice-cold rain didn't help.  

I feel good about our chances Saturday... I'll be sitting at home. I know those season tickets give you a bird's eye view to all of the recent victories and horrors of our Bengals. Something about when I do end up sitting in the south end zone though... Brandon Stokely game. Chargers playoff loss (only loss in that stadium all year), and the Vontaze/ Hill/ Pacman playoff game.

I think they'll pull it off with me sitting on the couch this go round.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 09:26 PM)jason Wrote: I feel good about our chances Saturday... I'll be sitting at home. I know those season tickets give you a bird's eye view to all of the recent victories and horrors of our Bengals. Something about when I do end up sitting in the south end zone though... Brandon Stokely game. Chargers playoff loss (only loss in that stadium all year), and the Vontaze/ Hill/ Pacman playoff game.

When they win you might have to sit tight on your couch until late February. Call off work and line up people to take care of your basic needs. We have to take all the luck and good vibes we can for a Super Bowl run.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 09:26 PM)jason Wrote: I feel good about our chances Saturday... I'll be sitting at home. I know those season tickets give you a bird's eye view to all of the recent victories and horrors of our Bengals. Something about when I do end up sitting in the south end zone though... Brandon Stokely game. Chargers playoff loss (only loss in that stadium all year), and the Vontaze/ Hill/ Pacman playoff game.

We've had so many here the past few days saying how they won't be attending Saturday and how we'll now win because of that, that one of you has to be right.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 09:30 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: We've had so many here the past few days saying how they won't be attending Saturday and how we'll now win because of that, that one of you has to be right.  

Or maybe it's just those damn end zone seats... Jets playoff game... Andy Dalton Thursday night meltdown... North end zone.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I’ll be there north side end zone 228. Have not missed a home game playoff since 1980.

Who dey
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 10:58 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: I’ll be there north side end zone 228.  Have not missed a home game playoff since 1980.  

Who dey

LOVE the dedication!

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
There are six in my group. Sec. 144 tickets aren’t cheap but for me I’ve been at all playoff games and this time thanks to Joey B things will be different! WHO Dey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 10:58 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: I’ll be there north side end zone 228.  Have not missed a home game playoff since 1980.  

Who dey

That's pretty sweet! Enjoy.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 11:02 PM)csrbowhunter Wrote: There are six in my group. Sec. 144 tickets aren’t cheap but for me I’ve been at all playoff games and this time thanks to Joey B things will be different! WHO Dey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think our tickets are section 146 in the crippled section! Come say hi!

WHO-DEY!
(01-11-2022, 11:04 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: That's pretty sweet! Enjoy.

I'm already getting amped up!

A little over 48 hours away!
Reply/Quote
Tiger

I'll be in Cincinnati tomorrow afternoon around 7pm.
At PBS around 3pm section 140 watching the offensive line closely throughout the game. The hardest jobs in Cincy between 4pm-8pm on Saturday is being an offensive lineman for the Bengals. Time to prove it guys!
WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
What game we talking about?

Jk. I’m freaking pumped. I’ll be there. Missed the chiefs game because I was sick and didn’t want to be an ass and go spread what I had. I plan to make up for missed time
Reply/Quote
We all have a unique responsibility Saturday at PBS.

Given that we regularly post on Internet forum(s) dedicated to Bengals football, it's safe to assume that we're as dedicated to our fanhood as anyone. Not everyone has quite the same passion, obsession, or desire that we have. To the best of our ability, we need to command our sections and keep the more casual fans engaged. That might sound snooty, but these are the playoffs. We have to do what we have to do. Break through those barriers of social awkwardness, and be a leader of people in your immediate seating vicinity. Get them standing and making noise on defense, especially third downs. Congratulate them for their contribution when the Raiders false start. Make sure it's clear that every snap is critical, and that our continued engagement even and especially during periods of adversity makes a real difference that can help the team win and this playoff win drought end.

Maybe this is less necessary in the lower sections where the most engaged fans tend to congregate. But it applies as much to the canopy level and everywhere else. That overpowering drone of noise needs to deafen the Raiders and make them know without question that they will find no quarter in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
Section 235. My body is ready.
Reply/Quote
I ended up grabbing an end zone ticket (154)...first time ever watching an NFL game from the end zone (well i guess any football game)...hope it doesn't disappoint.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 09:26 PM)basballguy Wrote: I ended up grabbing an end zone ticket (154)...first time ever watching an NFL game from the end zone (well i guess any football game)...hope it doesn't disappoint.

I've sat in the end zone twice. I actually liked it. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
We got season tickets in the Wheelchair section but aren't crippled.... easily one of the best seats in the house honestly.

Ready to roar!
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 09:26 PM)basballguy Wrote: I ended up grabbing an end zone ticket (154)...first time ever watching an NFL game from the end zone (well i guess any football game)...hope it doesn't disappoint.

(01-13-2022, 09:49 PM)Wyche Wrote: I've sat in the end zone twice. I actually liked it. 

I've had a blast there. You have to be rowdy. Red zone action is madness. Get loud!!
Reply/Quote