Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who's Going To The Game?!
(01-10-2022, 03:05 PM)jason Wrote: Pretty sure my attendance causes playoff losses. I'm sitting this one out fellas... You're welcome.

Same. Scott Stapp voice “My Sacrifiiice”
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 10:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I've tailgated there several times when I had season tickets. It's pretty fun there. Plus, 700 wlw comes down and interviews the crowd a lot and gives away free stuff. There's always a few dudes walking around trying to sell cheap stuff for a little profit but I never bought anything. That's a little annoying but is what it is. It's not bad or even a little bad, yet one may be approached. Other than that, we set up grills and cornhole boards and threw footballs. It was fun. That place rocks. 

When I took my wife, we stayed at embassy suites and once at Courtyard, both in Covington, KY and took the bus over the river. It was a cheap, safe ride when knowing your going to drink and don't want to drive and pay $50 for parking. I think we paid $1 to ride over and $1 to ride back. Pretty awesome. It's a no brainer to avoid a DUI for $4 that takes you to the front door of your hotel.

WARNING: If you want to tailgate, don't park at the gravel pit. It is what it's called. Just a place to park. Also, there are several established tailgates in lots on your way to stadium. These people know how to party and many times it's a pay flat fee and you eat and drink whatever. Like $10 bucks. I've never been to one of those but planned to. Wife said no. But heard others talk about them. Whatever

So anyway, for those that still frequent often, does that dude still show up every game with the herse and waxed dead body wearing the competitions uniform? I thought that was cool.

Great info thanks. If any of if you fine gentlemen want to invite me to your tailgate, then I would happily attend.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 03:05 PM)jason Wrote: Pretty sure my attendance causes playoff losses. I'm sitting this one out fellas... You're welcome.

Same. Scott Stapp voice “My Sacrifiiice”
Reply/Quote
We (me, my wife and our boys) will be there in Sec 315! Split season tickets for years but never been to a playoff game….Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
Just saw my friends are having a tailgate in Lot A (which is located between 2nd and 3rd street and Elm and Central Ave right under the 71 bypass) and we might stop by there on our way to the bar (Tina's) or the game.

If you're near there and see some dude in a wheelchair that is talking with a brick-size computer, come say hi!
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 11:14 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Just saw my friends are having a tailgate in Lot A (which is located between 2nd and 3rd street and Elm and Central Ave right under the 71 bypass) and we might stop by there on our way to the bar (Tina's) or the game.

If you're near there and see some dude in a wheelchair that is talking with a brick-size computer, come say hi!

You're not going to be in that Speedo are you? Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 11:27 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You're not going to be in that Speedo are you? Hilarious

Not at the tailgate but you better believe it's coming out in the crippled section during the game!

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I'll be traveling from Atlanta with my son, this will be my third trip to PBS this season after not being back since 2012. Staying in Newport Saturday night hoping to have a reason to celebrate hard! We're sitting in section 220. Tailgating around Lot D/CR West

This is the year, ladies and gentlemen. Maybe a year early for a Super Bowl run, but there will be a Bengals divisional round game this year, at least.

WHO DEY
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 11:27 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You're not going to be in that Speedo are you? Hilarious

Oh man, that was a great post. You brought some tears to my eyes this morning as I laugh. Cheers Maybe if you bring a calendar he'll sign if for you?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I went to the Steelers/Bengals playoff game in 2005. Carson went down about the second play. I vowed to not go back to another playoff game and haven't since. Hope we win and everyone enjoys the game though.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 12:16 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I went to the Steelers/Bengals playoff game in 2005. Carson went down about the second play. I vowed to not go back to another playoff game and haven't since. Hope we win and everyone enjoys the game though.

Kimo ruined Carson's leg and your fandom.  Cry
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wonder if Andy will attend the game, you know, for relishing those fun days making the playoffs back in the day. Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 12:38 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I wonder if Andy will attend the game, you know, for relishing those fun days making the playoffs back in the day.  Sarcasm

If he were to attend, I certainly hope it would be in the Brown's family box and he would be treated well by the crowd. He played his heart out for us. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 11:28 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Not at the tailgate but you better believe it's coming out in the crippled section during the game!

Hilarious

Now, you keep that stallion in the paddock, big fella LOL

(01-11-2022, 12:16 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I went to the Steelers/Bengals playoff game in 2005. Carson went down about the second play. I vowed to not go back to another playoff game and haven't since. Hope we win and everyone enjoys the game though.

I remember we all were up and the crowd was roaring, and then the noise just ebbed as we saw someone down on the field and it began collectively dawning on everyone who was down.  Damn, that was a bitter day.  I hope Saturday is a 180 from that nonsense.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I'll be attending. Section 158. Who-Dey!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 03:38 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I remember we all were up and the crowd was roaring, and then the noise just ebbed as we saw someone down on the field and it began collectively dawning on everyone who was down.  Damn, that was a bitter day.  I hope Saturday is a 180 from that nonsense.  

Yep......... that's a memory that sticks in what's left of my brain................ three of us in the crippled section, the three of them standing and giving each other high fives while screaming with me in my wheelchair with my arms up screaming in excitement, but then looking back and seeing Carson laying there.

I remember just praying that it was something minor and trying to hold onto hope that it wasn't serious but then getting a text from my brother saying that the MRI was bad news.

It would have been amazing to see what could have been, and maybe I'm just over it because it was so long ago, but I'm even more excited about this game and I'm more confident that we can get the job done!

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 03:38 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Now, you keep that stallion in the paddock, big fella LOL
Can't make any promises......  this hog has a mind of his own!

Hilarious
(01-11-2022, 04:22 PM)Takedown Wrote: I'll be attending. Section 158. Who-Dey!!!

Section 146.............. normally, our seats are in 110 in the crippled section but I guess they were sold out Sad

Hammer

Bang Head

Pissed

Still not bad seats and maybe some people won't show up and we can move down more towards mid-field. Sucks that we're also on the Raiders side, but it is what it is.

Come say hi!
Reply/Quote
As a reminder the RV and Boat show is in town. Parking may be an issue and most downtown eating spots will be full.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 03:38 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I remember we all were up and the crowd was roaring, and then the noise just ebbed as we saw someone down on the field and it began collectively dawning on everyone who was down.  Damn, that was a bitter day.  I hope Saturday is a 180 from that nonsense.  

That was bad, but watching Krumrie break his leg was worse. As soon as he was carted off, I knew we would not win. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 05:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That was bad, but watching Krumrie break his leg was worse. As soon as he was carted off, I knew we would not win. 

Yeah, Krummie was bad, but it happened for me on tv, so it was a bit abstract.  For me, Carson was worse because it happened in person, and just minutes after kickoff.  I just knew the day was going into the shitter, along with the entire postseason, and it was all going to unfold right in front of me.  No changing the channel or leaving the couch for more bean dip. 

Dammit, Saturday has to be a happy day.  WE ARE SO OWED.    
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote